Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Marvel characters starting in the summer of 2012

While at the park on friday waiting in line to see Minnie Mouse at her house with my son a cm told me that starting in the summer of 2012 Marvel comic characters will be appearing in the parks. Now i am sure a few people will be upset by that but my son got so excited that he wanted to see Spider-man right then and there instead of Minnie Mouse but he has to wait if what the cm said is true. Summer of 2012 can't come soon enough for my son I for one can't wait either as seeing that i have been collecting Marvel comics for years.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

re: Marvel characters starting in the summer of 2012

Wouldn't be that big of a stretch. Marvel merchandise is already everywhere.

I'll be amused to see where they will be placed, and how they'll explain their presence.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• I'm not really here

I don't think you're going to see Spider Man at Disneyland any time soon. If anything they'll use the lesser well known characters from appropriate time periods. Disney has already said that they have thousands of less well known characters to exploit and bring to the front lines with comics. (Believe that was mentioned back around the time the purchase was made official).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Okay help me out here. Disney purchased the Marvel franchise and they can place Marvel characters in their theme parks. Would Disney actually place these characters in a non Hollywood type of environment?
    I love Marvel and grew up reading Spiderman, etc but how can you place him or any other Marvel character in a Disney park besides the likes of Mickey Mouse, Mary Poppins and Cinderella? It's just wrong. Also, how would having Marvel characters work at Disney parks when Universal has built entire theme parks devoted to them?
    God forbid the thought of a Marvel character in a Disneyland or Magic Kingdom parade. "Look, Billy! There's Donald Duck! And look on the next float Spiderman, Storm and Goofy! WOW!" Imagine the Christmas parades with Cinderella's wicked stepsisters trying the get dates to the ball by chasing Thor and the HULK! Drusilla, "Look Mother! He's so big and green!" REALLY!?
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

I just don't see Marvel attractions in Disneyland unless it fits in with a Tomorrowland update... which could very well happen along with a Tron E-ticket.

The only other simple and logical place to put Marvel themed anything is in DCA. Orr... that rumored Disneyland expansion.

That being said, I read rumors a while ago about Universal and DC even though DC is still currently with Six Flags.

Gross, I didn't even like Marvel comics as a kid. So... vulgur.

That'd be......strange...

They MIGHT fit in DCA but please don't put them in Disneyland

• Goofy

no thanks. they shouldn't be put in anywhere. they need to sell it back.

Boo to this. For some reason, I feel like it's easy for superhero-themed things to be cheap-looking when they are not well done (I guess this is true for any type of themed attraction). That's one of the reasons why I hate the Six Flags up here in New England; the DC Comics characters are just slapped up willy nilly. I hope there is significant planning involved as to how to integrate this new component of the company.

I don't like it... but if it's going to happen I hope it at least makes sense. Like snowsbeau said, I can't imagine Disney and Marvel characters mingling in a parade (shudder).

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by LordJonas View Post
    That'd be......strange...

They MIGHT fit in DCA but please don't put them in Disneyland
    I think it would be even worst if they went to DCA since all the lands are going to lose their contemporary theming. Not like it stopped Disney though from having those ridiculous Disney Channel shows in a Victorian themed area.

The only way this could work is if the Hollywoodland area keeps its contemporary theme instead of switching over to Golden Age 1930s.

Either way. God help us all when Marvel comes to the parks.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oy vey...

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• will-o-the-whip

Where are they already selling Marvel merchandise? That's a likely place for the characters to show up.

I think I might vomit on one of the Marvel characters if I see them in the park. My apologies in advance, it will be a reflex, visceral reaction.

• Banned User

Everything today is about what's marketable to kids and what they'll react to. Instead it should be about educating them with GOOD, quality attraction that fit a theme. As a child I would not have wanted to see these characters at Disney, and I would have understood how little sense it made. Now, kids entertainment is so bad and dumbed down anything goes.

• Banned User

I cant wait until Disney forces Universal to re-theme Marvel Island at IOA and stop selling Marvel stuff in Universal parks. Its a Disney franchise now, they didnt pay a billion dollars for these characters so Universal can use them! Come on Iger! get tough and get those characters out of Universal.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The only way this could work is if the Hollywoodland area keeps its contemporary theme instead of switching over to Golden Age 1930s.
    That's what I meant but I totally forgot about the change to the 30s

I was just trying to stay positive because it really makes me kind of sick inside hearing marvel associated with anything disney =(

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast