Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Disneyland Announces tickets for POTC OST Premiere MAy 7th 2011 at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Like 80% of the things said were basically meeting celebs. I understand having idols and what not and that this country and many others are obsessive on what are just normal people. Maybe it's because I'm an actor and I meet celebs all the time, but I really don't find that at all special. They're a special less than 1% of the world but at the end of the day, you'll see they're nothing more different or less spectacular than a bum on the street who might actually be a nicer person. Once again, just sayin!

And been to a movie premiere and unless I'm one of the talents, I'd much rather be at Disneyland! :-D
    So.... You're a waiter then? Kidding.

Well, I'm not an actor. And I'm in the midwest... So something like this is completely unique to me, and it's well worth it. I'm not sure why you can't understand how some people would find this to be worth doing. Maybe it's not for you... Especially if you're in the business (which you certainly could have mentioned before now, if true). But they'll sell out the tickets, we'll have an incredibly fun night, and the Boys and Girls club will be millions richer. Seems to me a complete and total win for everyone involved.

And trying to put myself in your place... I think I'd STILL want to go. Where better for an actor to network... Meet new people in the industry... Hear about the history of hollywood like I did directly from Martin Landeau... Seems to me like a good place to be. Everyone I spoke to was certainly receptive, and plenty interested in conversation. I only saw one "jerk" celeb that night, and it was Janice Dickenson... Who I mentioned I had a bit of a run-in with. Other than her, everyone was great... From Hanz Zimmer to Tony Baxter to Marty Sklar.

And you say you'd rather be at Disneyland... You know that's where it is, right? They're even closing rides for the whole night just for us. And it's actually more rides than last time around. A few hours of complete walk-on's for a handful of the park's best E-tickets sounds as good (or better!) than an entire day with crowds at the park!

Can't wait to go again.

Re: Disneyland Announces tickets for POTC OST Premiere MAy 7th 2011 at Disneyland

Really BGC? They need to treat their employees better and then I will feel they are deserving of the money. The employees are the one that do all the hard work. At least I hope the money goes to purchasing better facilities and pay raises.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I am completely stoked! Nevermind the celebs, the movie, the swag....getting Disneyland practically to ourselves is worth the price of entry. Wonder if POTC will have some scavenger hunt overlay like last time!? What a blast!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Jeez for $1000, I'd better as heck get to meet Johnny Depp! I wish I could attend something like that. It's almost one of those "once in a lifetime" things where you can justify the amount of money spent by the sheer experience.
    Me too! JD's on the top of my list, followed by Alan Rickman (with whom I was in the same theater in London, but didn't know until afterwards) and Antonio Banderas (who I met in a Johnny Rockets). When they were filming POTC 3 in Redondo Beach, we drove up and missed Johnny by 45 minutes. Got to meet Pintel and Ragetti, and some random background pirates. Still a fun experience, despite no Johnny.

It seems like anytime I've gotten near a celeb, it's never been me seeking them out; it's pretty much been chance. Knowing my luck, I'd buy a ticket in hopes that I could get within a foot of Johnny Depp, yet somehow I'd never make it, lol.

If I had the money, and knew I wouldn't be able to see JD, I'd still go, as the experience sounds awesome from PPs, and the money goes to a good cause. Guess I'll just donate my time as a volunteer, and wait a few more weeks to see it with the regular scallywags.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    I am completely stoked! Nevermind the celebs, the movie, the swag....getting Disneyland practically to ourselves is worth the price of entry. Wonder if POTC will have some scavenger hunt overlay like last time!? What a blast!!
    Baller

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    Me too! JD's on the top of my list, followed by Alan Rickman (with whom I was in the same theater in London, but didn't know until afterwards) and Antonio Banderas (who I met in a Johnny Rockets). When they were filming POTC 3 in Redondo Beach, we drove up and missed Johnny by 45 minutes. Got to meet Pintel and Ragetti, and some random background pirates. Still a fun experience, despite no Johnny.

It seems like anytime I've gotten near a celeb, it's never been me seeking them out; it's pretty much been chance. Knowing my luck, I'd buy a ticket in hopes that I could get within a foot of Johnny Depp, yet somehow I'd never make it, lol.

If I had the money, and knew I wouldn't be able to see JD, I'd still go, as the experience sounds awesome from PPs, and the money goes to a good cause. Guess I'll just donate my time as a volunteer, and wait a few more weeks to see it with the regular scallywags.
    The closest I got to Johnny was being in the same room as him at Comic-Con 2 years ago with like thousands of other people. It's fun to know that he's roamed the grounds of Disneyland and that I quite possibly could have ridden in the same Pirates boat as he did. LOL I'm pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Baller
    Holy crap IT'S SWAB!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    WHOA!!!!!!!!!

That's MUCH faster than they sold out in 07. By a couple WEEKS.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buried20kleague View Post
    So.... You're a waiter then? Kidding.
    Haha, luckily no, I haven't fallen into that typical convention -- yet. And sure, it'd be a great place to meet many industry legends but I don't feel like that's the appropriate place to network. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't I wanna go around advertising myself like a product at a movie premiere, especially not if I'm paying to go there. But hey, I didn't know you got to have most of the parks to yourselves and I read something about a scavenger hunt?! See, you gotta mention these things up front because now it sounds more worth it lol

Movie, gift baskets, park to selves and a scavenger hunt. The first two didn't sell me, the last two would've. Now it's sold out. THANKS. THANKS ALOT lol jk

But I know, I'm weird. I've been offered to go to Club 33 and turned it down -- I don't know, I just find that type of elitism going on in Disneyland is just wrong. That's just me. Like I said, I'm weird haha

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

WoW that sold out quickly! Last premiere, if I remember, took just under 2weeks to sell out.
    Economy must not be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Either that or there sure are a lotta of us Disney geeks easily parted with our monies!! teehee.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

So on an absolute whim, we bought tickets for our family to go... yes, once in a lifetime event! We are really excited! One question for those of you who have been before. What can we expect? My wife wants to dress up in pirate outfits. Me? I'm more comfortable wearing a button up shirt with a pirate motif print on it. Will there be other guests dressed up? Are we all rushed in early? Regardless, it sounds like a great event!

Quote Originally Posted by techdesign View Post
    So on an absolute whim, we bought tickets for our family to go... yes, once in a lifetime event! We are really excited! One question for those of you who have been before. What can we expect? My wife wants to dress up in pirate outfits. Me? I'm more comfortable wearing a button up shirt with a pirate motif print on it. Will there be other guests dressed up? Are we all rushed in early? Regardless, it sounds like a great event!
    Congrats! You won't regret it.

Regarding dress, you'll see all kinds of things. You'll see people in head-to-toe pirate outfits, some people will be just sort of dressed up, and you'll even see some people who are just in shorts and a shirt (wha??). Personally, I wore khakis and a white shirt that had almost a shoelace sort of front that was sort of pirate-y. My wife just went with the "dressed up" look.

We weren't rushed in. We stood around out front for quite a while before walking the red carpet. But thruthfully, after doing it before, this time we're planning on being one of the first down the carpet. Last time we got inside the private event and didn't want to take the time to eat or anything because we wanted to see the celebs (who take their time getting down the carpet). By the end of the night we were STARVING. So the plan this time is to get in and get some food right away, then head back toward the entrace from the red carpet to the event itself, as all the celebs will pass through there. I wouldn't bother riding attractions before the movie... I'd wait till afterward to do that, as the place was deserted. We figure everything will easily be walk on till they shut the party down, which is a good couple hours after the movie is over.

Hope this helps. If you have any other specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by englishpauliewalle View Post
    Disney parks blog just announced the tickets are on sale for the Pirates Of the craibbean On Stranger Tides World Premiere on May 7th. Tickets are $1000 and are non transferrable and can be purchased at www.piratespremiere.com

will you be going?? I will!!
    I checked out that site 3 days ago and it saus the event has sold out. It then provides a link for donations to the Boys and Girls Club. That is the organization that will recieve all of the proceeds from this event. Pretty COOL thing Team Disney is doing I say. However, pretty sucky to make the ticket so expensive. (in my opinion).

• Banned User

Guess I should mention that I'll be going. If you have a twitter account, follow me, because I'll be tweeting as much as possible through the event. I know I can't tweet from the theater seats, but everything else I can, I'll be tweeting.

Great thing is knowing friends who have publicists. Got my ticket from a friend who had an extra.

• Banned User

insanely expensive--charity or not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast