Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World of Color or Fantasmic?

If you only had enough time to see 1 of these shows, which one would you recommend? Get preferred seating or not?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: World of Color or Fantasmic?

World of Color and only get the preferred seating for it if I cant be there in the morning to get a FP.

• Workin to live,lovin life

It really depends on what you like. Personally, I prefer Fantasmic! as I like to compare it to watching a concert or movie versus watching a live performance from a band or a musical/play. I'll always go for the live performance. Both are fun, but only Fantasmic! has live performers. WoC is fun to watch as it can be updated all the time, and incorporates other parts of the park in the show.

As for Preferred Seating, I'd say yes to both WoC and Fantasmic! as it's worth the price so you don't have to burn time waiting for a seat in Fantasmic! or getting a Fastpass for WoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    It really depends on what you like. Personally, I prefer Fantasmic! as I like to compare it to watching a concert or movie versus watching a live performance from a band or a musical/play. I'll always go for the live performance. Both are fun, but only Fantasmic! has live performers. WoC is fun to watch as it can be updated all the time, and incorporates other parts of the park in the show.

As for Preferred Seating, I'd say yes to both WoC and Fantasmic! as it's worth the price so you don't have to burn time waiting for a seat in Fantasmic! or getting a Fastpass for WoC.
    This.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Wreckless Abrandon said it perfectly. But if you don't want to do preferred seating for Fantasmic! then you will need to show up about 2 hrs early to get front row of standing zones. For front row of sitting (right along river and center) you'll need to show up 3hrs early or more...... (this is for the 9PM show) But for the 1030 show you can show up right after the first show ends and probably get pretty good seats. Have fun!!!

• -

I like both shows, but lately I have been favoring World of Color because it's the newest. I would never see this one without the preferred dining pass, however. You don't have to show up to the park at opening and rush to get a fast pass. Last Friday, my wife and I took the day off from work and got to the park just before lunchtime. We had dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria, had a nice meal which included fast passes for the first showing. It was great, the preferred dining area is dead center of the show and the view is great without the hassle.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

If you have a choice, I would say fly to Tokyo Japan and watch their NEW awesome Fantasmic. Video has been posted as of today of the new show that premiered just hours ago.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Fantasmic is ten times the show that World of Color ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I like both shows, but lately I have been favoring World of Color because it's the newest. I would never see this one without the preferred dining pass, however. You don't have to show up to the park at opening and rush to get a fast pass. Last Friday, my wife and I took the day off from work and got to the park just before lunchtime. We had dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria, had a nice meal which included fast passes for the first showing. It was great, the preferred dining area is dead center of the show and the view is great without the hassle.
    I'd have to agree that getting preferred seating is a MUST for WoC so you don't have to rush. Like even the Picnic Meals are better than rushing to get a Fast Pass. However, I can't suggest eating the actual Picnic Meals... I'm not a fan of any of them.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

This is a tough one...I think they are both so different and equally amazing in their own rights. I have never really compared the two as they aren't comparable because they both set out to give a completely different show. Fantasmic to me is driven by a lot of nostalgia. The music is fun and exciting and the setting is very intimate and sudden. Fantasmic is the stage production of the night. It has a generally clear story through Mickey's Imagination and has really amazing props and actors. The water screens and fountains are meh but the pyro is cool. This show is definitely more physical and theatrical. WoC on the other hand is new and much more similar and comparable to a fireworks show in presentation and story. It is abstract and has a loose story of exploring the various worlds and emotions of color (sea, sky, and earth; fear, death, sorrow, happiness, and love). It is a visually stunning show with every color imaginable and full of many huge moments. It is wide scale all about the water fountains which are the "actors".

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    If you have a choice, I would say fly to Tokyo Japan and watch their NEW awesome Fantasmic. Video has been posted as of today of the new show that premiered just hours ago.
    I would love to see that show as well. But I think our Fantasmic flows a lot better than theirs.

• Not on the Jedi Council

I like em both.

I wish they would redo the script for Fantasmic though, coz I think Mickey should show a little more personality in it.

so to answer I guess WoC, since I like the dinner at Wine Country Trattoria.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    I would love to see that show as well. But I think our Fantasmic flows a lot better than theirs.
    I would have to agree. The only thing I didn't like was the Lilo and Stitch Part, and I'm a huge fan of Lilo and Stitch! For some reason it just didn't feel like it fit. But I did like the way the inflatable screens/ towers were incorporated with the water screens. Technologically, it's definitely better than any other park's... flow though still goes to DLR's.

It could just be the video, but I feel that DLR's Fantasmic! is more intimate since the river is smaller... the effects are closer to you. Kinda like watching live music in a small venue vs. an arena. I like em both, but I prefer small venues.

It sounds like everyone enjoys Wine Country for WoC then? Honest question as I haven't been in years, bu who does Ariel's Grotto cater to since there aren't any characters/ Princesses walking around?

• Love HD videos!

This is the BEST video I found so far on Youtube showing the Tokyo Fantasmic Dragon Upclose in HD.

• Love HD videos!

Disneyland need to UPGRADE their fountains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast