Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

Re: After Little Mermaid, What Disney Classic deserves a Dark Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgower1994 View Post
    I would like lion king at animal kingdom and Cinderella in Disney world where it now snow white scary adventure
    Ok, but we're just talking about Disneyland.

As many have said Beauty and the Beast and Lion King have been criminally overlooked. I'm just not sure they're dark ride material. They certainly deserve something permanent, but I'm not sure that's it. Although it would NEVER happen, I'd love to see a Beauty and the Beast castle. Or at least some kind of walk through experience. I don't know any child that wouldn't want to explore that place. As for Lion King I don't know what to make that into. It would be hard to top the Lion King Parade that ran when the film was released.

As for Aladdin, that's dark ride material for sure. Something in between Peter Pan, and Indy. As for Cinderella, that deserves something, but I'm not sure what. Sleeping Beauty however already has the castle, so I don't think we need to prioritize that over anything for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

The Three Caballeros (fly on a magic carpet or boat ride to exotic South America for a colorful and surreal visit to a land of beauty, music, dance and excitement).
    They have this at Epcot. Except they go through Mexico, not South America.

• Banned User

are the 3 caballeros in Small world? I have a foggy recollection of them being in there...Aladdin has the most potential to be a dark ride I think (atmospherically) Lion King should have its own show like Aladdin does permanently in the park, beauty and the beast has a lot of potential too you could have like projections of the opening stained glass story then go thru the village, then the forest, tour the castle and ballroom scene, then have an epic ending with gaston...we all have this long-standing Pixar Debate, but I think Disney Classics should be considered first.

I agree it is almost criminal that some films have been overlooked

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    are the 3 caballeros in Small world? I have a foggy recollection of them being in there...Aladdin has the most potential to be a dark ride I think (atmospherically) Lion King should have its own show like Aladdin does permanently in the park, beauty and the beast has a lot of potential too you could have like projections of the opening stained glass story then go thru the village, then the forest, tour the castle and ballroom scene, then have an epic ending with gaston...we all have this long-standing Pixar Debate, but I think Disney Classics should be considered first
    That is a great Idea. I always pictured a Trackless Tea Cup ride for Beauty and the Beast similar to Tokyo's Pooh. Where in the beginning of the ride you watch the films opening like how on pooh you watch that clip. And you would go through the town very brightly lit where they would have Bonjour playing. And Be Our Guest would be like the nightmare sequence in Tokyo's pooh ride.
    Also about Pixar I also think Disney Classics should be given attractions first. I would much rather see Atlantis take over Nemo and a Treasure Planet ride take over Buzz. And a side note ToonTown needs more of the Disney Afternoon cartoons represented like DuckTales and Darkwing Duck.

I know everyone has been kind of annoyed with Pixar 'taking over' Disney but I think that UP needs a ride
    I totally agree. I love Up.

I also would like to see a Mulan ride.

A Wall-E attraction wouldn't be bad either.

• Banned User

UP has more business in the parks than NEMO and BLAB and Monsters Inc. and Bugs Land (which was a commercial failure) these attractions seem like cheap overlays or rushed with very little imagination, at least UP has ADVENTURE in the story, Like DLR_ADDICT and I say, they should base attractions on films based on adventure like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Aladdin, etc...I cant even look at the Nemo subs when Im there, it makes me irritated LOL

• Banned User

Yes Yes and YEs!!!!!! especially Ducktales!!! all the possibilities for Ducktales ride, what if it had several different paths (like indy, but actual separate paths, not a moving panel lol) and there would be like 3 different ducktales adventures....I get excited just thinking about it

I'm not sure where it would fit at DLR, but Animal Kingdom should have opened with a big Lion King dark ride with a show building disguised to look like Pride Rock. I don't know how this hasn't happened yet.

Only because I can see where it would go and fits the theme better than the ride that's there, a WALL-E dark ride to replace BLAA. Use part of the on-ride photo section as part of the ride.

Beauty & the Beast, though you have to be honest, considering how iconic this film is, it'll be one of the most challenging dark rides ever built.

• Banned User

A Crush's Coaster themed to Aladdin with spinning carpets (this has been said before in other forums) would be spectacular! if they could work out the capacity issues.

Why isnt Ducktales in Toontown? grrrrrr! LOL

• Future Imagineer

Yes Yes and YEs!!!!!! especially Ducktales!!! all the possibilities for Ducktales ride, what if it had several different paths (like indy, but actual separate paths, not a moving panel lol) and there would be like 3 different ducktales adventures....I get excited just thinking about it
    That would be so cool. I wish someone at Imagineering was reading this.

• Banned User

My favorite Ducktales Episodes for an attraction would have to be
    Hotel StrangeDuck--the haunted castle Hotel
    Sweet Duck of Youth-fountain of youth
    Luck o The Ducks and--with da Leprechauns
    Back out in the Outback--the flying saucers that shaved the sheep in Australia
    Duck in the Iron Mask--count of monte cristo episode

although the Treasure of the Golden Suns Pilot could be an attraction in itself

• Future Imagineer

My favorite Ducktales Episodes for an attraction would have to be
    Hotel StrangeDuck--the haunted castle Hotel
    Sweet Duck of Youth-fountain of youth
    Luck o The Ducks and--with da Leprechauns
    Back out in the Outback--the flying saucers that shaved the sheep in Australia
    Duck in the Iron Mask--count of monte cristo episode

although the Treasure of the Golden Suns Pilot could be an attraction in itself
    I wish they made a DuckTales trackless ride so you could go down different paths each time. Or maybe even make a lost DuckTales episode that you ride through. I wish all Disney animated films and television shows got more recognition at the parks. That's why I love Disney Animation building in DCA.
    What can I say I'm a sucker for Disney Animation.

• AP holder 400 miles away

IMO aladin would be the best but might be to similar to peter pan. i'd imagine it as the "car" being magic carpet and then u flying over everything and kinda playing out the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    I wish they made a DuckTales trackless ride so you could go down different paths each time. Or maybe even make a lost DuckTales episode that you ride through. I wish all Disney animated films and television shows got more recognition at the parks. That's why I love Disney Animation building in DCA.
    What can I say I'm a sucker for Disney Animation.
    Create a new episode of Ducktales for a ride? Genius!

I imagine it being big and epic like Indy. Ducktales: Mystery of the Missing Money. Or something like that...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234