• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

If you had a choice, which of these things would you get?

As we all know by now, every once in a while Disney opens up the vaults and puts some of the classic ride props, concept art, and other Disney-related objects up for auction. It has occurred again.

Upcoming Profiles in History auction is a Disney collector’s dream, with theme park artwork, posters, vehicles, Imagineering models and more | Inside the Magic

All I can say is WOW. That stuff is SO COOL. Unfortunately, I lack the funds to purchase one of these items. However, it's fun to think about what I would get if I could.

I would definitely spring for the IJA model. I love all of the detail Imagineering put into everything (especially in the 90's) And this model is a prime example of that.

You can share yours if you like!
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Minion of Chernabog

Re: If you had a choice, which of these things would you get?

Probably the old attraction posters. They'd look cool in one of those poster cases hung up on a wall somewhere. Behind bullet proof glass, laser security, a velvet rope, and two 7 foot tall burly security guards.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Closed Account

Some amazingly historical stuff there.

I think I'd go for the press pass or the HM door.

• -

The original Tron disk is cool!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Usher of Hope

I would have said the attraction posters, because they really influenced me as a kid, but then I saw the Tron stuff. The disc would be pretty awesome to have.

• Mickey's pal

If I had to choose only one, it would be the letter from Walt. That would be incredible to have.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• DLR Enthusiast

The letter from Walt to Ub would be an awesome piece of history to own. However, I almost feel like that should be displayed someplace for all to read... Not held in some private collection where a select few can enjoy and appreciate the historical value it holds.

The Sleeping Beauty cel with pan background... wow! Talk about spendy!

What I wouldn't do to be able to afford the Door, RC Jungle Cruise boat, and the Indy model....
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I'd want to buy the Jungle Cruise radio controlled boat, my daughter always wanted to play with them, and I would always tell her, on the next trip....so I feel bad that never happened...hmmm....how do you get signed up for this auction?
    Yaye!

• I'm from Canada eh!

The Indiana Jones Ride through is awesome.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I normally would have said the Tron stuff, or the Indy stuff... but I started thinking that I don't like to explain to people what something is. I currently have a replica of the Idol from Raiders as well as the Mattel Hoverboard from Back to the Future II, but I don't have to explain what it is as most people can pick up on it pretty quickly just by looking and remembering. I'm still trying to get a Barbasol Can from Jurassic Park complete with Vials!

So I'd have to go with the Posters as well. They look great as artwork alone, and if you know what they're from, even better!

Not putting down anyone else's choices... just saying why I'd go with if I could even afford these! I'm ok with replicas! So if anyone knows how to get a replica of the Indy Ride Through...

• Bring back the Keelboats!

wow. So much, so much. The Mr Toad ride vehicle would be my first choice. Then the panoramic drawing from Sleeping Beauty. Then the Submarine Costume. Then the Jungle Cruise boat.

Then, everything else! lol

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!