Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney Executives on MiceChat?

They do read them though. I know that for a fact.

I know they do... at least hire people to do so. How do I know? They admitted it a few years ago. They don't get ideas here though. They use the information as survey data, it has just as much relevance (or possibly less) than in-park surveys. They also like to make sure that certain employees keep their dirty mouths closed about "inside information", which is completely understandable.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Senior Minion

[duplicate post]
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Future Indy Castmember

Funny you mentioned about Disney visiting MC:

YouTube - World of Color Meet-Up Part 4 of 7: Steve Davison, VP of Parades and Spectaculars

Even Steve Davison and the crew read the boards during WoC test sessions. I wouldn't doubt that they read any of the Disney Park fansites, espicially this site since a lot of us tend to be critical of certain things.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    You do know the reasons behind MNM, right?

Ended up being way more expensive, kinda didn't look good 1/2 way through, but they spend so much on the technology they were kind of strapped to finish it. At least they made money back, instead of scrapping the multi-million dollar film and lose it all.
    You know that, and I know that. But there are still plenty of pre-Iger Eisnerites (of all ages & hire-in dates) at TDB who like to blame the internet -- a groupthink that harkens back to Michael's rant on internet Disney fans as one of the key causes (along with El Nino) of DCA 1.0 taking a dumpster dive -- along with a subgroup-of-DLR-management whose take to this day is that Ebil Internets Fanz are what killed Light Tragic Light Craptastic that weird-parade-with-fairies thingie.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    They do read them though. I know that for a fact.
    And I can confirm that. For a fact.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-15-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

They keep an eye on all of the sites. A few years ago I saw a job posted for someone to do just that.... monitor fan based web sites. I wish now I had taken a screen shot of it. Do executives spend a lot of time watching us? Probably not, but they do watch, they do know we exist and they do know what goes on. How else would the current president of the resort want to have breakfast with us.

But as was mentioned, they only watch to see what the general feel is for things, as a marketing tool, and they are fully aware that people who frequent these kinds of sites are fanatics and maybe not necessarily indicative of what the general population thinks of the resort. But they watch to get a feel for whats going on in the community.

And yes, we do have a lot of CM's from all levels that are both lurkers and members, with varying degrees of activity. We even have people from Pixar and Burbank and other places here, who may or may not be active, but who certainly peek in on us frequently.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well, the harshest critics of [insert subject here] are on fan boards. Sometimes passion can overwhelm common sense. As a moderator on a Star Wars board, I had the dubious fun of having to tell a 17-year-old, among other things, that Italy was in fact not a "freaking hole" because The Phantom Menace didn't open to a record box office there. (And no, I've not read anything equivalent here.)

I know the producers of the current Doctor Who series try to stay away from web boards because fans pick on just about everything no matter what they do.

So yeah, they probably take individual posts with a grain of salt. It's probably larger trends they look at, or fine-tuning if it's something new like WoC.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    ^^ Because the guest is always right and we at MiceChat are the consummate guests.

Having worked in retail/customer service for 7 years... I cringe at that saying... it's usually said when a guest couldn't be more wrong about something.

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Having worked in retail/customer service for 7 years... I cringe at that saying... it's usually said when a guest couldn't be more wrong about something.
    I'm sure you're right about that. I was just referring to the fact that you need to make guests/customers happy - without them, there is no business.

• Banned User

Of course they do not. It's just like StevenW said. This board, along with mouseplanet, is rumors, guesses, speculation and mindless happiness. Why would people who are responsible for operating a huge company spent their time here? If they want to get input from the public, they design questions and ask either random people or people who meet certain criteria. These boards are for fun and games, not for serious input/output.
    Last edited by michaeleisner; 04-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I don't think they spend anytime reading the boards. It would be a waste of their valuable time. It's the same as reading the gossip columns. Most stuff is hyperbole or irrelevant. It doesn't change how they do their jobs. They are too far along to do anything about the complaints or concerns. Usually the complaints come after they already figured out a solution. Sometimes when the rumor mill reaches a crescendo, they'll react. For minor stuff, it is water off their back.
    Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Why would they listen to our ideas anyway? We're the ones who gripe about every little thing (repaving Main Street, paint chipping on monorail columns, *rages about Nemo*), yet keep coming back anyway. They got our money already, it's the tourists and casual fans they want to bring in.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeleisner View Post
    Of course they do not. It's just like StevenW said. This board, along with mouseplanet, is rumors, guesses, speculation and mindless happiness. Why would people who are responsible for operating a huge company spent their time here? If they want to get input from the public, they design questions and ask either random people or people who meet certain criteria. These boards are for fun and games, not for serious input/output.
    I am sure they do. It's probably not a super common thing, but I have no doubt in my mind they check out some of these sites. At least the big ones (MC, MP, etc). It's not so much to get ideas though I think as it is probably somewhat to get reviews and opinions on things. I can't imagine someone from the Company scolling through the "if you had a day in the park alone what would you do" thread, but maybe something more along the lines of a bad trip, or review of a new resturant menu, or something along those lines.

• Minion

Yes, there is a lot of everything you mentioned on these boards. There is also an incredible amount feedback on just about every product and service offering Disney provides. To completely ignore something like that would get nearly any market research analyst booted out the front door.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's not all rumors and mindless happiness. There are a lot of opinions on this board and Disney spend millions having those people with electronic clipboards ask what customers think. Why wouldn't they at least get people's free thoughts here?

Not only is it monitored in some fashion, they use these sites.

Often times information that gets leaked to Al and other Disney bloggers is purposely put out there to guage reaction. They understand that social media is an important tool.
    The Mur

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Maybe they hire independent bloggers who are avid Disney fans to do their work.
    And if my grandmother had wheels, maybe she'd be a wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's not all rumors and mindless happiness.
    Not all, but a great abundance. Note the earlier comment regarding Star Wars boards.
    There are a lot of opinions on this board and Disney spend millions having those people with electronic clipboards ask what customers think. Why wouldn't they at least get people's free thoughts here?
    For the reason I noted earlier. The internet is usually an inaccurate represenation of consumer temperature. This is true of companies in general, and not just Disney. In regards to the Anaheim parks, the most accurate feedback comes directly from guests at the Resort.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 04-15-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast