View Poll Results: Whats ur favorite thrilling/scary attraction?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tower of Terror

54 63.53%
  • California Screamin

11 12.94%
  • Matterhorn

2 2.35%
  • Space Mountain

9 10.59%
  • Big Thunder Mountain

1 1.18%
  • Splash Mountain

3 3.53%
  • Pinoccio's daring journey

0 0%
  • Snow Whites scary adventures

5 5.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Blew By You

Re: What is the Scariest, most thrilling attraction at Disneyland Resort?

I'll probably never ever experience ToT, maybe Screamin', so that's that. But for my vote, I chose Space Mountain. Those precious few seconds in which the rocket sled stops in front of the control booth and makes you wait are incredibly anxiety inducing moments. Then the sled starts so slowly. You know what's lying ahead for you. But I feel the Imagineers effectively used ironic settings of stop and slow at these beginning moments to make the attraction better.

15 minutes from the park that started it all

I voted ToT as well, but I wouldn't consider any ride at the DLR truly "terrifying" IMO
    If given the choice, Boomerang at Knott's sure took me for a spin.

• Goofy

tower of terror. the floating or weightless or whatever is just fun and quite a little scary.

• Banned User

I know theres no overly scary ride at the resort, im speaking of course in a relative sense...among the Disney attractions

X at magic mountain and Supreme Scream at Knotts are among the most terrifying rides in California

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

First of all, LOVE THIS THREAD.

And I agree Mickey's Fun Wheel should be on there. I've known people to FREAK OUT on that thing. I'm pretty sure the moving carts were designed to scare, as I have no other idea what it would be for because it sure isn't the view.

And you know what else should be on there? Mulholland Madness/Goofy's Fly School. Crazy mouse rides are designed to make you feel like you'll fly off the track and the speed of hitting those sharp turns gives me that anxiety each time. Thank GOD it's not one of the ones where the cart actually tip to the side on each turn like I've seen on Rollercoaster Tycoon or else I'd probably cry and that's coming from a grown man lol

Matterhorn, by design, is KINDA scary but what makes it REALLY scary to me is the pain level and uncomfortably of the track and trains. I'm holding on for dear life on those things but I think for the wrong reasons.

That part on Splash Mountain before the drop totally freaks me out. Totally feel like it's my last day on earth and I'm going to die in some on ride accident when the drop comes. I know it's not going to happen but that creepy music, lighting, the sad and sinister looking AAs totally trick my mind into believing it for just a moment every single time. I have to actually psych myself into remembering nothing is going to happen just like all the other times. I can't imagine how kids feel going on that part.

By design and ride system, TOT wins for being 100% effective on presentation from the daunting building, detailed queue, pre show, CMs who work it, scenes during the ride and the actual drop technology of the ride itself.

• Banned User

I know what you mean!! OMG when the music changes on Splash Mountain to an ominous and foreboding tone and then you start to climb and see the shadow of Br'er Fox and the Vultures...mo matter how many times Ive ridden it, that part is so nerve racking in anticipation of the drop LOL good times!

Snow White's Scary Adventures was kinda scary the first time. I went on it a couple weeks ago and literally jumped when the queen turned away from the mirror. Then she kept trying to startle me the rest of the ride.

But in all seriousness, I'm going with the unoriginal answer and saying Tower of Terror. While going on it roughly twelve times in the last three weeks has taken away from the scare factor quite a bit, I can't think of anything else at the park that can take its place, despite the fact that California Screamin' goes twice as fast. The first time I went on it about a year ago, I figured that it was a ride that would slowly lift you up and then drop you a couple of times. Therefore, I did not see that first drop coming at all. Even now, if someone next to me seems genuinely scared on the ride, I'll give them a heads up.

If we're talking Disneyland only, I've gotta go with Splash Mountain. I can handle the big drop on California Screamin' no problem. I can go on Tower of Terror and not even break a sweat. But everything after that one "rollercoaster drop" before the bees to that final up-hill climb has me feeling nervous. I can't wait until the ride re-opens. May 27th seems so far away.
    Last edited by PrototypeX85; 03-27-2011 at 07:11 AM.

I vote for ToT, but for my own reason. I am used to the one in WDW, and when I rode DCA's version for the first time a couple of days ago, I was definitely thrilled because the drop sequence began in a place that was completely unexpected for me. What a shock!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by martyallee View Post
    Mickey's Fun Wheel is terrifying.
    I voted TOT but the swinging cars on MFW are very scary! Those scare me even when I am in a regular one watching people in a swinging one!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I voted for Tower of Terror, but I'm surprised you didn't include Indiana Jones on the list.

I voted for Screamin'.

I know most people point to the accelerated beginning as the scary part but for me it's that drop that makes cringe!
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Without a doubt ToT. It's also one of my favorite attractions in the entire resort.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I would go with Ghost Galaxy...not that its scary to me but the music gives me and Adrenalin Rush when ever I go on it

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I admire the fact that Tower of Terror still surprises people in every elevator, seemingly, with the first drop. Love that. For myself, it's long ceased since being scary (if it ever was to me): it's purely and simply fun as hell and the drops/show scenes never get old. I could ride ToT in a row over and over, no problem.

I'd say for me, scariest goes to Nemo. And that's not sarcasm about the "boring" factor either. Last time I rode it I got the end seat, which means half is taken up by the ladder. Terribly claustrophobic and horrible, uncomfortable. Killed any desire I have to ride it again, even with a normal seat (still small)

• Banned User

Claustrophobic nemo sounds horrific!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast