Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Cast Member

Talking Comming Soon The Disneyland Job Cart!

Well the job fairs didn't work. And the standees at the cash registers didn't bring in new hires. So now there is a Disneyland Jobs Cart on stage in front of The World of Disney! The cart has a sign on it that reads, Disneyland Jobs - Now hiring! Oh boy I can hardly wait for this to open. I predict that this will be bigger than pin trading. Imagine the lines! I hope it has Fast Pass. I can see it now, your walking thru DTD when a guy at a cart says, "Pss. Hey buddy, want a job at the Happiest Place on Earth? I'll give you $100 if you last til January!" And this fits in so well with the Disney Visa and Vacation Club Carts. Lets see I can get a job, A free tote bag or $10 Disneyland Gift card at the Visa cart. Then if I go to the DVC cart I can get a $50 gift card for attending the presentation on time shares! Wow I haven't even got to the security check and I've gotten a new job and $160! This is way better than a trip to Universal Studios!
    Last edited by Disnerd; 11-27-2005 at 11:52 PM.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: Comming Soon The Disneyland Job Cart!

LOLOL... too funny!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

hahahaha.

Disney needs to just throw in the towel and up the wages and make the darn place a bit more attractive to job hunters.

I think I might apply when I go down later this month. Sure, I live 2.5 hours away, but if I can work a couple weekends and then quit- well, it'll be worth it for that snazzy CM badge!

..and maybe I can just snag myself a nice CM costume

Just kidding

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Infinitized!

Watch out! This guy will be in the lineup in disguise:

• insufferable know-it-all

If one could actually get a weekend job that was just weekends (eg: would work around my day job), I'd consider it for a couple months, to increase my income. But they want to be your #1 priority for barely above minimum wage. Forget it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    If one could actually get a weekend job that was just weekends (eg: would work around my day job), I'd consider it for a couple months, to increase my income. But they want to be your #1 priority for barely above minimum wage. Forget it.
    You'll also have to put up with pre-teen level drama from people in their 30's and 40's. I've seen people make up lies about new hires just to get them removed from their "trial" period so the people wouldn't lose their valuable hours/money.

And yea, if you say you can only work weekends you won't even get past the interviews.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Don't forget about all the other restrictions, hair, piercings, tattoos. I know a couple of people who don't work there simply because they don't want to shave (both of them male ).
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman
    Don't forget about all the other restrictions, hair, piercings, tattoos. I know a couple of people who don't work there simply because they don't want to shave (both of them male ).
    If both of them where female, I would say it might be even more of a problem...
    Check out my other blog:

• Captain Hooks 2nd Mate...

hmmm, Job Cart, eh???

do i get a 50th Anniversary tote if i apply, like the ones they give out when you apply for the Disney Visa or inquire about Vacation Club
    least reputation points on MiceChat!!!

• Rainicorn.

I would work at Disneyland in a heartbeat if I had a car... and if they offered me more money.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• that's right!

I'd love to work there over summer if I lived closer. I'm about an hour away, though, so it's hardly feasible. Even though they don't pay very well I'd try to be something exciting like a Storybookland guide or Splash Mountain CM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    Well the job fairs didn't work. And the standees at the cash registers didn't bring in new hires. So now there is a Disneyland Jobs Cart on stage in front of The World of Disney! The cart has a sign on it that reads, Disneyland Jobs - Now hiring! Oh boy I can hardly wait for this to open. I predict that this will be bigger than pin trading. Imagine the lines! I hope it has Fast Pass. I can see it now, your walking thru DTD when a guy at a cart says, "Pss. Hey buddy, want a job at the Happiest Place on Earth? I'll give you $100 if you last til January!" And this fits in so well with the Disney Visa and Vacation Club Carts. Lets see I can get a job, A free tote bag or $10 Disneyland Gift card at the Visa cart. Then if I go to the DVC cart I can get a $50 gift card for attending the presentation on time shares! Wow I haven't even got to the security check and I've gotten a new job and $160! This is way better than a trip to Universal Studios!

The solution to fill all Disney job vacancies: free churros for all CM's!

• Guardian Construct

If this keeps up disney will start getting and keeping employees the same way as the military. Disney boot camp and a 4 year minimum comitment. can you see them going to high schools just like the military trying to get kids to join to get the quota.

• Artsy Fartsy

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!!! Iv'e always wanted a job at DL. To bad I live in the Bay Area. My husbsnd always kidds with me and says I should move out there with my Dad (he lives in fullerton) and get the job of my dreams. Funny thing is.... I have truly considered it. It's just not going to happen.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast