Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Predicted wait times for TLM and ST?

No worries!

Of course it only works if you stay until closing lol! Of course not everyone like to stay until closing, especially if you have young kids, etc. BUT, thats the beauty of it for the rest of us . And yeah there are a lot people who dont realize as long as you get in line one minute before park closing, even if its 2 hours long, you still can ride! I'm a TDR vetern and sometimes its the only way to do some of those rides because the lines can be crazy all day!

So yeah, its definitely a nice plus and in an odd way you can think of it as an extra hour in the parks if you get in a REALLY long one at that time. But yeah, the BEST time for me to go to DL is the last 2 hours of the night because most will have cleared out, everything is all lit up and the average wait, even on a really busy day is 20 mins or less for most rides. Stuff like HM, JC and POTC is 5-10 min waits even on super busy days by then. Splash is a complete walk on by 9 usually, regardless of season (woosey Californians). And any ride that is still 40 mins or over by the end of the night and you still got stamina, just jump in just before midnite! I plan to do that with ST as well!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-03-2011 at 10:21 PM.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstar View Post
    You guys are making me nervous for my trip on the 6th through the 8th, haha.

Really though, I totally expect some pretty long lines for both - especially Star Tours. I think TLM will still be long, but not nearly as bad as ST.

It's a little bit strange this summer, since I'll be making the trip with somebody who hasn't been to the parks in a decade. I kinda doubt they'll want to rush through to get on the new rides and would rather experience the whole park. BUT I will suggest we go straight to ST for Fast Passes - and will try to hit TLM earlier in the day.

I'll also hope other rides will have shorter lines with everybody checking out the new ones.
    I would expect shorter lines for every other ride. 6-8th won't be that bad, since I believe schools are still in session. Monday might be bad, but the 8th won't be that bad at all.
    Just remember to get to the parks early and utilize fastpass to the best you can.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

In other news I would do on Toy Story ALL day if the line was down because of mermaid.
    Looking forward to this. Less than 30 minute lines for Toy Story would be great.

Call me crazy but I might do GSS before Mermaid, or at least get FP to GSS, then hit the Mermaid line.

There are also grad nights during the first two weeks in June. According to touring plans the park is going to be slower on these day (at least the 16th when I'll be there)??? I don't know how accurate this program is because I've never used in the past, however it appears pretty accurate in dateline disneyland each week. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but there is a grad night on the 16th so maybe it will be better to try and hit ST and TLM this day?? Although, I don't think my daughter will wait 5 days before to ride TLM!! : )

All's I know is there's goinsta be lots'o people and you betta be there urly!
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

About a year.

Well, that's how long I think I'm going to have to wait anyway.

• Wish upon a star!

I'm going June 5-7 and I think that my plan is to not even touch either ride until the 7th. I'm thinking that for Magic Morning, we zip over to ST right away-- the line shouldn't be too long then. Maybe we'll get a FP too so we can ride it again. Then, we'll wander around Tomorrowland/Fantasy Land until it is time to make it to DCA as it opens and head straight to TLM. Does this sound like a good plan?

• Future Imagineer

^Yes it's a good plan. I have a similar one for the 8th and than I will go the 9th but after i get off of work I will try getting a Star Tours fastpass and ride TLM since that will obviously be the shortest of the two lines. I plan to play it by ear, and see how long the waits are to decide what I will do.

I'm just sooooo excited to go. Only 37 more days of waiting! I can't wait to see the old and the new...........

I'm sure we'll get a better idea of how long the waits will be once they open and people can post actual wait times though. I'm looking forward to receiving the information, but it's hard waiting with my ocd planning. : )

• Future Imagineer

^That's what I am thinking, just wait and see the times.

Question Re: Predicted wait times for TLM and ST?

Question in the same vein here: We are staying at Paradise Pier on the 2nd with the hopes of getting into DL ASAP on friday and running like the wind to ST to grab a FP and get in line ASAP. My fear (and no one else seems to mention it) is that FP may be sold out very quickly (like WOC...I understand that WOC has an actual "capacity"...but I don't see how else having the FP open on opening day will work with standby lines...but I digress). So my back-up plan is where I have my conundrum->we will also be staying at PPH on the 3rd....which I believe qualifies us for a MM (if we purchase a block-out day...deluxe AP's)...however do I still need to show the motel room key for MM, I kinda want to check out of the hotel before we get to DL for the day as it will be a pain to go to DL and try to hurry back in time to check-out?
    Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123