Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Re: The Market House stove is gone!

I've gotta agree that it might not have been the operators fault that the ECV hit the stove. My mother used one on our last visit to the park and when she would start to move forward the darn thing would suddenly shift into reverse. She'd have to hit the brakes and try again. It's possible this persons vehicle was being stupid and not the person herself. As for the stove, it'll be interesting to see if they choose to fix it and put it back, which I'm sure they can, or decide to fill the space with more merchandise. My vote would be for them to put it back but only because I like those added touches that transport the guests to another time.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• Hooterville, USA

Oh there's some serious stupid in our country. Just get into a car and watch the drivers around you.
    There's a reason that texting or calling on your phone is illegal. (You know who you are.) But it doesnt deter them. They're the ones that are sitting at a green light, or going 50 in the fast lane when everyone else is going 65.

Now use that scenario to people walking down Main Street. Same stupid. And it's not just young people either. It's becoming everyone!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Hairy Baby!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Now that is sad. what was an ecv doing in that space anyways? There are railings 80% around it and you can't cross thru. Don't tell me they were trying to play checkers.

• Hooterville, USA

^^^

Parallel parking?

• Banned User

^^^ I LOL'd. That is a good one!!
    (posted via micechat's new beta mobile site)

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Wow that gets me steamed. The stove even had railings to protect the thing and it still didn't prevent someone's stupidity. You would have to be inside the railing with the vehicle to do that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

I went into the Market House today for an update. They said the Market House is going under refurbishment in may and that they will bring the Stove back thru that. They rest assured me it is being worked on and is coming back either way. One CM even said "It better be coming back" haha. That's my kind of CM

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I went into the Market House today for an update. They said the Market House is going under refurbishment in may and that they will bring the Stove back thru that. They rest assured me it is being worked on and is coming back either way. One CM even said "It better be coming back" haha. That's my kind of CM
    That's good to hear.

• Closed Account

Something about this story just doesn't add up.

That stove is cast iron--I'm just not sure how it could have been damaged so extensively by a ECV in a confined space (i.e., there was no space for it to get up to "ramming speed"). Cast iron stoves are not known for their fragility.

I have to agree with Steve. That was no small stove and I am sure it was not light. I am sure they just wanted to refurb the outside or even give it more gold flake or other pant scheme. maybe remove some rusting that may have been occurring.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

That stove is cast iron--I'm just not sure how it could have been damaged so extensively by a ECV in a confined space (i.e., there was no space for it to get up to "ramming speed"). Cast iron stoves are not known for their fragility.
    Aww, consarn it, now see what you went n' did? Ruined a perfectly good ECV-bashin' with that gol-blasted logical thinkin' o' yers. Heck, th' least you coulda done is allowed as how since it's such a heavy stove, it musta been not just a stupid entitled ECV driver, but a big fat stupid entitled ECV driver.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• socal native

While I do not disagree with you about the cast iron being heavy and the issue of what the possible extensive damage could be, I merely reported what the CMs told me when I asked what happened to the stove. I admit I wasn't there, and no bashing was intended on my part. Ride on ECV users, I'll keep trying to dodge you!

• Closed Account

No worries, Elsa. Sometimes CMs just have their info wrong. Maybe by "damage," the CM was referring to something cosmetic, as opposed to structural damage.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    With all due respect, perhaps we shouldn't be turning anecdotal information into a condemnation. The person in the mobility device may not have been fully acclimated, or perhaps their vision was impaired as well. Or perhaps they were swerving to avoid some thoughtless person who bolted in front of them. Yes, people can be stupid, but it doesn't necessarily follow that this was an act of stupidity.
    While I'll admit, sometimes they may have a disability that may not enable them to properly control the device, or may not be that used to the controls of said device, I witnessed something on Friday that would totally make me see how this could happen.

Some broad was driving one of these motorized doohickeys and was actually trying to text at the same time. She drove the front end of her scooter right off the curb on Main Street. This chick was stuck half on the curb and half off. A cast member had to come help to get the thing level again. My wife and I were laughing about it for the next hour or so. One of the funniest things we ever saw.

The only way that I can see the scooter knocking over the stove is by looking at how close the legs are to the edge of the brick pedestal. It would just have to hit hard enough to scoot the stove just enough to push the legs over the edge, and gravity would do the rest. When a cast iron stove falls, it hits hard.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast