Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

main street usa :) I wish i really live in socal

Have you ever been on a ride when it breaks down?

Disneyland brings out the kid in all of us. Sometimes however the rides have a little hiccup of magic and the lights on a ride may come on. With the busy summer season I hope that the Disney Magic on the Rides can hold out against breaking down

My question is have any of you been on a ride with the lights on or seen something interesting when they had to help you off a ride when it broke down?

The following are some fun videos of Disney magic being interrupted momentarily

Splash Mountain

Haunted Mansion

YouTube - Stuck on Toy Story Mania

Toy Story Mania

Winnie the Pooh

Peter Pan

Pirates of the Caribbean

• Future Imagineer

Re: Have you ever been on a ride when it breaks down?

I got stuck on the first brake zone, after the final lift hill on Space Mountain. They had to evacuate us off of the ride. Kind of fun.

• Cunning infiltrator

I always wanted to get stuck on the Graveyard scene in the Haunted Mansion. It's my most favorite scene second to the Ballroom. But without service lights.

I remember getting stuck on Indiana Jones in the Finale after the boulder struck and Indy is next to the Boulder. He was still moving and rubbing the sweat of his brow every time. We rode IJA at around 11:50 pm and by the time it was 12:15 am, the service lights turns on and the lightning is turned off. We were not the only guests there.

Since we were near the boarding station. It is much closer to get back. Too bad I didn't get to see all of the scenes. We were stuck in our jeep for 35 minutes until a cast member comes and offers a ladder to get us down and tell us to go home, since IJA is broken and the park is closed. All the guests were waiting for their last ride at Disneyland missed it and had to go home, while others still had time can ride the closest attractions in Adventureland or New Orleans Square before the park closes. It was a fun experience.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Goofy

i would love to get stuck on pirates. that ride has to be the most interesting attraction.

Got stuck on Pirates once before the second waterfall. Took an hour to get off the ride (wasn't evacuated), and since by the time the boats were traveling the effects were working, I didn't get a re-admit pass.

Didn't mind that. What I did mind was the couple behind me who chose to LOUDLY make-out for the entire thirty minutes we were stuck there. Ugh.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've been stuck Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and POTC. I keep my fingers crossed for the HM every time I ride it.

I was stuck in HM graveyard before it was quite the experince and was rather funny! Ghosts were poping up behimd tombstones and then slowly going down again and repeating that process for 10 minutes. As well we were notified to stay in our doombuggies at least a hundread times hahah. I'll never forget that!

It's Fun to do the Impossible
    - Walt Disney

[

• A Weather Eye Open

I've been stuck on and evacuated from Indiana Jones once back in 07. I would really like to be stuck on more rides, just for the experience of it! I am there so much that I am surprised it doesn't happen, and then I talk to a tourist or something who've been stuck on 3 different rides in one trip.

It's interesting how people get so frustrated by ride break downs. I mean, yeah, it's a bummer, but the rides are these incredibly massive and complex machines! There's so much that can go wrong or fail that make them stop operating. They're many times the size and power of your computer or your car, and I'll bet you can't even keep those working perfectly all day every day. Until stuff like perpetual motion machines are invented (they won't be), rides are not going to be able to operate perfectly. I like how you put it, "a hiccup in the magic". It's surprising to me how people can get so upset by it.

Now, as for summer, I hope it is a successful one with no major hiccups. But everyone should keep in mind that heat often increases ride breakdowns. Think about it: the machines are working harder to keep up with the crowds and longer hours, and also anything with animatronics works better in cooler weather (that's why they keep the AC so high in those rides). Roller coasters can also speed up in the heat, which makes them more fun, but also can cause timing issues!

Well, hopefully that means a summer of little breakdowns with ME on them!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Theme Park Penguin View Post
    I was stuck in HM graveyard before it was quite the experince and was rather funny! Ghosts were poping up behimd tombstones and then slowly going down again and repeating that process for 10 minutes. As well we were notified to stay in our doombuggies at least a hundread times hahah. I'll never forget that!
    That's cause if you get out of your buggies they have to shut EVERYTHING off and it will take like twice as long for them to reopen the ride. Think of all the other guests you'll be disappointing and ruining the ride for before you try to exit any ride vehicle, my fellow riders. Last time I was in, Pirates had a bit of a stoppage, which normally they would just try to get going again, but some folks decided to climb out of the boats and ruin it for the rest, so everyone had to be taken off, AND the whole line had to be emptied so the people who waited didn't get to ride, and it was at least an hour before they reopened. I was so mad at those dudes who climbed out; I know they're bored but it seriously messed it up for the rest of us AND for the cast members who were just trying to get their ride going again.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

When I was younger, I was about 11 and my brother was 4 we got stuck on Indy. It was the opening weekend of the attraction in 1995. I was with my brother, dad, uncle & nana. My uncle had the camcorder and was "interviewing" me about what it was like being stuck on the ride. Since we were stuck in the snake room, my nana had her eyes closed because she hates snakes. My brother had his head down because he was afraid of EVERYTHING, lol. We were stuck for about 20 minutes. Since it broke down they told us, we were going to ride again to get the full experience. When my brother heard we were going again, shear terror rang out from his lungs "AGAIN!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!". Then he started crying, a cast member saw him and asked if he wanted to get off the ride, so he & my nana exited the ride. However myself, uncle & dad loved it. In fact Indy is my dad's favorite ride to this day. Or maybe its because my dad hasn't been to Disneyland since 1999.

I wonder if my uncle still has the video, I could put it on YouTube.

• The magic is in the shoes

Anytime a ride breaks down, there's a lot of stupid people. People getting off the attraction though, especially in pirates and splash, isn't good because pirates show building is super dangerous. And everythings dark. Those people really mess it up big time.

But like I said before, you don't want to get stuck on the HM and then evacuated off, trust me. It's the WORST experience for both you and the CM's.

• (Not a) New User

Not at DL, but at the MK at WDW at TL (yay acronyms!) I went on their PM and saw SM with the lights on. I have pictures somewhere.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

POTC- they had to come and push our boat to landing that we could exit.

• Cunning infiltrator

True, when one idiot or a group of fools decided not to follow the rules. They ruin the experience for both the cast members and the guests.

Getting stuck on HM for a few minutes is fine. But getting off is not fun, in order to do so. They have turn on the service lights and keep the sound on. You can't just turn off the Haunted Mansion completely, they have sync everything again. So, you get to stay in your doom buggy until a cast member comes and don't touch anything!

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• -

I had two major breakdown experiences.

I got walked off of the Toy Story ride in California Adventure once. When the cast member was walking us off, we asked him where the hidden mickey was. He said we had just passed it, but he was not allowed to take us backward to show us.

The other experience that I had was going through the dioramas on the train. There was some kind of a blockage at the Main Street station so they held our train in the dioramas until it was cleared. It was really weird, the music and sound effects cut off after a little while, so we just got to watch the dinosaurs fighting in silence. It was kind of creepy.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast