Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Annual Passholder sweepstakes to preview Star Tours 2 now open

Entered! Hope I get "Tuesaday".

Entered....clicked every single box. Hopefully I'll have to call in for a sick day in May, no what I'm sayin?

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Good luck to everyone and I hope I win

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I think I'm going to have to wait until I get my new AP.
    Mike

Entered Any word on how many people will be picked per slot?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

^ No idea as of yet but I think my prediction of them picking the majority of those who sign up from around 60 - 80% will be accurate and just divide them up. There's quite a few days in there, plus for the majority of the day on each. And the terms state there will be long queue times for those in attendance. So I'm sure they figure out a way to divide up the passholders by the day they chose, how many will be in attendance with them, and throw them in a time limit for that day with other people that fit in for possibly a 2 hour wait at the most. And if the rider capacity is still relatively high (originally, what, 40 riders per car + the new additions of seats?), divided by a 3 minute ride + 1 minute loading time, that's 675 riders an hour and plus there's what, 3 different rooms? Around 2000 riders per hour, with 4 hour time slots twice a day, that's 16,000 people, but let's say they underplan in case of break downs or emergencies, down to 14,000 people a day across 7 days, that's 98,000 people divided by the number of APs that entered and the guests they're bringing but chances are not EVERYONE they know has an AP to do the full 6 for everyone and most people want to go with at least one person so on average about 4 people a party, so that comes out to be 24,500 winners... approximately ... and hopefully Which should be a good majority considering not all the APs will know of this, plus with many that are busy and/or aren't interested, etc..

15 minutes from the park that started it all

Quote Originally Posted by imayahoo2 View Post
    Apparently those of us that have Premier Passports can't yet register for the sweepstakes???? That's IRRITATING.

When I log into my account my annual passport # isn't even listed in my profile which it was 2 weeks ago, and now it is not. It requires the passport # to be on your account in order to enter the sweepstakes.

I even tried adding my passport # to the account and it just throws me for a loop.

AND, while I'm ranting, there have been quite a few CMs that have had issues with my pass. Many of them not knowing what it even is, giving me a 10% discount when I should get 15%, saying my passport isn't valid because it doesn't have my picture on it..... For $700 you would think you'd get better customer service.
    Its working for me, as we just entered, and we both have Premier passes.
    It is a little irritating though with the discount problems.. and the fact that you have to pull out your ID each time..

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ^ No idea as of yet but I think my prediction of them picking the majority of those who sign up from around 60 - 80% will be accurate and just divide them up. There's quite a few days in there, plus for the majority of the day on each. And the terms state there will be long queue times for those in attendance. So I'm sure they figure out a way to divide up the passholders by the day they chose, how many will be in attendance with them, and throw them in a time limit for that day with other people that fit in for possibly a 2 hour wait at the most. And if the rider capacity is still relatively high (originally, what, 40 riders per car + the new additions of seats?), divided by a 3 minute ride + 1 minute loading time, that's 675 riders an hour and plus there's what, 3 different rooms? Around 2000 riders per hour, with 4 hour time slots twice a day, that's 16,000 people, but let's say they underplan in case of break downs or emergencies, down to 14,000 people a day across 7 days, that's 98,000 people divided by the number of APs that entered and the guests they're bringing but chances are not EVERYONE they know has an AP to do the full 6 for everyone and most people want to go with at least one person so on average about 4 people a party, so that comes out to be 24,500 winners... approximately ... and hopefully Which should be a good majority considering not all the APs will know of this, plus with many that are busy and/or aren't interested, etc..

That was A LOT of math.......and we are allowed to bring a guest!? AHHH!!!!! So chances could be pretty good? Score! Thanks!

• Minion

I'm still wondering how soft openings are fitting in here. Like during the block dates or between the two daily AP slots?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    That was A LOT of math.......and we are allowed to bring a guest!? AHHH!!!!! So chances could be pretty good? Score! Thanks!
    Yeah you're allowed to bring up to 6 guests AS LONG as they also have APs. Doesn't matter which one. Even if they have the lowest tiers and you win for a Saturday or Sunday, you get a free park hoppers for the day.

Will they be doing this with the Little Mermaid attraction too?

• Life in the Fastpass Lane

Sat/Sun are blockout dates for non-premium APs ...

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Yeah you're allowed to bring up to 6 guests AS LONG as they also have APs. Doesn't matter which one. Even if they have the lowest tiers and you win for a Saturday or Sunday, you get a free park hoppers for the day.
    Not true. It says SPECIFICALLY you get a 1-day Disneyland Park blockout day ticket. I'm not sure why they would care if people went to California Adventure too, but apparently they're excluding it. Is this the first time DCA has actually been blocked out from a freebie? Our little park is growing up!

• ITS A TRAP

woops I selected every day but I forgot about being blacked out on saturdays and someone said sunday also so hopefully I don't get selected for one of those days if I win
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by theswillmerchant View Post
    Ok, I finally got it to work. I went to the Disney WORLD website and signed in (it had my premier pass info there). I checked the update personal information page and everything was listed correctly. I then went to the Disneyland site and checked the personal information page and all of a sudden my Pass was listed again. Not sure why this worked. Possible it needed to populate the disneyland site with info from the disney world site. Or maybe it had to put some info in the cookies of my browser. I used Chrome, by the way. Hope this helps if anyone else is having this issue.
    HA!. Same thing with me. Though it took a day later to suddenly appear. I logged into the WDW site and everything was there. I then logged into Disneyland and it wasn't there but I was on a MAC then. I logged into Disneyland today on a PC and my info is there. Hmmmm....

At least I am now entered in the drawing as well!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast