Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I feel like I am the only one here that finds Fantasmic lame...

I take it I am alone
    I just don't see the big deal.

• no flash photography...

Re: I feel like I am the only one here that finds Fantasmic lame...

no...you're not alone. I treid watchign it once. The spray from the river smelled bad and the show was boring. We left before it was over. I really don't understand the draw of it.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    I take it I am alone
    Sorry to say that you are in the minority on this one.

Fantasmic is one of the greatest mix media show ever made. The way it mixes, live actors, with movies footage, lights and fireworks…. It’s just great.

• Launch sequence engaged

Sure, it may not be for everyone, but a majority of people enjoy the show.

Every Disneyland guest is different of course, and I'm sure there are other people who don't like Fantasmic!

Of course, the majority people I know that have seen Fantasmic! at Disneyland seem to enjoy it (I haven't heard quite the same for the MGM version).

To each his own, but I love Fantasmic!
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    no...you're not alone. I treid watchign it once. The spray from the river smelled bad and the show was boring. We left before it was over. I really don't understand the draw of it.
    What!!! You should give it another chance. Its only 22 Minutes and the end is the best part.

That being said I think Fantasmic's time in its current state is just about up.

• See you there!

I take it I am alone
    Maybe you are not alone, though you are in a distinct minority.

I like F!, but, but I do wish that on some pre-arranged nights they would open Fronteerland and NOS as is was pre-F!. I really used to like strolling around NOS and ROA without someone sitting on every square inch. I also liked riding the MT after dark, especaiilly with a small band on board. Many years ago I used to dance on the second level of the MT when the band was playing.

No, I do not dislike F!, in fact I do like it, I just miss the area the way it was pre F!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

Well, I DO like that it takes the crowds away from the rides

• Certified in everything

I've been going to the park since before I can remember and I never felt the need to see it untill 6 months ago after joining this site. After reading all the amazing reveiws I decided that I should go and see it. To be honset it was kind of a let down. I'm not saying it wasn't good, I'm just saying I was so hyped up and expected so much.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Banned User

To be honest, I'm a huge F! fan now but in the beginning (Summer '04) when I first saw it I didn't think much of it. I don't remember seeing it for the second time but somewhere along the lines of my 2-5 times viewing it afterwards that Summer I started liking it. It had to grow on me whereas my long time AP friends had loved it since they were little. I don't know, maybe it'll grow on you if you give it a chance. And maybe you won't like it all. No big!

And yes by now I've at least seen it 50x but probably more towards 100x.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I dont like it for personal reasons, but I dont think it's a lame show. And if the crowds that line up every night it shows is any indication of it's popularity, it certainly isnt going away any time soon.

• Circle of Ancients

I like the show but the hassle you have to go through to see the show in a good spot isn't worth it.

I'm starting to feel that way about the Fireworks as well.

Dude, you are not alone!!! I too think that Fantasmic is dumb. No offense, everyone, but really, I'd rather watch the Snow White show.

Not to mention the traffic jams it causes and the people sitting on blankets in front of the Rivers of America for hours...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I take it I am alone
    Nah... you're not lame. I first saw this show at DMGM in '01 and liked it, but wasn't hyped to see it again. I've seen it a few times since then there...but more out of obligation to friends I was with than of my own choosing.

I saw it for the first time at Disneyland a few months ago. I was vacationing with friends and had I not been with them I most likely would have skipped it so I could see more of the park. Two out of our group of five really wanted to see it, so we did.

And, hey.. don't get me wrong, it's a good show... but not worth camping out for two hours (or even an hour.. or a half hour..) to see. I thought of many things I'd rather do instead.

I do think that the show at Disneyland was better than the one at DMGM. I really liked how it was organic in the park on the Rivers of America as opposed to a special ampitheater constructed for it like it is at DMGM.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I like the show but the hassle you have to go through to see the show in a good spot isn't worth it.

I'm starting to feel that way about the Fireworks as well.
    i feel the same. i love both F! & the fireworks, but sitting for 2 hours on cement doing nothing at DL is just not worth it to me. even though i go to DL all the time, i don't like to waste time sitting on the cement to save a spot to watch something. i prefer to dance around in my living room while i play the F! CD.
    <o>

• that's right!

No, I agree. It's not that I hate the show, but when you combine the facts that it doesn't really do much for me with the need to get there three hours early (not to mention the ridiculous traffic jam it creates for basically the whole night on that side of the park) I generally stay far, far away.

I hope the fireworks never get to be such a big deal, but they quickly are. You have to get there 45 minutes to an hour early to get the best spots (still better than Fantasmic, though) and it has started suffering from towel syndrome in which people put down a huge towel for the three of them and act surprised when people take offense to it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast