Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Disneyland Announces tickets for POTC OST Premiere MAy 7th 2011 at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    insanely expensive--charity or not.
    So is a fully loaded car vs. that exact same car as a base model. But to some, it's worth it.

Re: Disneyland Announces tickets for POTC OST Premiere MAy 7th 2011 at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by buried20kleague View Post
    So is a fully loaded car vs. that exact same car as a base model. But to some, it's worth it.
    I totally agree. To me, dropping $2500 on a laptop is nothing, but to others it is a ridiculous waste of money. It all depends on your perspective. Personally, I've been coming to grips with the amount we're spending, but I'm really getting into the swing of it now. My wife has booked our flight and we are going to surprise our two daughters telling them we are going to a "pirate party". Of course, they will probably start to get a bit excited when we drive to the airport....

So when you say head back to the entrace, do you mean back to the area where the red carpet dumps into the Frontierland area? Or do you actually walk back down the red carpet the "wrong" way? Personally, I'm not too bugged about seeing celebrities. If we do great, if not, we'll just enjoy the evening and build great memories!
    Last edited by techdesign; 04-15-2011 at 06:54 PM.

• The Pirate Girl

I'd been debating buying a ticket or not (yay car accident fund. xD) but didn't.
    Plus I'll most likely be working it. I've heard it's "all hands on deck" for the event. So if I'm not in my normal area, I'll most likely be doing crowd control (let's hope I get in haha).
    Also, in regards to the tickets, I heard it's 100 to Disney (for funds of paying those who set up, and normal ticket expense, etc), and all the rest goes to B&G.
    I think it's fairly reasonable for the amount of epic you'd get to experience.
    I was there for the 3rd premiere, getting autographs on main street. Johnny, Orlando etc. They were all so sweet.
    Either way, it's so much fun!
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by techdesign View Post
    I totally agree. To me, dropping $2500 on a laptop is nothing, but to others it is a ridiculous waste of money. It all depends on your perspective. Personally, I've been coming to grips with the amount we're spending, but I'm really getting into the swing of it now. My wife has booked our flight and we are going to surprise our two daughters telling them we are going to a "pirate party". Of course, they will probably start to get a bit excited when we drive to the airport....

So when you say head back to the entrace, do you mean back to the area where the red carpet dumps into the Frontierland area? Or do you actually walk back down the red carpet the "wrong" way? Personally, I'm not too bugged about seeing celebrities. If we do great, if not, we'll just enjoy the evening and build great memories!
    Correct, back to where the red carpet dumps into the Frontierland area. Once you go down the carpet, they won't let you back on it.

I will say though... If you want to see Johnny, probably the only way to do it is to camp out where the carpet enters frontierland. He's last on the carpet, and takes a long time... So basically as soon as he gets to the Frontierland gate, he's rushed backstage to be introduced before they show the movie. He doesn't spend any time at all at the dinner or wandering about. Last time, he left before the movie was completely overwith, too.
    Last edited by buried20kleague; 04-18-2011 at 08:18 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by buried20kleague View Post
    He doesn't spend any time at all at the dinner or wandering about. Last time, he left before the movie was completely overwith, too.
    considering this is the guy that doesn't watch his own movies, that's understandable.

I'm just looking forward to the night in general. Can't wait to hang out with my friends that night.

• Feeeel the power Kronk...

10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!

So in order to actually be at Disneyland and watch the red carpet you had to have purchased those $1000 tickets? Or can you go to dland and just watch the red carpet... with a pass.

In other words... I just want to go and watch the red carpet... did I already miss that opportunity?
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

MoJo SoNiC

"your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

If you only want to experience the Red Carpet, yes, you can go with just your admission ticket/AP. But, if you want a "good" spot, then you really need to get their early and be prepared to wait for most of the day. It really is a lot of fun and while waiting all day you'll meet a lot of great people!

• Feeeel the power Kronk...

10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!

Thanx!!!
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

MoJo SoNiC

"your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    considering this is the guy that doesn't watch his own movies, that's understandable.

I'm just looking forward to the night in general. Can't wait to hang out with my friends that night.
    Have fun with your security guards. Hahahahaa

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Circle of Ancients

2 more days!

Re those who didn't pony up $1000.
    It seems that there's going to hordes of celebrity hounds buying tickets simply to hang out in one small area, not experiencing any attractions, screaming your heads off, battling back pain and potentially some really crummy behaviour from your fellow humans, to shuffle back out roughly 15-18 hours later [loud gasp]. Just to see if you can get a side shot of one of Johnny Depp's publicists. Wow. Not being Debbie Downer. Just literally shocked.

Sidenote: As it's a ginormous, high profile premiere and nearly 3 weeks prior to the movie's release, I'm betting (for those that ARE ticketed to the screening/party), that once you get into Frontierland.... you'll be checking in those Net/camera/video/techie devices with the Security desk. No chance of uninvited (the other type of) Pirates getting sneaky with things. ;-)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rednoyz View Post
    It seems that there's going to hordes of celebrity hounds buying tickets simply to hang out in one small area, not experiencing any attractions, screaming your heads off, battling back pain and potentially some really crummy behaviour from your fellow humans, to shuffle back out roughly 15-18 hours later [loud gasp]. Just to see if you can get a side shot of one of Johnny Depp's publicists. Wow. Not being Debbie Downer. Just literally shocked.

Sidenote: As it's a ginormous, high profile premiere and nearly 3 weeks prior to the movie's release, I'm betting (for those that ARE ticketed to the screening/party), that once you get into Frontierland.... you'll be checking in those Net/camera/video/techie devices with the Security desk. No chance of uninvited (the other type of) Pirates getting sneaky with things. ;-)
    Yea, we are going to have to turn over our mobile loot, but hey, I can't complain. It's going to be an awesome premiere.

•   
    • Proud Nerdist

Quote Originally Posted by Rednoyz View Post

Like all experiences you get out of it what you put into it. If one goes to the premiere with the sole thought that they're going to have a magical one-on-one expericence with Johnny Depp, then yeah, that's so not going to happen. I will give Johnny this, he seems to realize that people have waited a long time and does his best to get around, but of course, until they get that cloning technology up and running, it's just not possible for 1 guy to meet every demand. And of course, reasonable people know this, unreasonable people do not. No matter what the event, there will always be those who pout and those who attended the very same event and had a great time. But tuning one's expections to a reasonable level seems to be the determining factor as to whether or not people have a good time.

But if one goes just to enjoy the event expereince it can be a lot of fun. I've been to a couple of the premieres. It's not much different than waiting to see the Rose Parade or some other such event. You stake out your spot, you make friends with the people around you. While yes, there is the "potential" for crummy behavior, that's frankly not any different than any other day at disneyland. (Although I can't say that I witnessed any in my immediate surroundings the times I went.) We had a great time, but maybe that was also we tuned our expectations to a reasonable level.

If you go with a group, you can rotate going on rides getting stuff to eat, shopping and so on with those who hold down the fort, so to speak. Disney provides entertainment through out the day. When the event actually starts there are a lot of people attending the event that may be fun to see in person (unless one is just way too cool/jaded for that sort of thing), not just the actual stars of the film. Mostly it's just part of an event and that's fun for some, and of course, not so much for others.

I have tickets to the charity event this year, and they have been up front since the begining that cameras were not allowed during the actual screening of the film. So it's no surprise to anyone who that they will need to check their camera. And for those who just didn't bother to read any of the materials that came with their ticket purchase, there's never much to be done to help the willfully ignorant!

• Banned User

so...before the screening, and after the screening...I'm assuming we can have our phones?

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    so...before the screening, and after the screening...I'm assuming we can have our phones?
    Yes, you will check all devices (phones, cameras, etc.) in to security before being allowed to go to your seat, and you will retrieve them immediately after the screening. Don't even think about sneaking something in, because if you are caught even holding a phone, you will more than likely be walking the plank right on outta there. The security personnel are completely serious, folks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast