• That Guy

Question DLR in December 101

Hi everyone!!

Two friends and I will be headed to DLR and I think we are going from Dec. 18-20. I know a few years ago the rule of thumb was that there were pretty reasonable crowd conditions just prior to Christmas, but after that, all bets are off. I know with the 50th, it's really hard to say, but what do you guys think?

Also, any tips for first time Winter DLR visitors?

Thanks!!!

P.S. Anyone know anything about the Radisson? They have good rates, but I have never stayed there.

• Closed Account

Re: DLR in December 101

Jumping over the DCA mid-day would be risky in the case that they hit capacity. I'm going Friday and may not go over to ride Soarin' at all because of the risk of being locked out.

• That Guy

Wow, so if you start your day at DLR, and then head over to DCA, and try and come back, you might not get in again? I think we get there on a Sunday and will be there Sunday & Monday, which I understand are usually not too hell-ish.

• :)

Wait they have to let you back in if you already bought your ticket lol...if there we're that many people at Disneyland / DCA than the percentage of people Hopping parks in the middle of the day would be large to reasonable and there would be way too many complaints filed against Disneyland D: but..if i'm wrong, is this true? :/

• Closed Account

I don't know if it's true. Just a worry due to them closing the turnstyles lately due to over crowding.

• Rock Star Minion

The crowds during your time period depend on how many schools are out. My kids go until 12/23, then they're off until 1/9. Probably not the same everywhere. Any know about OC schools and LA City?
    My expectation of your trip: Sunday will be bad, but Monday won't be so bad. Do you really have to go to DCA? And for how long?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• That's Hawt

Hey! I will be back down there then! I'm going to be in the park on the 18th, 19th, and 20th with two of my friends ... are you going to be at the Sunday meet?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Man O Lantern

It poured last year when we were there Dec. 26-31 and we'd always been told that the rain doesn't keep people out of the parks that week....but that wasn't so. The place was dead, especially late afternoon through closing. After six everyday, we just ran around and walked on rides. In the rain, sure, but we had our snow coats, gloves and hats on. The kids had Merrells on their feet, so they stayed dry.

I've gone in early December once and the crowds were minimal. We went between Thanksgiving and Candlelight and the weather was comfortable...I wore cotton shirts and a thin suede jacket most days. One day I wore a heavy sweater and it was almost too warm. At night, we wore lightweight jackets and I wore a scarf.

Check the ten day forecast on www.weather.com the days before your trip and plan on layers. Layers are your best friend.

Oregon schools for the most part aren't out until December 22. So of course we're going before that. Who wants to hang out with a gaggle of Oregonians at Disneyland?

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Hey! I will be back down there then! I'm going to be in the park on the 18th, 19th, and 20th with two of my friends ... are you going to be at the Sunday meet?

MM,

Hi, when is the Sunday meet? It would be super cool to meet you guys. Would it be okay to bring my two non-MC pals?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Sundays at noon at the hub. I just went to my first one last w/e and it was great. Everyone was very nice and open to conversation. We had two invites for lunch, but unfortunately had to pass, because we also had friends from our neighborhood waiting for us for lunch as well.

MiceChatters=Great people in my book.

Go and enjoy!