Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Question Using the Toy Story Parking buses as transportaion back to Hotel; Problem with it???

Hey Micechaters,

I have a question for those in the know. We are heading down to the Parks this weekend (Yay!) and we will be staying at the Travelodge on Harbour just south of the parks. I understand that the Toy Story Parking lot buses load and unload very close by and I was thinking that we could maybe catch a ride to or from the park without actually parking there.

Now, for the most part we will be walking, but after a long day in the park, a little ride may go a long way with the little ones.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Using the Toy Story Parking buses as transportaion back to Hotel; Problem with it

While I understand the drama of a tired child, I'm pretty sure the Toy Story lot is only for people who pay to park there. Doesn't your hotel have a shuttle?
    Well Gawrsh!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Using the Toy Story Parking buses as transportaion back to Hotel; Problem with it

LOL...It's the travelodge, I'd be surprised if it has towels.

• Still lost in Neverland

They do have shuttles that move through Anaheim daily from the Park to just about every hotel/motel in the city and back. The tickets are sold in most hotels/motels and are about $3/day. The stops are in the Bus area at the Park and the stops are all over the place, you just have to remember the letter of your shuttle route and make sure you know where to get back to your motel from the resort bus areas. If you take Route A from your hotel/motel make sure you get the Route A bus so you get back to your hotel/motel.

Toy Story is only for people who pay to park.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Hey Micechaters,

I have a question for those in the know. We are heading down to the Parks this weekend (Yay!) and we will be staying at the Travelodge on Harbour just south of the parks. I understand that the Toy Story Parking lot buses load and unload very close by and I was thinking that we could maybe catch a ride to or from the park without actually parking there.

Now, for the most part we will be walking, but after a long day in the park, a little ride may go a long way with the little ones.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    No issues at all with it that I've experienced. Just walk in, go to the loading zone, and board a bus. Not tickets or anything required. Besides, why wouldn't they want you to get to the resort faster and less tired so you can spend your money...lol

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

You can hope onto the Toy Story Shuttle bus for free. Once you get to the parking, just get off and walk out out the Toy Stork Parking to your hotel. Easy as one, two, three.

It doesn't matter if you pay to park in the Toy Story Parking or not.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    You can hope onto the Toy Story Shuttle bus for free. Once you get to the parking, just get off and walk out out the Toy Stork Parking to your hotel. Easy as one, two, three.

It doesn't matter if you pay to park in the Toy Story Parking or not.

+1
    you'll be fine. just do exactly as asainbma says in his post. its no problem at all

Is there a sidewalk into the parking lot? From Google maps it looks like just a road. I don't want to walk where it might be dangerous. I'll be staying at the Sheraton Park and would like to do this.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I once parked there in November to walk across the street for a wedding reception dinner at Ruth Chris or Chris Ruth's Steakhouse. Their damn valet service took up 3/4 of their parking lot and I never carry cash. Why bother paying for it when I could park at Toy Story for free? Consider this a swap, since I didn't use the tram on that occasion and the time I parked there to go to the All-Star Fan Fest last year, you can use their buses. LOL It's just a free bus ride, I don't see what the big deal is.
    Mondo, there is a sidewalk area on the north side of the entrance on Harbor.

and we will be staying at the Travelodge on Harbour just south of the parks
    I saw that and had to cringe a bit... I hope they've improved the overall quality since I stayed there in the summer of 2009... regardless, I hope you enjoy your trip

On-topic, I see no reason why you can't hop the trams back to the lot from the hotel and then walk from Toy Story to the hotel. Going to the parks, however, as others have said, is probably only for people paying to park in the lot. I haven't been through this process, however, and I live miles away, so I may be wrong.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• I'm from Canada eh!

Thats to all for the replys! I kinda figured as much considering that there is no requirment to show a ticket to get on the bus. I guess we will have to play it by ear to see what we can do.

Consider this a swap, since I didn't use the tram on that occasion and the time I parked there to go to the All-Star Fan Fest last year, you can use their buses. LOL It's just a free bus ride, I don't see what the big deal is
    LOL. Now how to explain that to the CM's at the gate??? I'm sure they won't even notice though...

I saw that and had to cringe a bit... I hope they've improved the overall quality since I stayed there in the summer of 2009... regardless, I hope you enjoy your trip
    Thanks! Because we go to Disneyland so much we always book cheap hotels, so our expectations are very low. One day we will stay at the Grand Californian, but for now, Travelodge, here we come. At least it is close to the park; Last time we stayed at some dive close to Knotts, so this should be better in the location department.
    Last edited by Meville; 04-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

you pay for the parking space but the bus is free. we never check to see if you paid we don't even care if we see you walking in the lot just come aboard.

•   
    • Minion

I have done this it works and there is a sidewalk

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Is there a sidewalk into the parking lot? From Google maps it looks like just a road. I don't want to walk where it might be dangerous. I'll be staying at the Sheraton Park and would like to do this.
    There is a sidewalk next to the lot entrance. I have used it before to walk to DL.

[QUOTE=dfan07;1056508240]There is a sidewalk next to the lot entrance. I have used it before to walk to DL.[/QUOTE
    I think you are talking about Harbor. I guess the street can be call E Convention Way. This is where the cars go on to enter the lot. It sounds like there is a side walk here and you would enter where the cars would enter, correct? Maybe someone should photoshop an image/map and draw where you would walk on. I am still uncertain exactly where you go walking in.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast