Thread: Military ID?

• Banned User

Military ID?

My parents are going to Disneyland this July!!!
    Yay!!!
    Anyways my father is active military and they plan on buying their tickets through the military discount...however my dad and mom only have military IDs...my siblings don't. Will my parents have to get them IDs or do they have to show them at all when entering the park?

Re: Military ID?

I don't know if this will help, but I used to work for the military as a civilian. we were allowed to buy the discounted tickets at the base morale and welfare office. these were actual tickets and we were never asked for ID's at the gate. these were good for the military, dependents and guests.

there were some promotions for free or deep discounted tickets for military personnel, with these they had to get a voucher at the base and these were exchanged at the ticket booths for the entry ticket, with these ID's were required.

I have been retired for several years so I don't know if there have been policy changes.

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Are you talking about the "Disney Salutes The Military" or just regular tickets purchased on base?? Either way, once the ticket has been purchased by a member of the military, any one may use the ticket as long as the military member is part of the group entering the park.

In other words, the military member can purchase tickets for anyone in their group entering the park and only 1 person in the group needs a military ID at the turnstile. I believe that the 3day - $99 tickets are limited to 6 per family (military member and spouse regardless of who purchases them) per year.

On a side note, I have a pass but have bought tickets for friends and family and no one has ever been checked for ID. But apparently the " $99 Salute Tickets" are being tracked by ID. Not sure how.

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Here's a like to the Disney salutes site in case you haven't heard of it.

Disney Parks Extends Special Offers for Military Families Disney Parks Blog

If you purchase them through the base, your fine. The purchaser has to be in the military.
    I grew up on Vandenberg and we always used the base to get tickets and the tickets were no different from the regular ones. Also, how come your siblings don't have IDs? How do they use the Base stores without the IDs?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Thumbs up Re: Military ID?

[QUOTE=pyttius;1056500288]Are you talking about the "Disney Salutes The Military" or just regular tickets purchased on base?? Either way, once the ticket has been purchased by a member of the military, any one may use the ticket as long as the military member is part of the group entering the park.

pretty much this.

I know I haven't posted here in forever, but my friends did this promotion during my birthday this January.

When I went with my family, we used to get military discounts through our friends, but now they're strict about checking military ID at the gates. Well, during my birthday trip, my friend with the ID bought the tickets at an Air Force Base, and they gave her papers to present at the front gates (along with an ID) where they will print out your tickets there on the spot. One ID is good for up to six people (including the person who the ID belongs to). Hope that helped!
    Last edited by OhOhSheila; 04-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pyttius View Post
    Are you talking about the "Disney Salutes The Military" or just regular tickets purchased on base?? .
    I think my mom is looking into the DSM tickets...but whatever is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Also, how come your siblings don't have IDs? How do they use the Base stores without the IDs?
    My dad doesn't work on a major base. There is a large one near by us but my parents live in the middle of no where and my siblings cant drive or anything so there is no big need yet.

So if we have our military family buy the ticket for us. but since they are still very active and can't attend with us.. How are we going to use the tickets? Is there any way around this?

I know this thread is about a month old, but I thought I'd answer in case anyone else searches with the same question.

In my experience, you do not need to show your military ID at the gate if the tickets have already been purchased through an ITT office on base. If you're trying to get the military discount at the park ticket window the day of, you'll need your ID then.

At least that was my experience when I forgot my ID during our trip (oops) and my retired parents forgot theirs on their trip about a month later (double oops, I guess scatter brains runs in the family?) They didn't require an ID since the tickets were bought from a military installation.
    "You may not realize it when it happens,
    but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

The DSM tickets are being treated differently than regular tickets sold by the ITT office on base. I was told specifically by Disneyland and the ITT office (we'll be using our DSM tickets next week), the person with the military ID must purchase the tickets AND be present at the turnstile for ACTIVATION of the tickets. Since one military ID can purchase 6 tickets, that one military ID can activate those 6 tickets. However, per Disneyland, once they are activated, the military ID doesn't have to be shown again. Since it's a 3 day park hopper, it's helpful if the military member wishes not attend one of those days with the other ticketholders.

I'll update, if you wish, when I return from our visit next week.

• Minion

i dont get it. so if I buy the $99 for 3 days I do have to have the Military ID?
    the thing is that the person buying the tickets isn't even going to DL.

• Mostly Harmless.

I know at WDW whenever I had a ticket from base they never asked for a military ID. Not saying DLR is the same or anything.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

The "Disney Salutes the Military" aka DSM, requires 1 military ID'ed person to go on the first day. Do not buy the $99 DSM tix if the military person cannot go with you. This discount is not the same as the regular tix for sale through the bases. That one can be used to enter without the military person with you.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pyttius View Post
    Here's a like to the Disney salutes site in case you haven't heard of it.

Disney Parks Extends Special Offers for Military Families Disney Parks Blog
    This is just great!!! Our military men and women are so important to us, and they deserve anything we can give back to them.