When will Oswald be back at the parks?

Since Oswald is now a Disney property again, I was wondering when we will start to see him on merchandise (or dare I dream as a character in the park)? My daughter sees Oswald on the walls over at DCA, and in the game Epic Mickey and she always, ALWAYS calls out his name. Perhaps b/c I emphasis his importance (probably more then I should have). For me I'd love an Oswald pin or tee shirt. I know a lot of you out there love Duffy, but I think the efforts in a new character should have been placed in Oswald's resurrection. Anyone have a clue or any insight?

• Banned User

Re: When will Oswald be back at the parks?

Buena Vista Street

• Hot FIRE!

it would be interesting to see how they could fit him into the park as a character. All of the other characters have a modern colored update over the years except for Oswald (who remains in Black and white with at most blue short pants).

on the other hand Steamboat Willy Mickey who appears during Fantasmic! doesn't look out of place so who knows?

...seriously

• Minion

Rumors are pointing towards Oswald becoming a walkaround later this year, along with Pete
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

According to concept art, Buena Vista Street will have a gas station called Oswald's.

If he's likely to have any presence, it will definitely be in DCA, with its new 20's theme.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Minion

I heard somebosy say......or saw someone write on here, that Oswald came out as a character at Disney World that day after Disney got him back. Not idea how true it is, but it could mean they have the costume.

I'm really glad Oswald is back and I've been wondering the same thing, I hope the Buena Vista rumors are true though and we will get Pete and Oswald back to where they belong

• I'm not really here

Oswald did indeed appear at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom for the one day only right after the company reacquired the rights to Oswald in 2006. Tokyo Disney used him as part of an Easter Parade float design as well. I can only find pics of the float.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Oswald did indeed appear at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom for the one day only right after the company reacquired the rights to Oswald in 2006. Tokyo Disney used him as part of an Easter Parade float design as well. I can only find pics of the float.

That. Is. AWESOME!

• Not on the Jedi Council

I just ordered the Oswald Treasures DVD set thanks to this thread.

Can I also ask when the Disney's biggest cartoon star of the classic era will get more than a concrete boat that he's not even seen in? If Goofy can get a sky school, can't Donald get a camping ride in the Grizzly section of DCA or something?

• Shubisha

Oswald did indeed appear at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom for the one day only right after the company reacquired the rights to Oswald in 2006.
    Any proof to back up that part about him being in the parks for one day? I've never heard of that or seen pictures of it and I can't imagine they had an Oswald costume sitting around ready to go in case a deal like that was ever announced. I'm sure I would have seen it at a special event since then.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I just ordered the Oswald Treasures DVD set thanks to this thread.

Can I also ask when the Disney's biggest cartoon star of the classic era will get more than a concrete boat that he's not even seen in? If Goofy can get a sky school, can't Donald get a camping ride in the Grizzly section of DCA or something?
    Mickey's Philharmagic. Despite the title, it's all about Donald.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Not on the Jedi Council

That would be awesome if they bring that into the Anaheim parks someday.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Any proof to back up that part about him being in the parks for one day? I've never heard of that or seen pictures of it and I can't imagine they had an Oswald costume sitting around ready to go in case a deal like that was ever announced. I'm sure I would have seen it at a special event since then.
    Not photographic proof, which does make me wonder, but enough mentions of it that I can't see it being totally false either. All sources are saying hey appeared at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom on the day the company re-acquired him. That would have been Feb 09, 2006. It's very possible it was a very brief sort of appearance rather than a meet and greet thing. I'll keep digging and see what else I can come up with.

I don't think they just had a costume sitting around. That would have been illegal. However, once negotiations were entered into it would not have been hard to create one design and two costumes fairly quickly for the public announcement.

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Pin Pics: Pin Groups

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Very cool! Maybe Oswald (along with Pete) will be in the new parade over at DCA, or possibly even the new Soundsational Parade. . .now that would be a surprise!