Page 248 of 419 FirstFirst ... 148198223238245246247248249250251258273298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 6281

Re: Daily Disneyland Photo Sharing Thread

Today, Ariel was out near the Castle, However, she was in the shade and nobody came by to talk to her. I asked where everyone was, and she just shrugged.... I went into the castle and let some little girls know that there was a lonely Princess waiting at the Tomorrowland exit.

This Ariel has the cartoon character look, and her size 0 dress was loose fitting,
    she must have the smallest waist of any face character. It is amazing how well Disney
    casts their Princesses.
    /

• formerly very helpful

She is absolutely a doll.

• Sock Puppet

K..need some Camera help..

i need to seriously get a new camera. the one i got at xmas from my family was great for the 1st 6 months, but i overused it and the zoom button sticks and it's just totally showing signs of over use..LOL so i was thinking that a nikon d40 6mp camera with a 18-55mm lense is a good start for me, i can always get a bigger lense later on.

so.. is this a good camera? i can only afford so much and i heard the 6mp is okay plus the lense is great

I haven't looked at the D40 but it should be good. The 18-55 is the lens I use most often. I do agree that 6mp is enough, most of the time. There's a good article on the myth that more megapixels is always better; the average person can't tell the difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/te...gue.html?_r=3&

Look at the reviews online, see what its weaknesses and strengths are. My hubby shoots a D200 at the moment, but he's had a D70 in the past. I don't know where the 40 fits in the Nikon "family.

My D5000 has worked out well for me; had it two years now. So you might say I have found Nikon makes some good cameras.

I hope you find the right camera and continue to post some great pictures!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I haven't looked at the D40 but it should be good. The 18-55 is the lens I use most often. I do agree that 6mp is enough, most of the time. There's a good article on the myth that more megapixels is always better; the average person can't tell the difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/te...gue.html?_r=3&

Look at the reviews online, see what its weaknesses and strengths are. My hubby shoots a D200 at the moment, but he's had a D70 in the past. I don't know where the 40 fits in the Nikon "family.

My D5000 has worked out well for me; had it two years now. So you might say I have found Nikon makes some good cameras.

I hope you find the right camera and continue to post some great pictures!

and yeah that is the thing, i got photoshop and i can always sharpen the photo later on if i need too, and yes i know that more mp's don't always mean better photo or camera! lol..my current camera is a agfa selecta 14, so its 14 mps and at 1600 iso it's grainy at heck.. an like i said my zoom button is failing, it either zooms and i can't stop it or i can't get it to where i need the darn lense to be and it's annoying me now..but i just wanted a better lense with a little more capabilities then what i got, a 18-55mm is a good lense i have worked with one it's awesome i know i am going to have fun!! plus i do food photography for my food blog an i need a good lense, a 18-55mm comes into play on that. and it shoots 2.5 FPS, like how much faster can you get with that?? lol i am sure that is slow compared to the D70 or the D200,but a friend of mine told me that the D40 with the lense i want is a good camera..and with a lens like that you don't really need any higher mp i think 6 is enough..specially for Disneyland!

soooo while i was on EBAY, i found on for auction, and i placed a bid, and so far i am leading so cross your fingeres i should know by tomorrow if i got the camera, oh and it was on auction for $78, i bid 102.. so i hope to get it..

here is the stats incase any newbie wants to get a D40,comes with the 18-55mm nikkor lens

Key Features
    Camera Type Digital SLR
    Optical Zoom 3.1x
    Sensor Resolution 6.1 MP
    Screen Size 2.5"

Optical Sensor
    Sensor Size 15.6 x 23.7mm
    Sensor Type CCD

Lens System
    Lens Type Zoom lens
    Lens For SD 18-55mm
    Focal Length Range 18mm - 55mm
    Focus Adjustment Autofocus & Manual Focus, Automatic, Manual
    Lens Filter Size 52 mm
    Lens System Features Aspherical Lens, ED Glass, Internal Focusing System, Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
    Auto Focus type TTL phase detection
    Lens Construction 5 group(s) / 7 element(s)
    Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 27 - 82.5mm

Exposure
    Max Shutter Speed 1/4000 sec
    Min Shutter Speed 30 sec
    Exposure compensation 5 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
    Exposure Range EV 0-20 ( ISO 100 )
    Exposure Metering 3D color matrix II, Center-Weighted, Spot
    Exposure Modes Aperture-Priority, Automatic, Bulb, Manual, Program, Shutter-Priority, i-TTL Program Flash
    Light Sensitivity ISO 200-1600
    Light Sensitivity Max 1600

Camera Flash
    Flash Type Pop-up Flash
    Red Eye Reduction Yes
    Camera Flash Features AF Illuminator, Flash +/- Compensation
    Flash Modes Auto Mode, Fill-in Mode, OFF mode, Rear Curtain Sync, Red-eye Reduction, Slow Synchro

Memory / Storage
    Supported Flash Memory MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card

Viewfinder
    Viewfinder Type Optical, Optical (Through-the-lens)
    Optical Viewfinder Type Eye-level penta-dach mirror
    Viewfinder - Field Coverage 95%
    Viewfinder Magnification 0.8x
    Dioptric Correction Range -1.7 to +0.5

Dimensions
    Depth 2.5 in.
    Height 3.7 in.
    Width 5 in.
    Weight 16.8 Oz.

Display
    Display Type LCD
    Display Rotation Built-in
    Screen Details LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
    Display Size 2.5"

Connections
    Connector Types 1 x USB, 1 x composite video output
    Expansion Slot 1 x SD Memory Card

Battery
    Battery Form Factor Manufacturer specific

File Format
    Still Image Format JPEG, NEF (RAW)

Other Features
    Additional Features AE/FE Lock, AF Lock, Auto Power Save, Brightness Control, Cropping An Image, DPOF Support, Digital Noise Reduction, Direct Print, Histogram Display, Interchangeable Lenses, PictBridge Support, Red eye Fix, Text Input To Exif Header, USB 2.0, USB 2.0 Compatibility, With Tripod Mount

Miscellaneous
    Color Black
    Shooting Programs Children, Close-up, Landscape, Night portrait, Portrait mode, Sports mode
    Special Effects Black & White, Cyanotype, Sepia, Skylight Filter, Warm Filter
    White Balance Auto
    Continuous Shooting Speed 2.5 frames per second

• Down Pluto!

If it were me, I'd go with the D5100 over the D40. The slight increase in cost is worth the additional features and improvements. The max ISO of 1600 is a deal killer.

I used to believe in the myth of megapixels - but once I learned to use the camera, and how important it can be to crop images - I realized that megapixels DO matter.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    If it were me, I'd go with the D5100 over the D40. The slight increase in cost is worth the additional features and improvements. The max ISO of 1600 is a deal killer.

I used to believe in the myth of megapixels - but once I learned to use the camera, and how important it can be to crop images - I realized that megapixels DO matter.

thanks sambo, but i am going with the D40 for now.. later on in life i will upgrade but it's all I can afford for now and i need a camera like ASAP anyway, it does have a high iso of 3200 which is good for me, since i pretty much don't take disneyland photos like the rest of you or Geevee, but i do also food photography, so the 18-55mm is going to be my new best friend

Husband concurs that a D40 should do well for you. I wanted to check with him since he's got a better handle on what models are what than I do. Craigslist is another good place to check for cameras- plus you can go look at it before buying.

Have fun with it!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Husband concurs that a D40 should do well for you. I wanted to check with him since he's got a better handle on what models are what than I do. Craigslist is another good place to check for cameras- plus you can go look at it before buying.

Have fun with it!
    I have a D40 and I love it. That being said, I am a completely beginner "photographer", I even hesitate to call myself a photographer at all... So it's very user-friendly. Easy for beginners or lazy people such as myself, but offers options for people who want to use it for more.

The thing that has most improved my photography skills has been to take a lot of pictures. I have run probably 28,000 frames through mine so far. Plus whatever's gone through the point and shoots (on my third one of those, too).

I delete a lot of them, too, to get the best ones.

Also, looking at pictures, reading books on photography, and analyzing pictures you like to see why you like it, and how you can apply that to pictures you take. Those things have helped me a lot. And I kind of cringe when i look back at the early pictures. I wish I could go back and retake a lot of those, because they're terrible and I could do so much better now.

• Selfie Expert

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html