• Philharmagic

7 16.67%
  • Great Movie Ride

2 4.76%
  • an original ride

4 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Disney Imagineer

If you were in charge of the Carthay Circle Theatre Project...

What would you build inside its grand exterior?
    Minds still aren't made up about what will be inside CCT, so there is still time to imagineer what should be, or what will be, inside. If I were in charge of the Carthay Circle Theatre Project, I would make it into a classy movie theater, and provide a lot of information to the mysterious characters the average guest has never even heard of.

Lobby:-two stories and quite elegant looking, just like the old lobby in the real Carthay Circle theater.
    - provides showcases of the story of Walt moving into L.A.: starting from Walt's beginnings in L.A. and his first idea, moving on ino his first comics of characters (like Oswald and the others) in the early 1920s, moving on to his first cartoons in the late 1920s (Alice Comedies anyone?) all the way to Disney's first full-length animated films of the lae 1930s-early 1940s
    - Soda and popcorn stand: an accurate depiction of old, traditional movie popcorn stands where you can buy a souvenir tub of Popcorn from CCT and enjoy the shows in the theater.

Carthay Circle Club: What can I say? I like the idea. It can be very hidden and private on the third floor, and could have a delightfully delicious restaurant and its own private balcony in the theatre for members to use to enjoy the show.

Theater: showing classic Disney cartoons all day, including ones made even before Mickey Mouse was created. Every evening will “premiere” a “brand new” Disney full-length animated feature.
    Atmosphere/show of sorts: Every evening will be the big movie “premiere” of a classic Disney animated movie, as though reliving the premiere in Hollywood the night Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs came out. Every night would showcase a different movie of Disney’s first few animated features of the 1930s and 40s, such as SWATSD, Pinocchio, Dumbo, etc. The spotlights around the theater would light up in the evening, and big Hollywood movie stars would drive around the Circle in their luxurious 1930s cars and walk into the theater as the paparazzi take pictures of them with their unwieldy cameras. The lights in the lobby would dim when the show’s about to start, and so on.

That’s what I would have done with the Carthay Circle Theater. What would you do? Make it a theater, a restaurant a new ride? Share our thoughts and details.

• Banned User

Re: If you were in charge of the Carthay Circle Theatre Project...

I voted for a Lobby and a theatre that runs Disney Classic Shorts all day long, it would be a nice place to cool down in the summer, while watching our favorite Disney Shorts. maybe sometimes, they can even run a full length feature, like snow white and make it a big deal with searchlights and what not...other than the Grand Californian Lobby, I dont know where else they play the animated shorts I grew up watching, even then its for kids, so Im not gonna go sit with kids and laugh like a creepy wierdo..LOL

The animated shorts are the reason for the Parks in the first place, it would also be a great way to familiarize the current and future generations with the characters. Or the way the Disney Channel used to be, before all the garbage they play now

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I've got to say I like the idea of using as the entrance to the great movie (using the Play House Disney Theater as place where the ride is) but that' not going to happen.

So I guess A nice Restaurant makes the most money and allows a new Club 33 member ship....really no one loses.

• Future Imagineer

I voted for a lobby with cartoons. Because it's called Carthay Circle Theatre. So it should be showing some sort of films. But I also think it would be nice to have a Blue Sky Cellar/ One Man's Dream combination that would show Walt's legacy and how he kept wanting the parks to grow. I think that would be a great tribute to him.

• Banned User

watch they'll turn it into "John Lasseters dream" and show How the imagination-less pixar attractions came to be LOL!!! JK
    I love Pixar, please no one yell at me, its a joke

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    I voted for a lobby with cartoons. Because it's called Carthay Circle Theatre. So it should be showing some sort of films. But I also think it would be nice to have a Blue Sky Cellar/ One Man's Dream combination that would show Walt's legacy and how he kept wanting the parks to grow. I think that would be a great tribute to him.
    I hope one day they put a movie about Walt in a Q for one of the Hollywoodland rides one day.....I really like the Muppets Q cause you get to lay down and rest before the show

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    watch they'll turn it into "John Lasseters dream" and show How the imagination-less pixar attractions came to be LOL!!! JK
    I love Pixar, please no one yell at me, its a joke
    That's great. He could start by saying how much more money Paul Pressler got in his paycheck by putting in a bug's land and not something worthwhile.

• The Original Disney Doll

I said Philharmagic. If they are going to call it a theatre then they oughta, ya know, maybe put a theatre show in it. I know some people don't like dups but this is a great show and I don't have a problem with having this one on both coasts. I'd rather have this then just showing cartoon shorts, that's a little too similar to what is on Main St. already.

Screen a film either at all times, or do a special "premiere" type show every night. To not have this be movie themed would be a huge mistake.

• Banned User

I like the concept art that shows the searchlights, maybe every night they could show a disney classic film and make it like a Premier Event like the way they did back in the day during the golden age of Hollywood, maybe have a sit-down dinner area--a low key alternative to WOC

Disney Films, or all films for that matter, are so much different on the big screen, they could even play old movies (alternating between animation and live action) and play Treasure Island, or Swiss Family, the Journey of Natty Gann, Old Yeller, 20,000 leagues etc...

I really hope they make it a theatre as its name implies...Blue Sky, to me, is fine where it is--we'll have to wait and see

• Artistic integrity

My vote - Museum/Walt Disney Story

It wasn't started "all by a mouse" .. It was all started by a man named Walt Disney!

And so therefore ... the Carthay should be a monument to Walt.

I'm voting against any large scale 3D venue ... the DLR already has plenty! (Captain EO, Bugs, Muppets).

And I'm voting against a ride .. as there is no room for one! Duh ;D

Unless you demolish the "It's tough to be a bug" complex .. which sits directly behind the coming Carthay building ... you really don't have many options for anything large scale - be it a Great Movie Ride, or similar.

• Minion

I would love for the CCT to include 2 things:

The proposed One Man's Dream exhibit that jets out from the lobby
    and
    The premiere night style showings of classic Disney films.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, the entry area should very much have the old classic entry to the Carthay Circle, and as you enter the building, it should have the old old fashion ornate movie theater lobby, as a loading area for . . . . .

anOmni-movie-mover dark ride mostly in black and white with scenes and cartoons (Oswald, Alice Comedies, Mickey Mouse, skeleton dance, from the 1920's), and included Walt's westward train trip to California. Do this in the style of the old "If you had wings attraction" that WDW used to have.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yes, the entry area should very much have the old classic entry to the Carthay Circle, and as you enter the building, it should have the old old fashion ornate movie theater lobby, as a loading area for . . . . .

anOmni-movie-mover dark ride mostly in black and white with scenes and cartoons (Oswald, Alice Comedies, Mickey Mouse, skeleton dance, from the 1920's), and included Walt's westward train trip to California. Do this in the style of the old "If you had wings attraction" that WDW used to have.
    That would be epic.

Like the idea of the lobby and the shorts, but aside from seating, how would it differ from the Main Street Cinema and how would crowds be managed?

I LOVE the idea of a movie screening for say, Snow White, Bambi, Fantasia, Pinocchio, something like that in the evenings, but I would suggest a FastPass style ticketing system for that to make it more special.

To see the theater and its lobby recreated? That would be awesome all by itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast