Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    No it will never capture the magic. The only solution is to take the loss, tear it down(or at least most of it) and turn it into either Westcot, Disney's America, or MGM Studios.
    Curiously, I find the Disney/MGM Studios in Orlando to not be very "magical" either. Sure, you can have a good time there, but somehow it reminded me of....DCA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    Curiously, I find the Disney/MGM Studios in Orlando to not be very "magical" either. Sure, you can have a good time there, but somehow it reminded me of....DCA.
    MGM has some great rides (ToT and RnRC) and great shows (Beauty, Fantasmic!, Indianna Jones stunt show, voyage of the little mermaid, animation).... But the studio stuff? What a waste of space.

Disney does best when it focuses on pleasing its guests, and worst when it focuses on stealing guests from the competition through poor imitation.

• Hooterville, USA

Take DCA, and call it California land. Incorporate it into DL, and poof, no more problemo. That way Disney would have flexibility to try other things that normally wouldn't fly in DL. Problem solved.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I haven't read through this entire thread...and it occured to me to keep the name Disney's California Adventure, however, use it to tell the story of Disney and his adventure becoming the man he is/was.

Disney wanted a park that his daughters could go to that was clean and safe. He felt the sea-side attractions were dirty and such. Use each region to build from the early boardwalk days and attractions to the 1955 Disney era and beyond. I.E. Hollywood Backlot circa 1950's...I'm sure some rethemeimg of areas would be required, but the Bountiful Farm area could be like Disneys home with his little train he had and it could provide in park transportation.

Disneyland is what 55 acres? DCA is 45 approximately? The parking lot was 100 acres..use that area...build a twin parking structure next to Mickey and Friends. Give the park some depth and create a berm. You hit California Screamin and bam! nothing beyond it but the convention center and power lines.

Transportation to and from the park is a must. It is tiresome to walk from Toontown all the way to esplanade to Screamin'. As mentioned in the Skyway to DCA thread the PM 2.0 is a means for this. SF has the BART system. Design a BART like car with a futuristic twist and have it deliver people near the SF Bay Bridge. Guests who want to transfer to DCA would be in a different colored cart and a cast member could switch tracks to exit the park just out of the Innoventions building and parallel the monorail track over to DCA and back. Guests that don't want to stop at DCA continue on the exisiting PM track. Those coming back from DCA enter into the park and continue on to the exisiting track back to the TL station.

DCA has a lot of potential but making it about California is all wrong, but perhaps about Disney and his life and accomplishments in California and how we arrived where Disney is today with perhaps some new and epic rides in parking lot behind Screamin'.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• șoș Tom șoș

I agree with a lot of XterraceEmp...

Where is the history of Disney and his connection to California? Didn't he move here from Kansas and hence the facaide of Main Street USA is based on his hometown? So why not focus on Walt's connection to Hollywood. Focus on his connection to Orange County. I don't know exactly how to go about achieving this by far greater minds than my own excute these plans...I just suggest em. Or resuggest them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123