Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lurker No More!

MickeyTron Lunacy

Last October we went to Disneyland for Mickey's Halloween Party wearing homemade, lighted MickeyTron costumes. We took tons of photos and videos and in this trip report I promised to share all this spring. And now seeing as April Fool's Day is upon us and Tron: Legacy will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD in just a few days I figure now is the perfect time.

I have three things to share with you: video of our two nights of fun in costume at Disneyland, a how-to/making-of video that gives you a look into what went into making these electroluminescent costumes, and a few photos. Enjoy!

MickeyTron Lunacy

Making-Of MickeyTron Lunacy Lighted Costumes

Tron: Legacy Posters Parodies

A Few Favorite Photos of Our Costumed Nights in Disneyland

I know the Halloween Party in Disneyland was controversial to some. But I have to say those were two of the most fun and magical nights we've ever had in the park and we look forward to many more awesome Disneyland Halloweens!

You can see tons more photos and get more information about the project on my personal web site ABOMIBOT.com.
    ABOMIBOT
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Personal Site ABOMIBOT.com | Professional Site Playhead.com | Follow My Tweets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: MickeyTron Lunacy

I love it!

• Minion

Hey, I remember seeing you guys at the Oct. 26th party. Great costumes.

• Lurker No More!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Hey, I remember seeing you guys at the Oct. 26th party. Great costumes.
    That's so awesome Diznygrl thanks!
    ABOMIBOT

• Minion

grate costume
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Greetings, Program!

2 cool
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Always Dreaming

I think I saw you guys from a distance when I went.
    Awesome light work though, I wish I had the ability to do that!
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• I Can Show You the World

Those costumes are so cool! Just curious, what did all that gear end up costing? (you cut the video clip of you ordering it online before we could see the total, hehehe)

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Wow great job. I remember the trip report and glad to see these videos. So awesome.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Lurker No More!

Thanks for the kind comments, folks!

We got our EL-Wire at coolneon.com and those wondering about cost can do your own legwork on that one. I would caution the greatest investment, however, is that of time. But we knew what we were getting into and we had a blast working over many weekends and enjoyed it like a hobby.

This isn't the first time we've done this, by the way. In 2008 we took our nephew and our best friend to WDW for Halloween and the four of us had EL-Wire costumes similar to these. Although they were cruder, not as sturdy and used less wire. You can read about that in this trip report.
    ABOMIBOT

• Not on the Jedi Council

Awesome work, and the video was perfect! Long enough to be funny, but not too long.

• DLR Enthusiast

Awesome pics and video!
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• AP holder 400 miles away

you sir are overflowing with epicness. i love the costumes!

• Lurker No More!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_sub View Post
    you sir are overflowing with epicness
    ^This might just be the coolest thing anyone ever said to me.

Thanks everybody I'm having a great time reading your comments!
    ABOMIBOT

• Lurker No More!

Here's a comparison between the original poster image of Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde versus our recreation... with liberties taken, of course.

ABOMIBOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast