• Disney Lover Supreme.

What rides are being refurbished/are closed, and why/what improvements are being made

I have heard that there are many rides that are or will be closing until June 2011-ish. I wanted to know which rides will be closed, and what areas will be restricted to the public before I go during Spring Break, NEXT WEEK! If anybody can make a list of the rides would be great, details appreciated. Have fun, Disney-fanatics!
    My Flickr

• Disney Lover Supreme.

Re: What rides are being refurbished/are closed, and why/what improvements are being

Bump, if that works, does bumping work like in other forums?
    My Flickr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: What rides are being refurbished/are closed, and why/what improvements are being

Star Tours is currently closed receiving an entire makeover/refreshed ride experience and Splash Mountain is in a period of annual maintenance/general touch ups, and that's about it for Disneyland: nearly at full operational capacity.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Parking Lot > DCA

There really isn't any areas that are closed off to the public in Disneyland, but DCA is another story..

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Star Tours is currently closed receiving an entire makeover/refreshed ride experience and Splash Mountain is in a period of annual maintenance/general touch ups, and that's about it for Disneyland: nearly at full operational capacity.
    Fully operational capacity doesn't even describe it!

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
    I have heard that there are many rides that are or will be closing until June 2011-ish. I wanted to know which rides will be closed, and what areas will be restricted to the public before I go during Spring Break, NEXT WEEK! If anybody can make a list of the rides would be great, details appreciated. Have fun, Disney-fanatics!
    If you ever have questions about park hours, what shows, bands, parades or other entertainment will be performing and when, or what rides are currently under refurbishment, just log on to the official Disneyland calendar and select your desired day(s). They currently list things about 2 months in advance.

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

Next week, Star Tours, Splash Mountain and Mulholland Madness will be closed. Star Trader gift shop is closed. Carsland and The Little Mermaid ride are closed, having never actually opened yet. DCA is a mass of construction walls.

As to the whys and whats that are being done, I suggest you search on this forum for the specifics.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
    Here are two resources on our site which will help you:

Our Disneyland Project Tracker talks about upcoming changes and rumors: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

And our weekly Dateline Disneyland mentions ride closures and refurbishments: MiceChat - Dateline Disneyland - Blogs

Cheers!

Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Ryan

Welcome Mickey Mouse Jr.!