World of Color Seating?

Is there no seating for World of Color? Even with dining reservations? From what I have read, it sounds like it is all standing. With a 2 year old, ugg! How about Fantasmic, any seating there?
    Last edited by me2pzza; 05-01-2011 at 06:46 AM.

•   

Re: World of Color Seating?

All standing unless you are handicapped. You can sit on the concrete until about 30 prior to the show, then they make you stand.

That is true. I took my 4 year old and held him the entire time so he could see. My arms were ready to fall off but he loved it so it was all worth it : ) Have a great time and enjoy the show!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Fantasmic! has reserved seating with chairs that you can pay for. It's like $40 a person I think and comes with some of the best customer service in DLR. Included in the price is a cheese and dessert platter, and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. But I believe you can sit in the viewing areas of Fantasmic! but the seating area (which is only on the ground) is limited and fills up quickly.

As for World of Color, it's standing room only except for wheelchairs of course.

Actually.... the little one may be $40... the grown ups (I know... I called and paid for mine yesterday...) pay $60. $240 is kind of steep for 4 people for 30 min.. but from what I hear, the savings in time and the view are worth it... I hope so.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

There is the whole sitting zone only along the Roa for F!, don't know if that will work for you though since you'll have to get there about 2.5-3hrs early for first show. You could wait till the first F! is over and get a spot where people left.

• Banned User

Or if you wanna sit during WoC, make a reservation for Ariel's grotto about an hour and a half before the first show, take your time eating, and some people actually just stay there for the show(they can't be kicked out), but you get DRENCHED!

Me and my family sat at a table for Fantasmic! last March. It was awesome. We had to save the table for about 2.5 hours I'd say, we just sat there and had dinner, then took turns saving the table so others could go ride a few things while we waited. It was definitely worth it, awesome view!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by awellsdba View Post
    Actually.... the little one may be $40... the grown ups (I know... I called and paid for mine yesterday...) pay $60. $240 is kind of steep for 4 people for 30 min.. but from what I hear, the savings in time and the view are worth it... I hope so.
    Ah, good call! I totally mixed up the reserved seating for WoC and Fantasmic!... WoC is $30 to $40 a person not including tax and gratuity for the Lunch/ Dinner Meals.

I can vouch for the Fantasmic! reservations being totally worth it. I did it this past December as a surprise to my girlfriend. We spent the day not worrying about where we were going to sit, and to top it off, their service (I can't help but give positive comments) is fantastic. They know when to ask for drinks, they mention that they'll try not to bother you during the fireworks before the show, and they offered to take our picture with our own camera during the snow section of the fireworks! The server even offered to move our seats closer to the center (but not too close as the walls obstruct some views!).

OH, and the dessert platter lasted me three days. I love cheese, fruit, cheesecake, and other snacks, so it was perfect. To some people, it's too small of a platter. But the quality is there, and the portions are great. So in short, I'm not a "super-size it" kind of guy when it comes to portions. I'd rather take small portions with high quality than large portions with mediocre quality.

• Minion

how far in advance does one need to make reservations for shows ?

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    how far in advance does one need to make reservations for shows ?
    Disney usually recommends 3 months in advance (90 days). But usually if you call a week or two prior to your visit, theres still a good chance that either the WoC dinner package or Fantasmic!'s dessert package will still be available for your visit.

I made my reservation for the WoC dinner on my birthday 2 weeks prior last year (and this was in July) for an example.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by jbean View Post
    That is true. I took my 4 year old and held him the entire time so he could see. My arms were ready to fall off but he loved it so it was all worth it : ) Have a great time and enjoy the show!
    I have 3 kids; two of whom are young. That is a big part of the reason why I haven't seen WOC yet. I have to say I don't think that was wise planning on Disney's part.

• C4C6C

Saw it earlier this year and was disappointed. 3 of the 4 kids did not see anything because of the standing room only thing. I held the 2 year old, but she didn't really know what she was looking at. I think WoC is all hype and there should be a disclaimer that if anyone is in front of you, half the show is cut off. I am 6'3" and had trouble seeing most of the show.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

I've been twice with my 5 and 9 year old daughters.

First time was on the bridge. We got there about 75 minutes early, played games while sitting, then stood once the show was about to start. Front row, very good show.

Second time was down in front in the wet zone just slightly off center towards the Zephyr. Hour a head of time. Sat and played, then watched once again from the front row. Many adults made room for other kids that got there later. Amazing from down there by the water. We were wearing jackets with hoods and were only slightly misted at the end. A nice fire dry at the end of the show helped.

Much easier than Fantasmic, IMHO.

Never had dinner ressies either.

I've seen tons of young kids that watch this show with great views. Don't disappoint them our yourself by skipping WOC.

• Vidia's Minion

In the WoC handicap sections you usually have to ask to sit on a bench (I have MS but the benches always get full from the families who aren't handicapped but there with ONE person that is. Usually I can get a seat but it's always filled with angry looks from the healthy person who is asked to move.