Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Animator

Heartless Invasion Day - May 15th

For years, the Magic Kingdom has lay far from the reach of darkness. Its citizens have lived cheerfully unaware of the forces that lurked outside its gates, and its rulers have made no attempt to remind their subjects of the neverending struggle between Light and Dark that has occupied the Keymaster Sora since 2002. But they can hide it no longer. For the barrier is about to break, and the shadows will finally have their chance to invade.

Please excuse the corny intro.

Well it started out as a desire to get an awesome photo of a group of ten-or-so people dressed in black with those fleece Heartless hats pretending to storm Sleeping Beauty Castle. But then I figured, hey, this could be a cool opportunity for a Kingdom Hearts fan gathering at Disneyland! After all, it would be much more theme-appropriate than a Star Wars or Harry Potter gathering anyway.

And so it is, Heartless Invasion day at Disneyland, May 15th. A Kingdom Hearts fan get-together for any of you annual passholders, SoCal residents, or people with way too much free time and money.

Will it be big? Who knows. Will it be annual? Most likely not, especially if I'd have to plan the next one. I'm just putting it out there, and inviting anyone who wants to come along.

So if you've got a Heartless Hat, bring it! And be sure to wear black. If you don't have a Heartless Hat, but do have a sewing machine and a free afternoon, make one! If you have extra monies, buy one online! If you don't have any of those things, be creative, or just come wearing black. I'll bring along some extra shadow-heartless hats of my own making, but I won't have too many so don't count on getting one.

I'm thinking of just meeting up on Main Street near the stairs to the Train Station around 2:00pm. We can wait for people to filter in and chat about stuff, and maybe at 2:30pm we can go around and take some group photos of the invasion force at work - at the train station, the castle, or maybe around Tom Sawyer's Island. Whatever seems cool to you guys. Then afterward we could all go on a ride or two together, and then disperse whenever we like. Just a chill get-together.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. See you there, and keep checking this topic for updates!
    Last edited by AcmePunched; 04-18-2011 at 09:32 PM.

• Future Animator

Re: Heartless Invasion Day - May 15th

Also, does anyone have any ideas about where else I could post this? I don't happen to be a member of any Kingdom Hearts forums.

• Destruction is Inevitable

Count me in. This sounds pretty interesting and fun, especially since i would have to get creative and get make the hat.

• Future Animator

Cool! Hope to see you there!

I've been thinking of putting together a little tutorial of the way I've made my hat for the people who want ideas for making their own.. Might take a while though.

• Future Animator

I'm gonna give this thread a little bump.

Funny - when I made a post here just THINKING about doing this, there was a whole lot more replies. :P

• The Pirate Girl

... if I'm not working, count me in haha. Or if I am working... I hope to see you all around then!
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

God, I wish I could be there for this! sadly, I live far, far away from Disneyland. But still, its always fun to find more Kingdom Hearts fans on Mice chat! Come to think of it, the last two guest features on RandySavage's blog had Kingdom hearts themed attractions, maybe we really are invading.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Future Animator

Niice.

• My turn

Hey I'm free that day!
    Hmm, now I'm debating whether I should wear my Kingdom Hearts shirt (of course) or my Maleficent one?

• Future Animator

Ooh, that's a hard one... I'd flip a coin.

• Future Animator

So for the people who want to come - any photo location requests?

• certified llama of love

what a great idea! That's also the day of the super meet after gumball. count me in...though I have no idea if I'll splurg and get myself a hat or just wear my KH tshirt. I think it would be awesome if we could get a group photo on the deck of the columbia plus it gives some more chit chat kickback time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    drphibes is high on technicolor all the time and refuses to keep his colors in the pants.

Im totally interested. Would be a great photo op if there were a ton of people in heartless hats and one person dressed as sora or roxas. Heartless on the boat and sora/roxas trying to get on.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Awesome! I won't be there unfortunately, but I'd suggest taking photos in front of every scene in the games... like something from Tron, Aladdin, Alice, etc.

I do have to say that I'm slightly embarassed to say that I haven't finished the 2nd game because I don't want it to end!

• My turn

I have a friend who's working on a Kairi cosplay and already has the wig. She's already worn it at the park, so if you'd like I could ask her to do the same if she's available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast