Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Had an interesting Space Mountain experience. Rocket turned left instead of right

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfish View Post
    The heavier the rocket is, the faster it goes. At some point, it just becomes too fast and unsafe. We rode it once with a bunch of big guys and the CM (friend of ours) told us we made the cutoff by 20 pounds. Definitely the most fun we've ever had on Space Mountain
    I can totally see that, given that it's completely gravity-driven. Nice to know they're looking out for us . And they re-did Small World because of the overweight guest issue. You'd get stuck and have to pull your boat along the side, which was kind of funny.

• The magic is in the shoes

Re: Had an interesting Space Mountain experience. Rocket turned left instead of right

What if you took a ton of hidden food on and once you got past the scales you ate it all the way up the star tunnel? And you were already on a heavy rocket? Like someone said above, they barely made it by 20 pounds..

/\ ???

Quote Originally Posted by jibnut View Post
    What if you took a ton of hidden food on and once you got past the scales you ate it all the way up the star tunnel? And you were already on a heavy rocket? Like someone said above, they barely made it by 20 pounds..
    Where can I purchase this food that has no weight until it is ingested? I feel like I've been missing out on this modern marvel of science.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    This happened to me and my friend last year. We were fixing to to on our way and then the train suddenly went left. It didn't go that far in like in that video... just far enough in that so that we'd be out of the way of the trains behind us. A larger gentleman in front of us turned around and said "Sorry!" I'm guessing he felt he was the cause of the detour. I don't recall if we all got on a new train or if some of us got on a different one, but we were able to ride before long.
    that could have been me. i have had that happen about three times. my friends told me the cm said there was a problem with the lap bars but I did not want to chance another turn to the left. so i let them ride alone.
    Last edited by sonsofthunder; 04-18-2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammical error

I was at DL a week ago and the train I was on got sent around twice! The train went past the
    boarding gates and stopped at the part with the woman in the window. We couldn't get out there, so the operator sent us around again! Me and my friend bragged about our oddly good luck to the rest of the group.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I've turned left a couple times but it don't go as far down as what those people in the vid do. Also once we were stopped where the lapbars are checked and they removed one couple and I saw them be directected around to line up for another rocket and we were allowed to continue without the rest of us getting off. The ride was down at that time but it was the quick down where they didn't have to evacuate the ride completely and we were actually moving within a minute or two of that happening. I believe the ride had been down for a few minutes already and we happened to be next to get on so they had that brief "leisurely loading" time while getting the last of the stuck rockets back around and out if I remember correctly.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MiaMo View Post
    I was at DL a week ago and the train I was on got sent around twice! The train went past the
    boarding gates and stopped at the part with the woman in the window. We couldn't get out there, so the operator sent us around again! Me and my friend bragged about our oddly good luck to the rest of the group.
    Yes I believe this happens if they have a few trains that took too long to unload/load. They will send a train thru for a second run without unloading to prevent a cascade shutdown.

This happened to us one time. We went right thru the station to the lap bar check station and the CM asked us if we wanted to go again. Of course we all said YES.
    I guess if we said no they would have routed the train to the maintenance area for unload.

This has happened in the past and it is the reason why my boyfriend refuses to go on anymore. The CM made him feel like really bad about himself, because of his long legs the lap bar covered but his knee poked out a half an inch and she through a big fit about it and was REALLY rude. I of course reported her but even still.

• The magic is in the shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeedai Infidel View Post
    Where can I purchase this food that has no weight until it is ingested? I feel like I've been missing out on this modern marvel of science.
    Disneyland food goes straight thru you...

especially pizza port.

As a "pooh sized" chap myself (very Pooh!), I'm surprised this left turn has never happened to me. As for the lap bars, I have never really pulled them very far, sometimes barely over my knee and never had a CM blink twice. Weird.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Running the maximum amount of trains only gives them a 20ish second window for load/unload (assuming normal weight of a train). If that train is too heavier, the window gets cut. The 20sec. window is barely doable as is. Also pulling off the train saves them some time.
    -Monorail Man

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Crazy I never knew about this....you learn something everyday.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by MiaMo View Post
    I had that happen to me about a year ago. The Cast Member asked if we wanted to go on again and we all screamed yes. I got a funny feeling being able to stay on it was like Deja Vu for me.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yup, I made the left turn to Fatsville once. Kinda interesting especially for a Disneydork like me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast