Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Marvel CEO Kevin Feige discusses Marvel in Disney Parks.

Marvel's Next Step: Disneyland - Movies News at IGN

Found this interesting article that discusses the head of Marvel's thoughts of incorporating Marvel into the Disney Parks.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: Marvel CEO Kevin Feige discusses Marvel in Disney Parks.

I for one welcome the inclusion of Marvel in the parks.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Once upon a dream

No!!! Keep them out

Thank you Solitary!

• Banned User

I welcome Marvel. Disney could do some really immersive theming with the brand.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    No!!! Keep them out
    Keep in mind, they aren't even remotely talking about putting X-men in Fantasyland, or Spiderman in New Orleans Square. They are discussing theme appropriate characters. And there is always the option for a park specifically for the marvel characters as well. Don't just dismiss it outright. I'm sure people, had there been a MiceChat back then, would have outright dismissed Star Tours and Indy as well as non-Disney, but look at them now... some of the most popular attractions.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

If done right, I am not opposed to this intrusion. Spiderman walking down the streets in Fantasyland? Not so much. Stark Expo Center taking over Innoventions? Yes please.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Keep in mind, they aren't even remotely talking about putting X-men in Fantasyland, or Spiderman in New Orleans Square. They are discussing theme appropriate characters. And there is always the option for a park specifically for the marvel characters as well. Don't just dismiss it outright. I'm sure people, had there been a MiceChat back then, would have outright dismissed Star Tours and Indy as well as non-Disney, but look at them now... some of the most popular attractions.
    Exactly. Disney is known best for immersing their guests into well-themed areas, and they do that perfectly with Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I don't see how superheros are any different. In fact, superhero stories have been apart of American culture as much as fairy tales and cowboys. I can see Disney doing great things with these characters in the future. I'm not even a huge fan of superheros and I'm really excited to see what happens.

• Once upon a dream

Even that way I still wouldn't want them in there.

Thank you Solitary!

• Future Indy Castmember

Precisley. And Marvel has plenty of material that Disney can work with. A Marvel Theme Park would be an excellent 3rd gate for DLR and that Stark Expo in Tomorrowland sounds like a great plan.

Disney knows better than to plug in random Marvel Characters in lands they don't belong in.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

For the love of G-d can you stop making sense! Really, just sap all the fun out of internet boards with your stupid facts and logic and reasoned posts. ;-)
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponADream View Post
    If done right, I am not opposed to this intrusion. Spiderman walking down the streets in Fantasyland? Not so much. Stark Expo Center taking over Innoventions? Yes please.
    I will second that!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    For the love of G-d can you stop making sense! Really, just sap all the fun out of internet boards with your stupid facts and logic and reasoned posts. ;-)
    LOL. I do apologize for that. I shall endeavor to add some lunacy to my posts in the future.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post

LOL. I do apologize for that. I shall endeavor to add some lunacy to my posts in the future.
    Mycroft, your like the Spock of MC.

Anyway, I think this Stark Expo idea in tomorrowland is a good start and tester. Both will work with the other perfectly.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Sounded more like hoping for a Marvel themed park, or land as opposed to randomly plugging them in.

• Shubisha

OMG the villain themed rollercoaster 3rd gate at DL/5th gate at WDW can be marvel themed finally!!!

=P

second thought:
    waaaa get pixar characters out of the park they're not disney even though disney paid for them to be created. *insert marvel characters* AHHHHHHHHHHHH bring back pixar characters!!!

my own thought:
    fine just don't do things like the cheesy fake biceps wolverine they did at the x-men restaurant at Universal Hollywood

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast