View Poll Results: When should I go to DL?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • October - Short trip (2-3 days)

9 21.95%
  • Feb - longer trip (6-7 days)

16 39.02%
  • Both!!

15 36.59%
  • Other - please post.

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Should I go Oct or Feb?

We've gone at Christmas, so I thought it would be fun to take the kids before Halloween. If I take them in Oct, it would be a short and cheap trip, however, waiting till Feb I could take them for several days. I'm a little conflicted, give me your thoughts , thanks!!!
    Yaye!

• Future Imagineer

Re: Should I go Oct or Feb?

I voted both, because if October is a cheap trip, then you can still save up more for a February trip. Also it will be crowded during October on the weekends, but it gives you a chance to see some of the Halloween specific stuff here. In February there is almost no line for anything so that is a plus for that month. Whatever you decide I hope you will have a great trip, even though it's a while away.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know it's a ways off, but I am a super planner personality! For the big birthday trip, I booked 11 and 1/2 months a head, so this is almost spontaneous for me!

They really want to see the Halloween decor, I figured it would be more crowded so I was thinking the earlier we go in Oct the less crowds you think?
    Yaye!

• Banned User

Halloween time is my favorite time of year at the resort, def worth going in October

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a ways off, but I am a super planner personality! For the big birthday trip, I booked 11 and 1/2 months a head, so this is almost spontaneous for me!

They really want to see the Halloween decor, I figured it would be more crowded so I was thinking the earlier we go in Oct the less crowds you think?
    Early during October is less crowded because people aren't really in a Halloween mood until later in the month, so earlier the better.

• Just this guy......

I would say Oct. Most attraction are open, unlike Feb when a good amount attractions are closed for rehab.

I voted October. Can't beat the the look and feel of the resort in the fall! I've gone in Feb and the light crowds were nice, but I kind of missed the festive feel of October or December. And if you hit the holiday season early in the month you can still take advantage of lighter crowds.

• Dreaming of next trip

I voted both. If you go in October you need to go to the Mickey Halloween party, use that as one of the days. We went last year and it was great! It is a private party so there are not as many people.
    Feb you will have less people and the prices will be less.
    No matter when you go have fun. And if you can only go once then go in October.

• Wilderness Explorer

It depends.
    In October you'll get the cool Halloween decorations and the ride overlays. So if you're into Haunted Mansion Holiday or Ghost Galaxy, you may want to consider going then.

However, from personal experience, whenever I've gone in February I've noticed that it's generally less busy than it is in October. Especially if you're going for a week, the weekdays will be great days to just relax around a fairly empty park.

So Halloween stuff, or emptier park.

Ooooorrrrr... you could go both dates.

Blog Entries

Great tips folks! Feb is nice because it's very slow, but yeah, I think Halloween just adds more to the fun factor for the kids. They seem excited since my nephew (9) has only been there once, at Christmas, it would be neat for him to see different decor. I did find it humorous that my 10 year old daughter was concerned if there are really ghosts at Disneyland and if there are, will they come out if we are in the park past dark? LOL
    Yaye!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    I did find it humorous that my 10 year old daughter was concerned if there are really ghosts at Disneyland and if there are, will they come out if we are in the park past dark? LOL
    You should tell her there are.

• Hukuna Matata!

I love Disneyland at Halloween time, But I love the Crowds in the Feb Months, Me I would hold out and spend more time in the lighter crowds.

^ While I agree with this, I think Oct. for the Halloween stuff is very cool. Of course you need to buy the Halloween ticket, but it is worth it! Last year we has SO MUCH FRIGGIN CANDY. . . I almost prevented my daughter from going out Halloween night (but I'm a pushover dad).

• Hukuna Matata!

Your right havent missed a trick or treat party yet, The Haunt is also a great experience, but probally not for the young ones

• Minion

While I love Disneyland at Halloween, I think if the only other time your kids have been there was a holiday, it's also good to experience Disneyland in its original form. If you can't do both, my vote goes to Feb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast