Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Had an interesting Space Mountain experience. Rocket turned left instead of right

Space Mountain is engineered to be a difficult attraction to operate since there are more rockets being juggled in space than there are positions in the station.

I'm surprised emergency stops don't occur more often because passengers really do only have 20 seconds to board the rockets and alight from the them or the whole mountain shuts down.

Re: Had an interesting Space Mountain experience. Rocket turned left instead of right

Oh, I forgot about the recently-added sliding table. That might relieve some of the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Space Mountain is engineered to be a difficult attraction to operate since there are more rockets being juggled in space than there are positions in the station.
    And that is why its a 2nd or 3rd attraction for CMs to learn. It is a hard attraction to run and the CMs have to be prepared to act quickly to prevent cascades (when there are too many rockets in the loading area and the ride E-stops). It takes a lot of hard work to keep that attraction running, and the people running it do a great job.

It's not the weight of one rocket that matters. It also depends on the weight of the rocket that is in front of it. If the one before you is light, and yours is heavy, then you may be taken off. It's the weight difference between the 2 rockets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123