Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That one girl.

Quiet place to renew vows at DLR?

A friend is planning a trip for her parents to renew their vows at DL and she was asking me if there were any places in the park where they could hold a very casual "ceremony" for them. It would just be my friend, her 2 parents, her brother, and a minister. The only place I could think of would be the Wishing Well where they might be able to steal a few uninterrupted moments.

Do you have any other suggestions? Also would they need any special permissions to do this?
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• That one girl.

Re: Quiet place to renew vows at DLR?

This is the first time Mice Chat has let me down.

Nobody has any suggestions to help me?
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• rotten no-good kid

The Wishing Well is the only place I can think of, to be honest. It's very sweet and romantic. Maybe in a nook of New Orleans Square? I know there's an area that runs between stores at the very back and there are some stairs you can sit on...

I'm really drawing a blank. When the Disney Gallery was open I would have said go and have it up there on the patio, but I'm pretty sure that's been closed down for years.

Do they have a favorite dark ride?

It is my impression you can get in serous trouble for holding even a small ceremony and be kicked off property without a refund if caught without Disney's permission, the reason for this is because if they make the exception for you, more people would attempt to try to hold weddings, vow renewals, and want more and more people to be in the wedding party.. so Disney sort of has to nip it in the bud and have zero tolerance unless you go though Disney wedding planners... Sorry, if this is in-correct, PLEASE someone let me know not only for dontbecheekin's sake, but my knowledge as well for future reference!

Sorry! hope i'm wrong!

~Hatter

• formerly very helpful

Courtyard of Angels would be my top choice. Also, perhaps the back section of Hungry Bear Restaurant. Very rustic and peaceful.
    However, as has been said, check with DISNEY! I love the idea, but since it is private property, you have to go by their rules. Let us know how it goes and post pictures.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

On the top deck of the Mark Twain! That would be really pretty AND discrete.
    A signature should go here.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'm pretty sure that the DLR resort kind of frowns on this type of thing, that being said, with haste and stealth it could be pretty special.

I would love to do it at Blue Bayou next to the River.

I hear the Winnie the Pooh line is pretty quiet.

*dun dun ching*

But really, maybe the question isn't "where" but "when." The park dies down during certain hours. Late at night or when F! and WOC are showing (they suck in vast amounts of people).

I personally like that large stairwell over in New Orleans Square at night.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    It is my impression you can get in serous trouble for holding even a small ceremony and be kicked off property without a refund if caught without Disney's permission, the reason for this is because if they make the exception for you, more people would attempt to try to hold weddings, vow renewals, and want more and more people to be in the wedding party.. so Disney sort of has to nip it in the bud and have zero tolerance unless you go though Disney wedding planners... Sorry, if this is in-correct, PLEASE someone let me know not only for dontbecheekin's sake, but my knowledge as well for future reference!

Sorry! hope i'm wrong!

~Hatter
    I believe this is correct. I think the Disney wedding planners would have a plan for vow renewals as well. Plenty of people propose at Disneyland so it's not really the exchange that's a problem--I believe it's the minister that pushes it over the edge.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    I believe this is correct. I think the Disney wedding planners would have a plan for vow renewals as well. Plenty of people propose at Disneyland so it's not really the exchange that's a problem--I believe it's the minister that pushes it over the edge.
    Bummer. I think you're right... maybe if the minister isn't dressed like one it might be ok? But then again, that could be seen as trying to work the system or something like that.

Yes im not quite telling you to break the rules.. but if you happen to have a minister friend who would visit disneyland with you casually dressed, and you were on a vogue of the mark twain, and there just so happened to not be a CM around, i wouldnt see any harm in exchanging a few words on the 14min cruise... Im not saying.. im just saying.

~Hatter..

• Hooterville, USA

I would go in with several choices and play it by ear. You got some great ideas from here.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I would call Disneyland to ask if anything informal can be arranged. They might even allow it with ropes to block it off. I would think there are many empty spots that get little foot traffic like Main Street next to City Hall, or the Opera Hall. You must ask first. Don't attempt to sneak it in.

Or you can go do it at a hotel lawn area.

I heard a story on the Moustalgia podcast about how one of the hosts, Kristen renewed the vowes of a couple while they road Pirates of the Caribbean. Episode 53 - The Disney Gallery at Disneyland, and a vow renewal on... POTC!? in The Mousetalgia Podcast Forum

Maybe Kristen would be a good person to give you some ideas.

One night two summers ago I walk around the Grand Californian and they have a nice lounge on the second floor that was dead later in the evening, was romantic and had a nice view over into the huge lobby. It's not in the park, but it might be fine for three people to sit quietly together and talk.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Officially, I think Disney might object. If VERY discrete and not in the way of any guests, you might be OK. Some spots to consider - Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island, Magnolia Park (near Mansion and the New Orleans Train Station), the very far end of Fantasia Gardens (the old Motorboat Cruise Dock), Small World Mall Terrace.

However, I've just got to add that if there will be a minister reciting vows, etc, security will likely be on you pretty quickly where ever you go. Not because they are trying to be mean, but because it is a banned activity. Weddings and the like are very rare inside the park and very expensive.

The best way to go is to just treat it like a proposal. Just the couple and perhaps some friends and family without the minister. If the couple just walks to the magic spot and then stops and says a couple quick vows to each other, you'll be just fine. Also, if everyone is just dressed in normal clothes and you are on the deck of the Mark Twain just huddled around each other talking, no one is going to know or care if the couple is really reciting vows.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast