Small World OK for Fireworks viewing?

I tried conducting a search here but I get what we call on the Mac a "spinning Ball" for ages and ages...so I pose the question:

What's the vantage point like for fireworks (50th celebration) in the Small World area?

I did read early on that the hub area is the very best because of castle projections. However a friend has informed me they saw projections ON Small World. Anyone recommend Small World area as a good alternative the madness of the hub? Do you miss some Matterhorn projections also or do they project onto multiple sides?!

I am NOT wanting to stake-out for too long before the show.
    Last edited by Mousing Around; 11-27-2005 at 09:19 PM.

• Minion

Re: Small World OK for Fireworks viewing?

I would HIGHLY reccomend It's a Small World as a place to view the fireworks. Especially because you specified you do not want to claim your spot a long time before it starts. The fireworks are much closer from that location, and yes there are lovely projections on the Small World facade. At one time at least, there has also been added pyro on the facade as well- like what they do around the castle- but it has been on and off lately. (Otherwise, the fireworks coming from directly behind the castle is distracting from Small World; the audience is prone to look behind them with all those flashes going on.) Still, it's my favorite spot for R...DCT.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

On Thanksgiving eve, it was totally PACKED, so much so we decided to leave the park.

We watched it from iaswh the next day, Thanksgiving. While the projections are cool, you miss the Hub effects, TInkerbell, and some of the other fireworks. I would not recommend it to someone seeing the show for the first time. It is a nice change of pace for a regular visitor.

Also, the snow does not go off in front of iaswh, but they do offer it on the main path starting at the point where it becomes a Y (Toontown or iaswh).

My favorite spot right now is standing on Main Street near the Penny Arcade. Usually you can get a spot with only about a half hour wait. The snow on Main Street is much better due to the lighting they can do there.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Someone mentioned Tinkerbell IS highly viewable from Small World...is that right?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    Someone mentioned Tinkerbell IS highly viewable from Small World...is that right?
    Not really.

I watched it from IASW once and agree with Darkbeer. For a first timer it's bad, definitely watch it from the hub.

• Stargazer

Tinkerbelle can be viewed really well when she first leaves Matterhorn.

As for Small World. It depends on your preference.

I find the Small World visuals to be a lot better than the Castle, however you can't see the battle between Matterhorn and the Castle. They're also still working on moving like the flame throwers and the spinners over so you can have the same experience. The fireworks over Small World aren't that great either, I find them better at the Castle. Again, it's preference. If you're looking for a great visual on the actual building, I'd suggest Small World.

If you're looking for full immersion right now as well as better fireworks, stay with the Castle.
    Dreaming it up is half the task

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I grabbed a table at the Plaza Inn on Veterans Day (the day they closed the gates temporarily due to capacity)
    We got there around 8:30 for dessert and coffee, and decided to stay for the fireworks since the Hub is always soooooooo crowded. The fireworks were awesome from this vantage point and we didn't have to deal with the crowds that were squeezed into the Hub. Couldn't see the projections on the Castle that well, but it was a small trade-off considering we were enjoying dessert and coffee, instead of dealing with crowds (and kids on peoples shoulders LOL)
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• The Fantasyland guy

everytime I have broght someone to see the fireworks, I always showed them the small world first. This way they are totally blown away when I take thtem to see it from main street.

I found that if I take new commers to mainstreet first, the small world show is not as good. (as to with my way, they like both shows.)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you right in front of the iasw facade, you cannot see Tinkerbelle, as the old Light Magic Platform blocks your view, also for many folks standing/sitting on the platform, the view behind you is also blocked.

If you want to see Tink, you need to stand on the Parade Route before it makes the turn to the right and the gate. But then you don't have as good of a view of the facade, and some of the fireworks are blocked by the trees on the west side of the parade route.

Go to Main Street, and stand on the street near the Penny Arcade, especially during the Christmas season.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Stargazer

Yea, unfortunatly if you stand in the main hub over by Ariel's Grotto you can see Tinkerbelle waiting in the trees for her next part in the show. It's a bit of a buzz kill.

Of course, I'm use to looking for that sort of stuff being at techie, maybe it's just me.

I am loving all of this information. We were planning on going to the hub. However, we have a slightly timid 4 year old. She LOVES fireworks but hates loud noises. There is my problem. Where would be the best place for her?
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Stargazer

It depends on how much you want to see. If you want to see fireworks and one of the building shows, it'd be Small World because its impossible to see the show on the castle from the main hub without having the loud fireworks. The fireworks for Small World are off to the side and further back, so it's easier to watch without hurting your ears.

If you just want to see better fireworks, theres the sitting area right in front of the Matterhorn entrance. If you can find a good spot to actually see the fireworks it's close but not painfully so.

I know it's depressing that I can say this, but since I've been raised on Disney fireworks, and now I have a friend who insists on going and seeing them every Friday, I've had a chance to explore a lot of possibilities.