Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Elaborate Stage Shows @ Disneyland...RIP

It is so unfortunate that Disneyland has been without an elaborate stage show for so long now. And no, I don't consider the current Princess Coronation a stage show. And if the rumors are true, I believe the fate of the Fantasyland Theatre will be coming to an end soon. Which means Disneyland will no longer have any venue for any elaborate type stage shows anymore. And this is just wrong!!!

If Disney has any "smarts" at all, they'll do something to change this...and soon!

Plz Disney, give us something other than the Aladdin stage show at DCA. (big yawn)

• Cunning infiltrator

Re: Elaborate Stage Shows @ Disneyland...RIP

I know, Disneyland is missing a stage show. Fantasmic! is good enough, but Disneyland needs more live stage shows.

Beauty and the Beast was a good one, but it's gone now. Now, the current Fantasyland theater has that Princess Ceremony for little girls and it doesn't count.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• -

They should rip out that lame princess show and put in something more masculine, like maybe a pirate or superhero show.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

I remember the days of the Fantasyland theater showing Pocahontas and Beauty and the beast, Dick Tracy and The Disney Afternoon's Plane Crazy...so sad, now its just a supersized commercial promoting the princess franchise while tinkerbell takes over the other side of fantasyland

• Goofy

a peter pan show on fantasyland stage would be great. or how about a new ride

*Sigh* yeah, the princess thing is crap. I wouldn't mind them doing a cycle of various shows every few months, or even twice a year. Things like Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, Lion King, Mulan, Winnie the Pooh, Pocahontas, Peter Pan...I think all of those would work.

Rid Disney of little girl princess stuff! While they're at it, remove pink from everything, haha.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

Even though there's so much to do at Disneyland, it just feels slightly incomplete without one stage show.

I loved the Snow White and wish they'd add another based one of their properties. The Princess Fantasy Fair targets too small a demographic for any of us in our group to ever make our way over there.

• (Not a) New User

Wait... doesn't Aladdin count as an elaborate stage show??

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Wait... doesn't Aladdin count as an elaborate stage show??
    It does..but it isn't in Disneyland, which this is about, not the whole resort. I agree it's kind of sad there isn't one specific to DL only anymore.

• A Happy Haunt

The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

I'm curious what is happening to the fantasy land theater? Are they tearing it down? Or just ending the fantasy faire. I haven't heard anything.
    If would like to join our jamboree there's a simple rule that's compulsory. Mortals pay a token fee. Rest in peace, the haunting's free; so hurry back, we would like your company!

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    And if the rumors are true, I believe the fate of the Fantasyland Theatre will be coming to an end soon.
    I haven't heard any rumors. Only chatter among a lot of Disneyland fans who wish something better can exist in that spot.

I too fondly recall many wonderful stage productions .. from the perennial Mickey's Nutcracker .. for the Christmas crowds .... to Beauty and the Beast, One Man's Dream, and Pocahontas ... are among my favorites.

When Disney was good about cycling in new shows every year .. or once every 2 years ... it was great! In a park that now goes several years between new attractions .. new stage shows were the "new attraction" to make each new yearly visit to the park, fresh and new again!

And that theater draws a mammoth capacity! We've been reading columns from Al .. how TDA execs want to take on capacity issues in the park, head on. Well ... a stage show that can have 5 shows a day, or more .. in a theater that can hold some 900 guests (or more?) .. is a sure way to absorb crowds off crowded walk ways.

What they have been currently doing .. only reaches families with teenie bopper girls ... waiting to be dolled up like a princess!

How is this attracting crowds of all ages .. both genders?!

How that has gone on this long ... is just strange.

And while some could say .. "Well, DCA has the Hyperion venue" .... well ... problem there too -

Rather than coming up with new live entertainment once a year or once every two years .. is now going on .. once every 6 or 7 years. (Aladdin has been running now since 2004.)

Disney is now more content to let their shows run on .. indefinitely ... and no longer find it important to cycle in new fresh shows every year or two.

And if that is going to be their way forever now ... then I'd rather the Princess thing get the big boot .. and re-purpose the area to be an attraction that can handle large crowds .. and not just one demographic (little gilrs) .. but as many members from the whole family .. as possible.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

For me as long as they have Fantasmic and a show like Aladdin at DCA, I think they are doing more than enough.....I'd rather finally get a Beauty and the Beast ride than shows.....or just build a smaller stage somewhere else

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    And while some could say .. "Well, DCA has the Hyperion venue" .... well ... problem there too -

Rather than coming up with new live entertainment once a year or once every two years .. is now going on .. once every 6 or 7 years. (Aladdin has been running now since 2004.)
    That arguement doesn't bother me nearly as much as the earlier statement in the fact. DCA has the Hyperion, this is true. However DCA is not Disneyland. Do not cut back what Disneyland offers for the sake of DCA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    now its just a supersized commercial promoting the princess franchise while tinkerbell takes over the other side of fantasyland

You can't commericalize Disney in a Disney park. That's what supposed to be there. We don't have to like, but it certainly has its place being there.

Anyway.....people haven't heard rumors because they aren't any. Only fans forcing their suggestions into what they hope will become rumor. Disney has no plans of tearing out the space, and are definitely interested in given the original park a stage show, they just haven't settled on what it will be. Especially since we're the only one that doesn't have one.

• I'm a fiddle player......

I dont think it's necessary to have a stage show at Disneyland. The last show, Snow White, was very boring to me. The resort has a big broadway type show at dca. Although Ive never done PFF, It is always packed and gives an area for the princess to be at. When my little girl gets to be old enough I am sure this will be her favorite area of the park and is the favorite area of the park for many people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast