• Banned User

Disneyland Dec. 11-14th

I'll be at Disneyland on those days...

My question is, does anyone have ideas about the weather then?

And how are the crowds? I'm hoping to go on Sunday to see Fantasmic! and such.

I mean, I'll be there for all those days, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go Sun night to see Fantasmic! or not. I haven't seen the Disneyland version in ages. LOL (2000)

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Disneyland Dec. 11-14th

Not much has changed. But you might want to see it anyways. But you'll want to go to the later show so you can see the fireworks. As for the weather, who knows! It's been sunny and cold here for the last few days. Just watch the weather before you go.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

What about the crowds this time of year? Should I expect to wait in a 3 hr wait for Indy? LOL

Good questions. I will be there those days as well!!! I'm so excited I can't wait!!

• Man O Lantern

I'll be there, too! Dec. 9-14.

According to www.weather.com it's going to be in the mid-upper 60's and sunny (except one day) between now and Dec. 8th. We'll be there on the 9th, so I'm going to keep checking the ten-day forecast until we leave, so I know what to pack.

Last year we were there in late Dec. and it poured off and on and was pretty cold. We wore snow quality coats, hats and gloves quite a bit of the time and were comfortable though.

Crowd-wise...I'm sure the weekend will be horrid, but you'll get a break from the crowds mid-week. I'm really looking forward to that Tues and Weds! Most kids will be in school until a week or so later. I know my kids don't get out until the 22nd this year.

• The one, the only...

I would definitely were warm clothing. You can wear layers. Lockers are $6 a day and can re-enter all day. It's expensive but works when you want a coat for the evening but don't want to carry it around all day.

Fantastic crowds have been lower lately. With three parades going on each day, with the fireworks, there is a lot to see. Waiting by the water can get cold though. I think that is why fewer people are waiting. You should get a great seat. The jazz band is not floating in the river as it was this summer, but is still playing across on the Island.

Indy was easy to do in the morning, with a 15 minute wait. With the crowds later in the day, it is best to do that early and do a fastpass for later. Space Mountain is the hot ticket right now. I think it is faster later in the day. You might want to take advantage of the short lines in the morning and do a fastpass for later. Do your own comparisons.

Haunted Mansion Holiday edition at its peak in the afternoon will have a 35 minute wait. Otherwise it is a short line. Just 13 minutes. LOL

Toontown will close at 8 PM for the Fireworks. Also Small World Holiday edition will also close early but reopen about 10 PM. If you are there multiple nights. Catch the firework show from in front of the castle and then another night from in front of Small World. They are two different experiences.

Have a great trip. I will be going to WDW for Dec. 13 - 19th. I love Disney exchange programs. LOL
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

Hey, Bill...

I was thinking about it. Since you have a few days there and a Disney fan, make sure that you do the little things when you visit.

Make sure that you visit the firehouse, filled with firefighting antiques. Ride the fire engine which Walt loved to drive around himself. See if you can see anything from the firepole that used to go directly to Walt's apartment (until kids started shimmying up it!)

Take a moment to pause at Snow White's fountain. Walt received the statues as a gift and had them made into a fountain. Snow White was placed at the top because she is the same size as the dwarfs. It appears like she is bigger because she is farther away!

Examine the "band in a box" that Walt picked out in Europe and had shipped back to Disneyland. It is in the back of the Penny Archade.

Visit the Main Street Cinema and noticed that it is exactly as it was in 1955! LOL

Wonder New Orleans Square and guess where the secret entrace to Club 33 is placed.

Visit the Disney Gallery above Pirates. That once was going to be Walt's new apartment, but he died before it was completed.

Be sure and catch a Billy Hill show at the Golden Horseshoe. That was were Walt and Lillian celebrated their wedding anniversary before Disneyland opened. Walt climbed down from the ballcony on the left.

Examine the castle drawbridge, which was once working. Take a moment and find where the Evil Queen from a window above is sneaking a peak at the guests.

Have lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou and enjoy the sound of screams of people from PotC. LOL Have your picture taken on the stairs outside of the Christmas shop in NOS.

Lastly, take your time viewing the 50th Celebration show on Main Street. There are many wonderful drawings and models there.

Have a great time!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    • Visit the Main Street Cinema and noticed that it is exactly as it was in 1955! LOL
    Not sure if you ment this as a joke or not but the Cinema has changed since 1955....it used to show black and white stuff from the turn of the century (fit with the theme) but now shows black and white Mickey cartoons....

But Bill it is kinda of funny you will be here as I am in Fl.......can you also go into work for me here, just kinda take my place?!?!?

As far as the crowds....NO ONE knows anymore. Expect the worst that way you will be happy when it is better. But use the fastpass that is the key!!!

Have fun,
    Jeremiah
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Not sure if you ment this as a joke or not but the Cinema has changed since 1955....it used to show black and white stuff from the turn of the century (fit with the theme) but now shows black and white Mickey cartoons....
    Oooh, I wish I would've been around to see that! I like old silents.

I strongly advise anyone going to Disneyland to try to catch the fireworks on the first day of their visit. It's apparently still windy enough, the show is cancelled some days. (On my trip in the middle of November, it was cancelled 2 out of the 3 evenings we were there. If we would've skipped seeing it the first day we wouldn't have seen them at all!) Anyway, the show is awesome; I hope you get to see it!

(And I skipped Fantasmic because I'd heard they've actually taken OUT floats and such since my last visit. But once I left the park I wished I had seen it. )

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    (And I skipped Fantasmic because I'd heard they've actually taken OUT floats and such since my last visit. But once I left the park I wished I had seen it. )
    Unless your last visit was like 1994/95 when the Ursela(sp?) one was taken out nothing has changed since as far as the floats go.

On the topic of Fantasmic! Bill I know you have seen the one out there so you MUST see ours. I would love to hear a review of a WDW F! fan to our Fantasmic!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

Oh, you have no idea. I know the creator of Fantasmic! Oh, I've seen many versions of the DL show... the one before they added the newer fountains, and the newer one. With the Mark Twain and without. With the Dragon and without. With Ursula and Tick Tock and without. It's just been a long time since I've seen it, and I love it so much more than the WDW version... I just HAVE to see it again in Disneyland. I've seen multiple versions of the WDW show... I've even done my own puppet show versions of the show. Obsession? Nah. lol

ok Bill a bit scary;-) But not much has changed just added in the chaser lights on the Island and got rid of the glow rope. But it is still the best in the world!!!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

Yuppers! Best of the best!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Unless your last visit was like 1994/95 when the Ursela(sp?) one was taken out nothing has changed since as far as the floats go.
    That's about the last time I saw Fantasmic, actually. I probably saw it once more since then, but that would've likely been very obstructed view, and I would've assumed that Ursula was just out being cleaned. Knowing that she's gone for good, lame.