Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Annual Passholder sweepstakes to preview Star Tours 2 now open

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ^ No idea as of yet but I think my prediction of them picking the majority of those who sign up from around 60 - 80% will be accurate and just divide them up. There's quite a few days in there, plus for the majority of the day on each. And the terms state there will be long queue times for those in attendance. So I'm sure they figure out a way to divide up the passholders by the day they chose, how many will be in attendance with them, and throw them in a time limit for that day with other people that fit in for possibly a 2 hour wait at the most. And if the rider capacity is still relatively high (originally, what, 40 riders per car + the new additions of seats?), divided by a 3 minute ride + 1 minute loading time, that's 675 riders an hour and plus there's what, 3 different rooms? Around 2000 riders per hour, with 4 hour time slots twice a day, that's 16,000 people, but let's say they underplan in case of break downs or emergencies, down to 14,000 people a day across 7 days, that's 98,000 people divided by the number of APs that entered and the guests they're bringing but chances are not EVERYONE they know has an AP to do the full 6 for everyone and most people want to go with at least one person so on average about 4 people a party, so that comes out to be 24,500 winners... approximately ... and hopefully Which should be a good majority considering not all the APs will know of this, plus with many that are busy and/or aren't interested, etc..
    My guess is that they would open this as a soft opening to all guests and the lottery is for the Fastpasses that would normally be given out if the ride were open as normal. That may be why they say long lines are possible?????

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

^ i don' think so. AP previews don't usually happen along with soft openings. If I remember correctly, the last AP preview I went on was for ToT and we had our specific time slot and we went and collected our ticket(which looked like a fastpass) from a CM in order to be able to enter the ride.

I think they are referring to the fact that there is a four hour time slot to go on the ride and the APs may, for example, all end up going around six instead of spread out from 4 to 8 which would obviously create longer lines.

flower gleam & glow...

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    That was A LOT of math.......and we are allowed to bring a guest!? AHHH!!!!! So chances could be pretty good? Score! Thanks!
    just an FYI since you said you already entered, you had to select the amount of APs in your group at the time you entered the contest. The box was below all of the time slots on the contest enter page.

flower gleam & glow...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLLEGEND View Post
    woops I selected every day but I forgot about being blacked out on saturdays and someone said sunday also so hopefully I don't get selected for one of those days if I win
    If you win for Saturday or Sunday, you and your AP guests will get a one day ticket to Disneyland (which I previously thought was a park hopper but apparently not

Okay so my AP expired in March but I will probably not get to renewing it until my birthday on April 23. Will I still be able to enter in for this? I thought I read somewhere that it was only for those who had an AP by April 10, so I don't know, anybody know?

• Johnny and Me!

Anyone else not able to get to the Annual Passholder sectionof the website? It keeps asking me to input my pass number, but that info is already there. I even removed and re-entered the info, but it still will not let me access the passholder area. Just keep going around in a circle.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Anyone else not able to get to the Annual Passholder sectionof the website? It keeps asking me to input my pass number, but that info is already there. I even removed and re-entered the info, but it still will not let me access the passholder area. Just keep going around in a circle.
    Same thing is happening to me!!!

• Minion

^ Same here.

I have a similar problem, says my email address is not registered when I try to log in on the annual passholder page. But if I log in on any other Disney page, I can this access my account on the annual passholder page no problem.

I had the same problem, so I just re-registered with an alternate email address.

This is my first time doing the lottery for previews. How likely it is to get a ticket?

• I'm wishing

I have had continual problems with logging in to this website...I have no idea why it is so much more "difficult" to deal with than other sites.

Luckily, I was able to change my password, enter my new pass number, and get entered! I entered for every day except Tuesday, so hopefully my chances are good!!

• Not on the Jedi Council

Was wondering about this, so I looked.

So the page now reads "Thank you for your interest in the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Star Tours Preview Event Sweepstakes. All winners will be notified on or around May 16, 2011."

Just passing this on.

• Life in the Fastpass Lane

I received notification that I was selected to ride on 5/20. Thought it was the AP contest, but turns out I won a pass for myself and a guest to the media event @ 9am on the 20th! Whoo-hoo! Can't wait!

The Premier pass has 20 digits and the So you only need to enter the first 18 digits to register online. Also the cast members should be manually entering the first 18 digits only. Premier Passes are so new and rare that most cast members don't recognize them. I'd just avoid the hassle and kindly remind them of the procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by imayahoo2 View Post
    Apparently those of us that have Premier Passports can't yet register for the sweepstakes???? That's IRRITATING.

When I log into my account my annual passport # isn't even listed in my profile which it was 2 weeks ago, and now it is not. It requires the passport # to be on your account in order to enter the sweepstakes.

I even tried adding my passport # to the account and it just throws me for a loop.

AND, while I'm ranting, there have been quite a few CMs that have had issues with my pass. Many of them not knowing what it even is, giving me a 10% discount when I should get 15%, saying my passport isn't valid because it doesn't have my picture on it..... For $700 you would think you'd get better customer service.

• The Pumpkin King

I dont think I can enter I just have the paper to get my annual pass at the park, but I wont be getting that till next weekend. Bought my annual pass online btw.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast