Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What if a 7.5 earth quake hit the DLR?

What if a 7.5 earth quake stuck 40 miles south of Huntington beach/Newport beach 50 south of DLR. what would be the DLR response would they dump people out the closest emergence exit Ball blvd Disney drive and Katella avenue. would they provide you with food. would you be able to get your car out Mickey and friends would it still standing. would you be on your own because cast member would just leave. would the cast member be greeting you and wishing you a safe trip home like the cast members at TDLR bear in mind Tokyo wear Disneyland is was 230 miles from the 9.4 wear their earth quake was . also the AFD,APD and OCFA would only be able to deploy a few units to the DLR they would have a tsunami coming.

Re: What if a 7.5 earth quake hit the DLR?

Maybe you should direct the second portion of 2012: The Movie
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    Maybe you should direct the second portion of 2012: The Movie
    lol, I refused to see 2012, but all of that what if's is scary....sure everyone should think of what if's. However, to a minimum. (Coming from the biggest worry-wart ever too...)

Quote Originally Posted by littlepixie View Post
    lol, I refused to see 2012, but all of that what if's is scary....sure everyone should think of what if's. However, to a minimum. (Coming from the biggest worry-wart ever too...)
    Ugh, tell me about it. I can't watch end-of-the-world movies..I think too much and convince myself that its going to happen, even though there is a 98% chance it won't. I'm a complete over-analyzer (sp?).
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

The line at guest services to demand a refund would go all the way around the park.

• Minion of Chernabog

^^

Pretty much. Because it would be Disney's fault they didn't mobilize the fairy army to keep the ground still.

Or it could be they think it's witchcraft.... Lol.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS they put rails Alice in Wonderland. The loss of life would be catastrophic...on par with the great disasters of our time.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    All I can say is THANK GOODNESS they put rails Alice in Wonderland. The loss of life would be catastrophic...on par with the great disasters of our time.
    +1!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    What if a 7.5 earth quake stuck 40 miles south of Huntington beach/Newport beach 50 south of DLR. what would be the DLR response would they dump people out the closest emergence exit Ball blvd Disney drive and Katella avenue. would they provide you with food. would you be able to get your car out Mickey and friends would it still standing. would you be on your own because cast member would just leave. would the cast member be greeting you and wishing you a safe trip home like the cast members at TDLR bear in mind Tokyo wear Disneyland is was 230 miles from the 9.4 wear their earth quake was,
    Some quotes from Al Lutz' update "Timelines and Faultlines"...

...Anaheim has never conducted a park-wide earthquake drill for its Cast Members, and the few minutes of earthquake training Cast Member’s receive when they hire in is so basic and so vague it comes across as rather meaningless.

...the response for a moderate or severe earthquake is for all Cast Members to abandon their work locations and go to a designated “Cast Assembly Area”, while the park visitors are mysteriously directed by seemingly no one to move to separate yet unlabeled “Safe Havens,” which are open areas away from buildings.

If the earthquake response is carried out accurately, the employees and customers would be segregated into separate assembly areas that are only identified on a handful of dusty maps posted backstage.

Not a single word is mentioned in any of the Cast Member training about how to respond to panicky or injured visitors, or what to tell them, or where to direct them.

The salaried park management have also had just a few minutes of vague and useless training in earthquake response techniques, the same as the average ride operator or shop clerk got, so don’t look to the guy wearing the Dockers and the earpiece for useful direction or assistance either.

...There are vague plans to evacuate the parks along designated corridors in the strong earthquake scenarios, dumping up to 100,000 people at one time out into the Esplanade and/or surface streets around the parks.

Much more in his update.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Nutty about Disney parks

Yeah I have alot of doubt that DLR CMs can handle an earthquake with the same cooperation and competency that the CMs at Tokyo Disney displayed.

In past earthquakes, they would herd all the guests into the cramps outdoor streets of the park. Which only leads to everyone pushing around and shoving. I love Tokyo's system where they have everyone sit in specific areas so there's room for CMs to get around at least but then I do keep in mind that the Tokyo parks are much bigger and are able to handle those kinds of crowds when a situation like that occurs.

I would just hate to be stuck in those evacuation crowds. I would be more terrified of getting trampled or suffocated in a mass crowd like that than of the actual earthquake itself.

15 minutes from the park that started it all

Don't know, but I would sure love to be in that lush and brilliant Malliboomer park.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

What would happen?

We'd have the Finding Nemo Monorail Voyage...

That's what would happen..:
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Yeah I have alot of doubt that DLR CMs can handle an earthquake with the same cooperation and competency that the CMs at Tokyo Disney displayed.
    Comparing Anaheim with Tokyo as far as earthquake operations is apples and oranges. Yes, Anaheim does have earthquakes, but the geology and topography of Tokyo and Anaheim are completely different.

First, it's important to know that the rules governing Tokyo business and CA business are dramatically different. DLR Anaheim's earthquake perparedness plans meet or exceed the business standards set by the State of California.

Second, it's improtant to undnerstand that seismic activity in Anaheim is must less frequent, and much less severe on average, than in Tokyo. The earquake procedures set forth at the Disneyland Resort are consistent with what is expected in Anaheim.

Third, all onstage CM's are given instruction as part of their specific training what the procedure is in their specific area (each area is different). There's an evac procedure for every ride and building. It has worked well in the past. The DL Resort has had several earthquakes in its 55+ year history, and the procedures in place have been generally effective.

Fourth, if after an earthquake, a guest complain that they can't go on any rides or that they're not getting food and beverages, most other guests standing around that person will probably agree that the guest in question should be slapped upside the head for not having his priorities straight.

To make earthquake procedure comparisons between Tokyo and Anaheim simply isn't fair to either location. One might as week ask if Anaheim should impliment Orlando's hurricane procedures. After all, we do get hurricanes in CA, about once every 50 yers or so.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    DLR Anaheim's earthquake perparedness plans meet or exceed the business standards set by the State of California.
    I realize you're trying to cast your employer in a good light, but I'd tend to doubt your statement after reading Al's update. The DLR has tens of thousands of customers and employees on the property on a daily basis, and the preparedness training given the employees is a joke.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-16-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

When comparing Tokyo and Anaheim you have to think about ALOT of factors, especially when it comes to earthquakes.

*Culture: Its a big factor in Tokyo. California has a very diverse culture, it can't really be defined.
    *Area: Yes Anaheim is prone to earthquakes, but not on a regular basis like Japan is. The Japanese are use to this. Although we do have earthquakes in California, we don't have sizable ones that often like that of Japan. So naturally, people get a little more freaked out.

But put that all aside, it is better to be PREPARED then not. I think Disney should take a lesson from that of Japan and apply it here in California. Even if it doesn't happen as often as Japan, we WILL experience a large earthquake. And we should be prepared no matter what. In or out of the resort.
    Jeff Wayne

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast