Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Disney Executives on MiceChat?

What do you think the probability that Disney executives/imagineers come on MiceChat as well as other Disney forums to get ideas and see what people really think?

I honestly feel that if I were one of those people, I would find the ideas/thoughts/reviews/comments/topics/pictures that people here post, invaluable. Why not come here to where the most die-hardest-of-fans post these things to get insight into the parks/movies/games/tv shows?

What do you think?
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney Executives on MiceChat?

They definitely do visit the boards. However, it's not to get ideas. They have their own people for that. But to see what people are saying about things, gauge feelings and emotions with regards to something... possibly. To laugh at the ridiculous theories we come up with about things, almost 100% certain about that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    They definitely do visit the boards. However, it's not to get ideas. They have their own people for that. But to see what people are saying about things, gauge feelings and emotions with regards to something... possibly. To laugh at the ridiculous theories we come up with about things, almost 100% certain about that.
    Well I don't mean just brand new ideas, more or less different ideas about everything, or about how to change things. I know they have Imagineers, but I think that actual park-goers can have wonderful suggestions that sometimes actually will make the parks much better.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

100% correct on your last line Mycroft16. I've put a couple of friends at the studio on MC to see some specific threads, met w/ mixed interest and some laughter too.

As a well-known fim director once told me in an interview - "there is a reason there are no suggestion boxes outside of the studio's gates."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

I don't think they spend anytime reading the boards. It would be a waste of their valuable time. It's the same as reading the gossip columns. Most stuff is hyperbole or irrelevant. It doesn't change how they do their jobs. They are too far along to do anything about the complaints or concerns. Usually the complaints come after they already figured out a solution. Sometimes when the rumor mill reaches a crescendo, they'll react. For minor stuff, it is water off their back.
    Last edited by StevenW; 04-15-2011 at 10:58 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I don't think they spend anytime reading the boards. It would be a wait of their valuable time. It's the same as reading the gossip columns. Most stuff is hyperbole or irrelevant. It doesn't change how they do their jobs. They are too far along to do anything about the complaints or concerns. Usually the complaints come after they already figured out a solution. Sometimes when the rumor mill reaches a crescendo, they'll react. For minor stuff, it is water off their back.
    Agreed about having to wade through the hyperbole and irrelevance, but only an absolute fool would completely disregard the massive amounts of free market research one would find on message boards.

You called?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    As a well-known fim director once told me in an interview - "there is a reason there are no suggestion boxes outside of the studio's gates."
    No suggestion boxes should be in the studios. Look at how "Mars Needs Moms" did. Most projects fail to earn their
    budgets back.

"Tron" managed to do well. This is the case where fanboys got their wish.

• Senior Minion

I don't think they spend anytime reading the boards. It would be a wait of their valuable time. It's the same as reading the gossip columns. Most stuff is hyperbole or irrelevant. It doesn't change how they do their jobs. They are too far along to do anything about the complaints or concerns. Usually the complaints come after they already figured out a solution. Sometimes when the rumor mill reaches a crescendo, they'll react. For minor stuff, it is water off their back.
    Mm hm.

And you know all this... how?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Why would they listen to our ideas anyway? We're the ones who gripe about every little thing (repaving Main Street, paint chipping on monorail columns, *rages about Nemo*), yet keep coming back anyway. They got our money already, it's the tourists and casual fans they want to bring in.

^^ Because the guest is always right and we at MiceChat are the consummate guests.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ozmacity View Post
    What do you think the probability that Disney executives/imagineers come on MiceChat as well as other Disney forums to get ideas and see what people really think?
    mycroft got it pretty much right, imo.

There are several CM's like myself who come here from time to time (and some like myself who have been lurker here since before we were CM's). It stands to reason that a few of those CM's are supervisorial, managerial or executive. But when CM's come here, they aren't coming as part of their job or role. They're simply coming here for their own leisure, just like everyone else. The only department that might check out blogs as part of their job function are media cm's, but that's usually limited to sharing information with the public, and not gathering information from the public.
    I honestly feel that if I were one of those people, I would find the ideas/thoughts/reviews/comments/topics/pictures that people here post, invaluable.
    Having myself worked off and on with media in previous jobs, I can tell you this typically would not be the case, be it for Disney or any other organization. This is simply due to the fact that blogs aren't usually acurate representations of consumer temperature. In the case of DL Resort, most input comes directly from polling guests at the resorts.

Yes they probably visit the site, but it's doubtful that they view our opinions to be equal to that of the majority of their guests. Around the time they ruined Spaceship Earth, I realized I was no longer the target market of the company.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    The only department that might check out blogs as part of their job function are media cm's, but that's usually limited to sharing information with the public, and not gathering information from the public.
    Or perhaps trying to spin a rumor or marketing message that's been poorly received by the public. Besides, nothing says they have to be company employees. Maybe they hire independent bloggers who are avid Disney fans to do their work. I'd like to hear StevenW's thoughts on that.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Banned User

No suggestion boxes should be in the studios. Look at how "Mars Needs Moms" did. Most projects fail to earn their
    budgets back.

"Tron" managed to do well. This is the case where fanboys got their wish.
    You do know the reasons behind MNM, right?

Ended up being way more expensive, kinda didn't look good 1/2 way through, but they spend so much on the technology they were kind of strapped to finish it. At least they made money back, instead of scrapping the multi-million dollar film and lose it all.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast