Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• The 3D Efect.

re: Marvel characters starting in the summer of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    no thanks. they shouldn't be put in anywhere. they need to sell it back.
    I agree 100% The only Marvel characters I like are the -Men but I don't want them in the park. Ship them to back where they came from.

•   
    • Seasick

Rumours of Marvel characters making their way into Disney parks is nothing new.

"A cast member told me..." really does not make this rumour any more or less valid than it already is.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Down Pluto!

Please God, NO!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• soon i will grow up

How is this any different then having Indiana Jones, or Star Wars Characters in Disneyland? Same idea, we are just used to seeing those faces there but in no way is there a REAL connection to Disney. It's just another quality brand that happens to kinda fit in an existing land.

Weren't there even talks about getting the rights to Harry Potter? I wonder if they regret that decision, could have worked at the WDW Studios Park.

Personally, I'd love to see anything Tony Stark in Tomorrowland. I'd even like to hear that song that the Sherman Brothers wrote for Iron Man 2, “Make Way for Tomorrow Today”. They are smart and will figure a smooth was to slide them in somewhere. Times like this is when we you need to tone down the snob factor. Marvel is a great brand to own, they would be dumb to buy it and not promote it in the Parks somehow.

There will always be issues with Disney trying to get some of their more contemporary property in the parks, and so there will always be times when things are less then perfect thematically. But Disney also can't ignore exploiting characters that are popular and successful. This is the issue with using the Disney Channel shows and movies in the park, there is no area they fit into.

But with some creativity Marvel characters can fit in the park like DCA if they are contained in there own space in the same way that the Disney Jr. show has a period themed entrance, but the show inside is contemporary.

My ideas...

- Marvel (Timely) Comics office in HollywoodLand: A group of guest is ushered into a period comic office where you meet an editor or artist in the Marvel (Timely) Comics who gives you and introduction. Somehow it is revealed that they employee is really a mystical character in disguise who opens a portal in the room. As the group walks through the portal, guest see a montage of both classic and modern images of the classic superheros and video projections using motion graphics/motion comics techniques. When you exit out of the portal you are in a classic back alley setting. As you walk by building are slowly shifting from comic art (projected on them to a real setting). Here guests can meet Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Wolverine and many other heroes and villains as they walk through a comic book city.

The comic book arm of the company started in 1939 as Timely Publications, and by the early 1950s had generally become known as Atlas Comics. Marvel's modern incarnation dates from 1961, with the company later that year launching Fantastic Four and other superhero titles created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and others.[3]
    - Paradise Pier side-show: Outside we see banners advertising the Half Man-Half Spider, the Stretching Man, the Invisible Women, the Canadian Wildman, the Man made of Rocks, etc. Inside could be a show, interactive experience, or meet and greet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stoan View Post
    How is this any different then having Indiana Jones, or Star Wars Characters in Disneyland? Same idea, we are just used to seeing those faces there but in no way is there a REAL connection to Disney. It's just another quality brand that happens to kinda fit in an existing land.

Weren't there even talks about getting the rights to Harry Potter? I wonder if they regret that decision, could have worked at the WDW Studios Park.

Personally, I'd love to see anything Tony Stark in Tomorrowland. I'd even like to hear that song that the Sherman Brothers wrote for Iron Man 2, “Make Way for Tomorrow Today”. They are smart and will figure a smooth was to slide them in somewhere. Times like this is when we you need to tone down the snob factor. Marvel is a great brand to own, they would be dumb to buy it and not promote it in the Parks somehow.
    The Fantastic Four would fit in Tomorrowland pretty well too. In fact there new revamp (and death of Johnny Storm) has the team as a foundation that is looking to the future in their bright white costumes.

• Down Pluto!

Times like this is when we you need to tone down the snob factor.
    And insulting people who think this is a horrific idea will convince them otherwise - exactly how?
    Mayhaps you need to tone down your love for the truly bizarre in a Disney park at times like this.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Banned User

you're absolutely right, but the problem is those DO fit into an existing land. X-Men, Spider-Man...etc, don't fit anywhere, and therein lies the concern. Also, because each of these series has such an extensive universe (in some cases literally) of characters, it's like information overload to audiences. Both Disney parks are set in specific time periods. This is why it's so hard for them to make Pixar fit, because they deal almost solely with contemporary stories, except for Wall-E.

• film975

I'm sorry but Marvel is just not Disney. No matter who owns them. Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Adventure came at time when Disney wasn't producing much of their own content. And George Lucas has had a partnernship with Disney ever since. But please no Marvel characters in the parks. I go to Disney to see Disney not Marvel.

• Minion

Many of the insiders on this board have said that Marvel is NOT coming to the DLR.

Marvel may be incorporated into the new Shanghai park and maybe the Studios parks, but definitely not anywhere in the Disneyland Resort.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Everything today is about what's marketable to kids and what they'll react to. Instead it should be about educating them with GOOD, quality attraction that fit a theme. As a child I would not have wanted to see these characters at Disney, and I would have understood how little sense it made. Now, kids entertainment is so bad and dumbed down anything goes.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

I'll just hope that this stays at the rumor stage. But otherwise, put the Marvelites in Shanghai Disneyland, far way from Anaheim.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah......I see how Vader fits into Tommorrowland but not Ironman.....

How the Increadbles fit Hollywoodland but not Spiderman or the Hulk

Or how a Giant Talking Mouse or Duck fits into Main Street but not Captain America....

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Many of the insiders on this board have said that Marvel is NOT coming to the DLR.

Marvel may be incorporated into the new Shanghai park and maybe the Studios parks, but definitely not anywhere in the Disneyland Resort.
    I think the best approach for DLR in this case is a Marvel Store in Downtown Disney. You can have Meet and Greets and special Marvel themed events without requiring park admission and without compromising the integrity of Disney park theming. But I can only imagine the suits thinking they won't make enough money unless they're somewhere inside the park gates.

I think Marvel fits perfectly into Universal Studios. Disney needs to GIVE IT BACK.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast