Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Easter At Disneyland

does anything or anyone special come out for Easter Sunday? Like Rabbit? or Br'er rabbit? I thought I should ask because I don't wanna miss any rare characters!

• Always Dreaming

Re: Easter At Disneyland

Actually, on that note, is it crowded? Not that it really matters to me, just wondering. I don't celebrate Easter and Sunday is my designated Disney day lol
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

It's has crowded as any given sunday. At least that is what I remember last year when wev went.

• Still lost in Neverland

It's pretty much nothing now days. Back in the 1950's Disneyland went all out for Easter Sunday. They had old fashioned Easter Parades where guests could come to the Park in their Victorian finest and they had an afternoon parade where Car Collectors would bring their old 1900's era cars and dress the part. One year they even had old fashioned air balloons (you know, the ones that are huge and have baskets under them to carry people) and they would go up outside Disneyland in the back and then float around above the Park during the Parade. They passed out Easter Eggs and candy to the kids at the entrance. This was well before pin trading so there were no Easter Day Pins. If anything that is what will happen. They may give out a free Easter Day Pin at the entrance (They usually give out a free Earth Day pin with Jimminy Cricket) so an Easter Pin with Thumper would be appropriate or The White Rabbit. I think those are the only two Disney Bunnies that would fit. Brer Rabbit is definitely not and Easter Bunny. He is my favorite Disney Rabbit but he just does no fit the part. Too rambunctious and wild. That's why I like him best. Roger Rabbit could do it, but Spielberg would probably want his dime to use his character (Spielberg owns the right to Roger Rabbit in case you did not know that. It's why you hardly see the character in the Park anymore. Everyone wants their cut.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Embrace the kitsch!

I remember the Thumper's Easter Egg Hunt game they used to have. It started w/ little mini Easter gardens set up throughout the park. You'd get a number at the gate and during your day, try to find the garden w/ that number. When you found the garden, you turned in your number card for an Easter egg and opened it to find a prize, which was usually a meal ticket or a coupon for souvenirs.
    Yet another entry on the long list of things I wish DL still did.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Infinitized!

Do they have any Easter parades still? I thought I remembered seeing one on TV many years ago.

Sound like Easter needs a boost at the park like Halloween has gotten.

And Earth Day falls on Good Friday this year, so... any African Cats/Disneynature promos planned for the park next week?

Yknow its really too bad Resurrection Sunday isn't a big thing at Disneyland. It can't be about offending non-Christian religions or atheists because they still have the candlelight processionals at DLR and WDW as well. The processional tells the birth of Christ and covers the Christmas story along with traditional Christmas songs.

So, why can't there be a Resurrection Sunday celebration with great songs and the story of Christ's resurrection?
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• Little Green Man

I've been there on Easter a couple of times and I seem to remember it wasn't quite as busy as other days on Spring Break. But this is just my memory.

My kids were excited to see Rabbit out among the Pooh characters in Critter Country.

Other than that I don't remember anything out of the ordinary going on.

• Banned User

I can only dream.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    It's pretty much nothing now days. Back in the 1950's Disneyland went all out for Easter Sunday. They had old fashioned Easter Parades where guests could come to the Park in their Victorian finest and they had an afternoon parade where Car Collectors would bring their old 1900's era cars and dress the part. One year they even had old fashioned air balloons (you know, the ones that are huge and have baskets under them to carry people) and they would go up outside Disneyland in the back and then float around above the Park during the Parade. They passed out Easter Eggs and candy to the kids at the entrance. This was well before pin trading so there were no Easter Day Pins. If anything that is what will happen. They may give out a free Easter Day Pin at the entrance (They usually give out a free Earth Day pin with Jimminy Cricket) so an Easter Pin with Thumper would be appropriate or The White Rabbit. I think those are the only two Disney Bunnies that would fit. Brer Rabbit is definitely not and Easter Bunny. He is my favorite Disney Rabbit but he just does no fit the part. Too rambunctious and wild. That's why I like him best. Roger Rabbit could do it, but Spielberg would probably want his dime to use his character (Spielberg owns the right to Roger Rabbit in case you did not know that. It's why you hardly see the character in the Park anymore. Everyone wants their cut.
    wow that was incredibly helpful!! Thankyou! Are the Pins like actual trader pins? or like the big "family reunion" type pins?

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post

I can only dream.....
    AWW! That looks so awesome! Damn other Disneylands! We're the original! We should get the better things in life! haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Do they have any Easter parades still? I thought I remembered seeing one on TV many years ago.

Sound like Easter needs a boost at the park like Halloween has gotten.
    I like how DLR does the bare minimum, if anything at all, TDR usually has a separate parade, and WDW is having a pre-parade Easter Cavalcade Easter Bunny Hops Into Town April 17 at Magic Kingdom Disney Parks Blog
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

What a fabulous parade, I would love to see it in person. I just don't understand why Disneyland doesn't seem to get the wonderful parades like some of the other parks....after all it is where the magic all started.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Beach Girl View Post
    What a fabulous parade, I would love to see it in person. I just don't understand why Disneyland doesn't seem to get the wonderful parades like some of the other parks....after all it is where the magic all started.
    Maybe if they didn't have 1,000,000 (and climbing) prepaid admissions, they would have to try harder to give people new reasons to come back every year.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

OMG I love those toy story/monster inc easter eggs in that video!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast