Thread: audio engineer

audio engineer

I am looking in to becoming an audio engineer and was wondering if you could become a imagineer doing that and what someone like that would have to do. Because I really want to design stuff for the parks that has to do with music and sound. Any help is welcome.

Re: audio engineer

There are many people employed by Imagineering in the Audio/Video engineering department who design and program the audio and video systems - both Blue badges (WDI full time employees) and Green badges (hired contractors). If you want to design these systems, this is the job for you!

WDI also employs recording engineers who oversee the capturing of effects and music for attractions, and they also oversee the "field mix" process, where all of the music and sound effects are programmed into the attraction. Here, final edits are made and sound levels are set.

If the conception and creation of these sound effects and musical arrangements are what interest you, Media Designers oversee this process. Media Designers are very similar to Sound Designers who work in theater, film, television, radio, and video games.

Imagineering happens to offer a single internship every year for undergraduate college students - this can sometimes lead to a full time job in the A/V Engineering department.

Entertainment and operations also employ audio mixers and engineers who mix the live performances and perform maintenance on park systems.

Re: audio engineer

Thank you that helps a lot. Recording engineer sounds like what i would like to do. Do you know if there is someone i can contact to find out more info?