Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The Market House stove is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    No worries, Elsa. Sometimes CMs just have their info wrong. Maybe by "damage," the CM was referring to something cosmetic, as opposed to structural damage.
    Cm = tram driver who overheard the topic from two CM's working in Fantasyland while eating at the Inn-Between?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    ^^^

Parallel parking?

seriously!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Now that is sad. what was an ecv doing in that space anyways? there are railings 80% around it and you can't cross thru. don't tell me they were trying to play checkers.
    Yeah i want to know how a ECV can even get near the checkers table..

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Wow that gets me steamed. The stove even had railings to protect the thing and it still didn't prevent someone's stupidity. You would have to be inside the railing with the vehicle to do that.
    My thoughts Exactly!

• Sock Puppet

Something about this story just doesn't add up.

That stove is cast iron--I'm just not sure how it could have been damaged so extensively by a ECV in a confined space (i.e., there was no space for it to get up to "ramming speed"). Cast iron stoves are not known for their fragility.

Well maybe someone in a ECV rammed it by accident by backing up to get out the door or they hit it with a walking cane trying to get out of the ECV to order Coffee...

Did that stove ever work? Or just for decorations?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Some broad was driving one of these motorized doohickeys and was actually trying to text at the same time. She drove the front end of her scooter right off the curb on Main Street. This chick was stuck half on the curb and half off. A cast member had to come help to get the thing level again. My wife and I were laughing about it for the next hour or so. One of the funniest things we ever saw.
    Now that's the spirit! There's nothing like seeing some broad in a wheelchair run off the curb to bring the magic of mirth & merriment to a day at Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Now that's the spirit! There's nothing like seeing some broad in a wheelchair run off the curb to bring the magic of mirth & merriment to a day at Disneyland.
    It's not that we were laughing at the fact that some cripple in a motorized cart went off the edge. We were laughing at the dingy chick that was texting and wasn't paying attention to what she should have been doing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Well maybe someone in a ECV rammed it by accident by backing up to get out the door or they hit it with a walking cane trying to get out of the ECV to order Coffee...

Did that stove ever work? Or just for decorations?
    I doubt ramming it, even at full speed with a 300-pounder aboard, would cause any damage, except perhaps cosmetic.

Sure, it once worked. Maybe not in the Market House. And while we call it a stove, it's really a heater--no burners for cooking.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's not that we were laughing at the fact that some cripple in a motorized cart went off the edge. We were laughing at the dingy chick that was texting and wasn't paying attention to what she should have been doing.
    Gotcha. Cripples in motorized wheelchairs aren't funny. Dingy chick cripples in motorized wheelchairs who aren't paying attention to what they should be doing are a laff riot.

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Gotcha. Cripples in motorized wheelchairs aren't funny. Dingy chick cripples in motorized wheelchairs who aren't paying attention to what they should be doing are a laff riot.
    c'mon wiggins.

don't twist words. They more than likely weren't talking about a dingy crippled chick. Sure there's crippled people who are dingy in ECVs, then there's lazy folk who don't want to walk. It's a tender topic on either side. Best to ignore it and roll on.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Sure there's crippled people who are dingy in ECVs, then there's lazy folk who don't want to walk.
    Gotcha. Lemme see if I finally have this right: dingy crippled broads chicks people in ECVs who run off the curb aren't funny. Lazy broads chicks people who are in ECVs because they don't want to walk and who run off the curb because they aren't paying attention to what they should be doing are a laff riot.

Hey, you're right! I'm gigglin' already!

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Lets see so far we have....

By passing the word filter.

Off topic posts.

Condescending non PC tones. (Some broad, dingy chick, crippled, 300 pounder, etc)

And people who continue to keep the off topic, condescending stuff going by bringing it up over and over again rather than just letting it go and moving on.

Real close to either having the off topic stuff pruned or the thread moved. How about getting back on track and lose the derogatory remarks about our fellow members of humanity um before the content of this thread sinks any lower?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Just a side note. Someone with experience with ECV's told me that a disneyland ECV are not fast enough to knock something so large over. It would have to have been a privately owned ECV. They said they are much much faster than Disneyland's ECV.

• Sock Puppet

I doubt ramming it, even at full speed with a 300-pounder aboard, would cause any damage, except perhaps cosmetic.

Sure, it once worked. Maybe not in the Market House. And while we call it a stove, it's really a heater--no burners for cooking.
    oh ok! cool about the stove that it once did actaully work!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Something about this story just doesn't add up.

That stove is cast iron--I'm just not sure how it could have been damaged so extensively by a ECV in a confined space (i.e., there was no space for it to get up to "ramming speed"). Cast iron stoves are not known for their fragility.
    Gotta agree, I had a smaller version of this stove, and trust me, it took 3 men to move it (and mine was like half the size of this one)

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Now that is sad. what the heck was a ecv doing in that space anyways? there are railings 80% around it and you can't cross thru. don't tell me they were trying to play checkers.
    Yeah, I'm not sure an ECV could even fit through there. Unless the person was either driving straight for the stove, or backing straight up, I doubt they could even get close enough to hit the stove. Also, there are barrels between the stove and railing too, let alone people that could have been sitting in there playing checkers.

No worries, Elsa. Sometimes CMs just have their info wrong. Maybe by "damage," the CM was referring to something cosmetic, as opposed to structural damage.
    True, Elsa, no reflection on your post, just the knowledge or information of CM's sometimes

I really do hope the stove returns, to me, it was the centerpiece of the store, and the theming of the store would sure diminish without it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post

I really do hope the stove returns, to me, it was the centerpiece of the store, and the theming of the store would sure diminish without it.
    You are so right !

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

How will they do any cooking now?
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast