Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney Executives on MiceChat?

Not to mention that MiceChat is part of the official Disney survey you can take with the friendly clipboard people. "Do you frequent any Disney fan sites?" MiceChat is on there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Not to mention that MiceChat is part of the official Disney survey you can take with the friendly clipboard people. "Do you frequent any Disney fan sites?" MiceChat is on there.
    If I had known that, I wouldn't have waved them away during my last Disney vacation.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I can't imagine someone from the Company scolling through the "if you had a day in the park alone what would you do" thread, but maybe something more along the lines of a bad trip, or review of a new resturant menu, or something along those lines.
    Exactly. Attraction-interest trends, responses to restaurants and shows, CM complaint trends and the like -- info forwarded to several divisions, D23 among them.

And don't forget those wonderful folks at HR, where the unofficial motto is "We luuvs to read us some rude-postin' CMs who blab their work schedules and hire-in dates."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'll have to check with one of my fellow CM coworkers who is in that department, but as far as I know, the in-park survey takers don't ask about fan sites. They ask questions specifically about a guest's visit on that day or time. It's possible you might be thinking of an online or emailed survey?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    You do know the reasons behind MNM, right?

Ended up being way more expensive, kinda didn't look good 1/2 way through, but they spend so much on the technology they were kind of strapped to finish it. At least they made money back, instead of scrapping the multi-million dollar film and lose it all.
    You only explained the budget half, not the box office part. Even if it wasn't made for $150 million. Let's say it was made for half at $75 million, the box office should not be....

Domestic Total as of Apr. 14, 2011: $20,740,823
    Worldwide: $36,540,823

This movie was a major DUD. Assuming that Disney's take is only half of the theater's receipts and we should count the costs of marketing, let's say Disney lost it all.
    Last edited by StevenW; 04-15-2011 at 01:19 PM.

• IPAC

They do. remember the sign hi marco on the WOC platform and the sign in the Woc control both?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'll have to check with one of my fellow CM coworkers who is in that department, but as far as I know, the in-park survey takers don't ask about fan sites. They ask questions specifically about a guest's visit on that day or time. It's possible you might be thinking of an online or emailed survey?
    I have been asked the in DTD, not the park itself.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I have been asked the in DTD, not the park itself.
    The DTD survey people are the same department as the in-park survey people. All I can tell you about them, though, is that they've got really cool tablet PC's, and I wish I had one!!

• Hooterville, USA

If I remember correctly, Darkbeer posted some pics of the Mark Twain on this site and he showed just how much the MT was in disrepair. Within a couple weeks, they brought in the MT for a refurb.

Believe it or not..........................................

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    If I remember correctly, Darkbeer posted some pics of the Mark Twain on this site and he showed just how much the MT was in disrepair. Within a couple weeks, they brought in the MT for a refurb.
    That's a classic example of "a broken clock is right twice daily". There was a thread about the tarp on the Indy show building looking sad, and a few days later, the tarp was down. Several folks here commented that they msut have been reading the comments, and decided to take the tarp down as a reaction. What they didn't know was that this was a scheduled maintenance item that was on the schedule months in advance. Right now, I can start a thread about [insert favorite attraction here] needing maintenance, and if the thread goes on long enough, eventually, the clock will strike 12 and that attraction will go down for maintenace. Not because of the thread, but because it's time for its scheduled maintenance.

• I'm not really here

The DTD survey people are the same department as the in-park survey people. All I can tell you about them, though, is that they've got really cool tablet PC's, and I wish I had one!!
    Most recently we were midway down Main Street. Had to move half-way through the survey to avoid being run over by a horse. One of the questions was (roughly) "Do you frequent any of these sites for Disney information?" Disney.com, MiceChat, etc, etc were on the list. There were about 10 options. I've been asked that 3 times now.

We always try to answer the questions for those guys since most people seem to avoid them like they are carriers of the plague.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hot FIRE!

mycroft got it pretty much right, imo.

There are several CM's like myself who come here from time to time (and some like myself who have been lurker here since before we were CM's). It stands to reason that a few of those CM's are supervisorial, managerial or executive. But when CM's come here, they aren't coming as part of their job or role. They're simply coming here for their own leisure, just like everyone else. The only department that might check out blogs as part of their job function are media cm's, but that's usually limited to sharing information with the public, and not gathering information from the public.

Having myself worked off and on with media in previous jobs, I can tell you this typically would not be the case, be it for Disney or any other organization. This is simply due to the fact that blogs aren't usually acurate representations of consumer temperature. In the case of DL Resort, most input comes directly from polling guests at the resorts.
    Exactly. Great way to get feedback on the spot. Many big companies that use consumer feedback use a separate division who is dedicated to gathering information of all kinds. Disney I know is no different and this is why you have those CMs doing the surveys everyday just as you enter the gates. A place like this while can be helpful is not the full majority of guests. this is but one site part of many others that information can be gathered from...that is not to say though that this site isn't ignored.

While I may not gather information like the CMs at the front of the parks do, I still like to ask simple questions to guests. A simple "how was your day?" can open up to good feedback.

...seriously

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Funny you mentioned about Disney visiting MC:

YouTube - World of Color Meet-Up Part 4 of 7: Steve Davison, VP of Parades and Spectaculars

Even Steve Davison and the crew read the boards during WoC test sessions. I wouldn't doubt that they read any of the Disney Park fansites, espicially this site since a lot of us tend to be critical of certain things.
    I found this enlightening, but his comments suggests he reads fansites for his amusement rather than anything about improving WOC for the customer's benefit. He does keep saying he reads them all, which comes across as patronizing (but that's just me).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I found this enlightening, but his comments suggests he reads fansites for his amusement rather than anything about improving WOC for the customer's benefit. He does keep saying he reads them all, which comes across as patronizing (but that's just me).
    Speaking as someone who knows well the look, sound and smell of Disney Corporate patronization, IMO Steve Davison has been, is, and almost certainly will be for the rest of his working life, free of that habit.

What he said at the head of the piece about turning over one's project to the audience is pure truth. Regardless of your title or position, if your creative heart has gone into a project, if you've lived and breathed the project, the approach of the moment when your feedback ceases to be exclusively from your peers and employers -- the moment when you hand your work (and yourself) to your audience -- is like being launched into another zone. It's a mix of emotions from excitement to dread. You both want to read your reviews -- any reviews -- and dread them. For those of us who make our living from that process, regardless of the project, Steve's words and manner on that video, in that venue, ring totally true.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Aashee: Why do they spend "millions having those people with electronic clipboards ask what customers think?" First, they don't spend "millions". Second, they don't ask what you think. They ask you specially designed questions to elicit a specific type of response for a specific goal. Trust me, when there is a meeting of the suits, they do not sit around and say: "I was reading michchat, and Aashee said......". Sorry.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast