• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Why you shouldnt write trip reports on hour 30+ of being awake....

WARNING: MOSTLY NONSENSICAL RAMBLING OF A CRAZY GIRL but hey if you are desperate for something to procrastinate with......(I'll probably regret this post wheni'm awake...lol)

It was 8:30am when I left my home. The little ticket they give at the parking lot was stamped 09:20003/29/11. It is now about 2am and I got home around maybe an hour ago. I have now been up for about ummm 29 hours? siince my last hour or so nappy time so ummm yeah HI!

Don't worry, I won't hurt you
    I only want you to have some fun
    I was dreamin' when I wrote this
    Forgive me if it goes astray

Once parked in the Woody section I got in the short line for the shuttle bus, holding a strangers stroller on the bus (the kid was adorable and still working on waking up hehe). Made me feel useful. The short journey from the lot to the esplanade went quickly while I talked to the mom of the adorable baby.

The bag check line was quite long. Once through I headed over to Disneyland turnstiles and moseyed on down the street. I grabbed myself a fast pass for Space mt and just kind of wandered around. As I said I've been up a long time and well my nickname is Dory for a reason so it's all kinda blurry but at some point so we'll just keep swimming mmmkay? I know I did Haunted Mansion and used the Hungry bear restroom to remove my thermal shirt since it got a little too warm and checked the store back in the corner over there to see if they happened to have the mint fudge since I had decided I was going to buy myself a treat today. (ummm yesterday? Whatever. It's not tomorrow til the fat lady sings...i mean until one goes to bed....or something.....ummm HI!) it was still early in the day...the resturant had yet to open for the day.

Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

I spent quite some time watching two little girls all bibbity bopitity boo doo'd out dancing together to the Jazz band who were tossing beed necklaces....the way you get those in the real new orleans is a bit more interesting than how you earn them in the disneyfied new orleans (hey dont blame me it IS spring break after all!) Those guys must have really deep pockets because they sure kept pulling necklace after necklace after neckless after neckless....you get the point....out of their pants pockets and slinging them at passersby (mostly the youngin's).

I'm stepping through the door
    And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
    And the stars look very different today
    For here
    Am I sitting in a tin can
    Far above the world
    Planet earth is blue
    And there's nothing I can do

I'm not sure if I did anything else over in the original D before I made the trek across to the construction adventure. That bob the builder ride sure does look fun but I can never seem to find here the entrance is for it!

When superstars and cannonballs are running through your head
    And television freak show cops and robbers everywhere
    Subway makes me nervous, people pushing me too far
    I've got to break away
    So take my hand now
    Cause I want to live like animals
    Careless and free like animals

Well as soon as I'd gotten over there I was out of breath and sat down under the bridge for a minute to pull out the friendly inhaler or another bottle of flavored water. And who should I see walk right past me snapping away with his cam? A FISHY! Not just any fishy of course. And no it wasn't Nemo. Dory here wouldn't know nemo if he bit her! I said the “HEY I KNOW YOU!” and got a very kind greeting of course before he went on to finish his rounds and I headed whereever I ended up heading.
    I think I headed over to hollywoodland. I'd just missed the pixar pals thing. I went into the animation building and watched the looop and talked to one of the cm's until it was time for turtle talk. I love turtle talk. According to the cm he said he timed the loop at 27 and a half minutes I think.

I think after that I wandered around a bit looking at marvolous details, people watching, trying to remember my name, drinking bottle after bottle of flavored water, trying to remember toes go first.....

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
    So sue me if I go too fast
    But life is just a party, and parties weren't meant to last

Well eventually I ended up on monsters inc which I timed just right so that as soon as I got off the next pals was starting not far. It was the monsters inc show..i'd never really seen it beyond watching them march past so I stood and watched the little silly thing they did.
    Now I don't have many pictures in this here report because pretty much every photo I take comes out looking about like this:

Lovely right?

Well after that I eventually worked my way back to my favorite ride of course. I can't miss a chance to go on TSMM! DUH!

From there I single rider lined screamin' before heading back up that dang hill. Mr. Potato Head was behind the curtain the entire time I was in the area. While I was in front of him there were a couple of techs poking their heads behind the curtain and I asked if potato would be back today and he said “Yes we're about to get him open in just a minute” Well the line was about 50 minutes. That was near the start of that time. When I got off the ride he was still sleeping. When I got off of the coaster I looked over and could see he was still sleeeeeeeeeppping. Wow it just dawned on me that Mr. Potato Head gets more sleep during his work day than I do at all maybe I should get a job as a ride barker!
    But anyways back to my tail....no matter how fast I spin I just cannot seem to catch it but boy it sure is a shorter line than that tea party people are so mad about.
    So anyways I eventually got myself a corn tortilla and some bread. The bread lady was generous...three nummy pieces.
    I spent some time in the cellar and then mosied on through the land of bugs and just happened to end up at the hyperion just as they were last calling for the show...i think this was the 2:20 show. I figured hey what the heck! And I didn't even have to go UP! I didn't grab the greatest seat...the theater wasn't all that full. I dont think they used the upper levels at all for that showing. But the seat I grabbed was under the balcony and pretty much my LEAST favorite area to sit. Being alone I probably could have manged to find a single seat some where down in the orchastra but I didn't feel like searching and the row I was in only had two people way at the other end of it.
    Now of coursei didn't receive a single call or text message all day until I sat down for the show. I had my phone on vibrate for the show but that dang thing went off a dozen times between texts from my next door neighbor, my mom, twitter, and a random spam. Now I hate people who text during shows but I did have to give 2 brief answers. to my neighbor(she's a good friend who worries...) and to mom (never ignore your momma!) or I would have gotten even more texts. So I had to send the “at dl..i'll txt ina bit” so they'd wait til I wasn't busy...no I couldn't just turn my phone off because it don't very easily turn back on once the stupid thing is powered off. Usually requires being plugged into an outlet to get to power back up.
    ….and i'maramblingagainooopsydaisy....

People tell me that I feel too much
    Oh no cause I don't care, no I just don't care anymore
    As I ride this train

sooo anyways....at some point... I think it was before I rode tsmm i'd single ridered grizzly. I come prepared and tho ppl laugh or think i'm crazy I dont' care my phone and ipod and “mini brain” (the little memo pad I stick in my pocket) safely go into one of the ziplock baggies I keep in my bag before I get on anything with a chance of causing water damage.
    Before leaving DCA I single ridered soarin'

I considered going back over to TSMM but the thought of having to get back up the hill again made me decide once was enough for today. So I headed back across the way. My lungs just didn't like the idea! I'd already resorted to the inhalor once and would a second time later that day...dunno whats up with that since I dont usually have that hard a time with my breathing.
    So annnnnyyyywaaaaays.....
    I saw there was no wait at city hall so I popped in there. Earlier in the day I had looked for farley the fiddler but hadn't managed to catch him and the leather shop was continously busy anytime I was over in the area and the cm in the store near by didn't know if he was performing that day or not. I hadn't seem him play in quite a few trips so I decided I might as well ask in city hall while I was right there what his schedule was...if he was there today/what days he is there. The girl looked it up and wrote down what the remainder of the times farley would be out that day after telling me they didn't have an advance schedule so she didn't know what days he was there. Well he had two more half hour sets left but I had another 45 minutes or so before the next one was so I went and used my space fast pass. I dont quite remember where I went from there...i think I might of rode buzz? But that might have been later. Well eventually I worked my way over into the frontier. I checked the thunder wait and saw there were still fast passes available to grabbed myself one. I then planted myself on a bench and finally got around to properly responding to the texts i'd received earlier. I told my silly mom that I was waiting for farley the fiddler (she's a fan of his as well from the old day at disneyland videos with him singing turkey in the straw and his silly jokes are just her style). Well her resposne was “I wish I were there too! Kiss farley for me!!!” well by this time it was about 8 or 9 minutes past the time he was scheduled to be out so I told her “if he shows up, he was supposed to be out at 4:30”. so my mom responded to that “Oh that farley!! always late! His mama told him but he just didn't mind her!!! she should smack that boy!!!”
    Well before I even had a chance to respond to that here came the fiddler. I showed him the txt about giving him a kiss. He thought that amusing and said “right here!” pointing his cheek. So I kissed my fingers and touched them to his cheek. “Momma's gonna be jealous!” He said well what does your mom want to hear give her a call?” I said she wouldn't be able to hear you she's got 7 yr old twins at home with her. He laughed and agreed she'd not be able to hear.
    I don't have a recent pic with farley but here's one of my whole family two years ago with him. The twins were quite impressed to meet a celeb (they'd seen him on the day at disneyland video).

Well I stood around and watched his whole set. Hehelped a few different people who happened to come out of the store holding a brand new copy of hidden mickeys find the one inside the store he plays right outside of. Told his silly jokes, played songs...yanno the normal farley stuff. There wasn't a lot of people hanging around this time. There was a little kid with his parents who he had a conversation about cowboys and explained to him each part of his outfit and sang famer and the dell or whatever it's call. (hey it's after 4am right now and iv'e been up for so long I can't do the math to count the hours so yanno the song...oink oink oink. Moo moo moo)....
    well I talked to him a bit and asked him how many years he'd been there now. He started there in 1986 but only has a 15 yr pin because of a hiatus he took. Can you imagine how many times he's sung turkey in the straw or how many times he's told the joke about not being a teacher anymore cuz he couldn't control his pupils? I would guess about a gazillion million.
    So on to other ramblings!....he told me he had one more set that day and the days he generally works. Never on sunday. Usually during the week but it varied and the leather shop always had the schedule and that he was taking some vacation time in the next few weeks. Said if I didn't have any other plans feel free to come back at 5;30 for his last set of the day. I said I might.
    So I wondered off and checked at the info board what time hungry bear closed...i was considering trying that blueberry pie but was planning on eating dinner first and wasn't quite ready to eat just yet. She didn't have that info so gave the restaurant a call and they said 9pm. I thanked her and wondered off. Decided to single rider indy. Well that was interesting. All was fine until we got to the point just before the stairs where normally the single riders go over to the elevator. We were told the eleveator was out of service at the moment. We had to go up the stairs. Okay. Then antoehr cast member came over and started to grab the single riders to send us in the elevator unaware of the “situation”. There was a brief exchange between the cms not meant to be heard by guests but was. “Who poops in an elevator?! Gross!” It was discovered apparently when one of the cms started to head into the elevator a few moments before apparently. The other cm opened the elevator and the smell was unmistakable. So we took the stairs. I caught a whiff again crossing over the top. Due to the situation all us single riders in the group ended up in the same car. On my way out back over the bridge to exit it appeared they were still taking the single riders over the bridge but with a cm standing at the end of the Singles section of the line to mark where they were.
    Well as I mentioned earlier my breathing wasn't so good and by the time I managed get all the way out of the temple/path and past the endless crowd right there and not be in the way I was about dead...digging the inhalor out of my backpack as I continued to move...sometimes theres no choice but to keep moving...move or get run down. I found my way around and ended up sitting a while on a bench outside stage door. I discovered then that I only had 1 bottle left of the 7 or 8 i'd put in my backpack that morning. Eeek. No wonder i'd had to visit multple potties! I usually only end up using a dl potty once...possibly twice the entire day even if i'm there from opening to close. Tmi? Too bad.
    So I went inside right there and ordered a large sprite. I'm sure I said sprite. They gave me a fanta. I didn't complain. I like fanta just fine so I just took it without comment.
    Farley had walked by just before i'd decided to buy the soda. He said something...i dont remember exactly what “it's that girl again” or some such. While I was waiting for my soda to be filled a woman came in asking if they had a map with the times for the parades and such. I happened to have one of the time scheuldes in my hand and had extras (I always grab 2 or three and stick them in seperate pockets for easy to find and easy to share). I handed it to the woman. She didn't really get any info from the cms and just kinda wandered right outside and was staring with a look of bewilderment at the two sided paper when I came out toward the straws. She wanted to know what time the parade was. I told her that they currently don't have a parade, that they would have a brand new parade this summer. She thanked me and said she would have been looking all over for the parade cuz she thought they always had one. She asked if they had “fireworks or shows or something...what are all those people waiting for?” so I showered her the times for F! And R..DCT And pointed out there was also the show on small world too. She was very greatful and went off to find her family to see what they wanted to do and ii wandered on back over to farley's porch.
    There was an older couple pushing an even older couple (I believe the older couple were his parents...the couple in the wheel chair were both proably at least 90 and had reached the re-innocence stage of life and the woman was very much enjoying farley's old classics and singing along while the man didn't seem quite in the moment. They posed each with farley and then were asking him about where he got his scarf and such all the while the old woman grinning her huge toothless grin just thrilled to be near a good old fashion fiddler. It was quite sweet watching how happy she seemed to be. Shows that disneyland is for ALL ages.
    Then there was another older couple, the husband of which was quite hard of hearing but quite enjoying telling farley some off-color jokes that farley of course being a model disney cm listened to and politily but quickly steered the subject with much more appropriate sillyness. The man kept coming back and poor farley had a very difficult time getting out of there. He was ever so patient but I could tell he was more than ready to be out of there. His shift was done and he was ready to head home.

I ride this train
    But I need a conversation
    Mozambique or was it Veronique?
    How about you pick the subject
    and I'll listen to you

From there I think I ended up over at buzz. Frustratingly the ride stopped RIGHT BEFORE I got on. As in if the ride had moved one more foot I would have at least been able to be sitting during the quite long stop of the ride. I could see of course the cm doing the loading with the phone, the one down at the corner where the vehicle closes, and if I leaned I could see the other one down by yhe handicap access. This stop lasted at least 3 or 4 minutes. Doesn't sound like much but when you are this ____ close to being able to sit down it's an eternity! Now of course once it started movoing and I was on it moved full speed ahead the entire runthrough...seemed faster than normal even as if trying to make up the time.
    I'm not a good shot at all. Not with a camera as we discussed earlier nor with a lazer gun

well from there I headed over to plaza inn and got myself a child's maranara pasta whih comes with a little baggie of apples and a baggie of carrots and half a breadstick. I don't like carrots so they substituted a second half of a breadstick. I also ordered a second full breadstick ($2.19 is pretty expensive for a single breadstick but whatever I really like them). I also got myself a glass of sprite.
    There happsn to be a small table near the door to the patio an there was a single chair there. Since I was alone I took that table..leaving the bigger tables with more chairs to the gorups that actually had more than a single person. As luck would have it I lookeddown and there was a outlet right there so I siezed the opportunity and pulled out the phone charger i'd tossed in my backpack jjust in case such an opportunity arose.
    Well after eating I decded I might as well take one more spin on buzz since the wait was only about 15 minutes and right there and I was just kind of passing the time since I wanted to see fantasmic but didnt want to go sit there just yet since I was planning to see it not from the main viewing area but from critter.
    The second time I got a bit better score. We didn't stop during the ride but it did slow down a bit...tho not anywhere very useful for my score.

from there I headed toward the general frontier area and thought about taking the train around starting in nos but they said they wouldn't be loading the train until after 8 or something so ended up on haunted and there was no real line. I was inside within two minutes. There was an older man who was doing the same thing as me...no train? Okay i'll do haunted! I made a comment 'this is the kind of line I like about now” not being in the mood to go through the switchback for that ride. He said but it took away the opportunity to get to know people and then continued talking. He's an ap who happens to be a retired clown who spent several years as ronald mcdonald. He flipped open his wallet showing me two pictures. Him as a clown..said he'd worked with ringling bros and circus circus and had worked at disneyland many years ago and also showed me a picture of himself as ronald mcdonald saying he had done some commercials. He DID look familiar to me...before he showed me the pic he looked familiar. Seeing the picture of an obviously younger version of himself as ronald looked REALLY familiar. We talked throughout the line and ended up riding together and talked during the ride...mostly about the ride. We then ended up heading over to pooh and pointed out a hidden mickey i'd seen before and one I had forgotten about. I had deiced I would get some beinets and then head over to the quite hungry bear to watch the F! Techs. I invited him to join me. He'd never heard of beinets...or whatever their called/spelled. I ended up getting myself a mint julep as well as the three mickey beinets. Oh man are those things good! Powered sugar overload...omg maybe that's why i'm so hyper?!
    I shared a couple of bites with him and we talked while the fireworks were going...both of us of course knowning exactly what partswe were seingover the trees despite not being able to hear the music from there. He was quite tired so decided not to stay for fantasmic and headed home. I watched F! From the unique vantage point and then headed over to watch it from in front of the control booth for the second show. Quite frustratingly tho Murphy was a no show. Croc was a no show. Of course pinochoi was a no show. I asked the line of cm's after the show if murphy worked the first show and they said yes he showed and the fire effect even worked...so no one I spoke to was sure what happened between the 9 and 10 shows. Oh well. I was more disappointed for the family who'd never seen the show but had heard about the dragon. They still enjoyed the show...not truly knowing what they were missing and said they were glad they decided to sit it out and wait after having been on the fence about sitting on the cold ground that long for it.

You're the only good thing when all is wrong
    You're a magic time reversal clock
    You're the fries on the side with a cherry on top
    You're sleek, velvet, gold lame
    Patent leather, enchante
    You're a legend, you're a glamour queen
    God I'm running out of words but you know what I mean
    Disneyland throws the word “magic” around a lot but yanno it really is magic there! I have several examples from today alone. Disneyland fixed my car! The stupid check engine light has been on for quite some time now. It was on all the way there. But when I left the park tonight it was gone. Even the parking lot has magical powers!
    My phone has also beenn having many many issues. It freezes up, shuts down randomly, does not keep its charge, etc etc. Well I had a nice child's maranera penne with an extra bread stick at Plaza Inn and the table I was sitting at just happened to have an electrical outlet right there. I took the opportunity to pull the charger for my phone out of my backpack and plug it in while I ate. I wanted to make sure it was charged enough so if on the way home I some how got into some problems (car break down, accidnet, get lost...) I'd have a phone with enough charge left in it to make a call for help so I took the opportunity I saw and let the phone get that extra bit of power while I ate my meal. Well it didn't shut off, freeze up, or even come close to dying the rest of the night despite multiple texts from my mom. In fact it's still got all four lines on the battery.
    Disneyland fixed my mood. Depression sucks big time. I know far too well! But I didn't feel depressed today.
    Disneyland even fixed my body...sorta. I'm sore of course i'm always sore from disneyland. I get misterably achey sore just from a run to the store but I actually hurt less than I did before I went right now. I know tomorrow i'll probably feel like total crap physically but take it one moment at a time and my headache is gone thats been lingering for what feels like ever. My back hurts of course...disneyland is a lot of things my doc woudn't exactly recommend. But my back isnt as bad as it was and my fingers are working....now I know this all may also have something to do with the medication too that I started within the last couple weeks for whats “most likely fibromyalgia”. But lets just stick to the point here mmmkay? Disneyland fixed it! ya. So what if I live in fantasyland. There's some pretty cool things to do there!

It may be quite simple but now that it's done
    I hope you don't mind
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Why you shouldnt write trip reports on hour 30+ of being awake....

I read, and enjoyed every single word.

You my girl are definitely "Hyper over Disneyland", and who says that's a bad thing? Definitely not me. Thanks for the report. I myself needed to escape to the Happiest Place on Earth this morning, and you helped me do that with your report.

Thanks for you kind words. I'm glad you were able to escape through my post. Wish I could have gotten some better pictures. My brother got the picture taking skills not me but we don't have a fairy godmother to buy him a ap so i have no one to shove my cam into the hands of for purty pics ...if he could just get a job or win the lottery, or some magical rich ssecret admirer could make an ap appear....okay now i really am dreaming

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh Blue you are such a crazy girl! I was wondering how your day at the park when and here's a trip report to let me know!! Now, aren't you glad we talked you into going?! I know I am, even though I wish it was me that had been there! Thanks for the report!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Yes I'm glad you talked me into going of course. My wallet is a little less glad but the wallet can go bite itself

FB, Twitter

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Sounds like a pretty good trip. I need to park at DL, because my low tire pressure light is on...or I could just put air in my tires

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

Wow, that was a wild ride. Nice trip report!
    - Bobd

• I'm not really here

Awesome report You have made my morning great.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Disneyland is always a great fix. I am trying to get there ASAP! And a great no phone day too I hope you got some sleep though!

Thanks for the comments. I have slept now and am a little too afraid to read my above post

FB, Twitter