Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Tongaroa Terrace to open on May 25th.

Too bad the entire pool/marina area isn't Tiki/island themed - - a lush Polynesian paradise.

Not sure about that tacky Monorail homage waterslide -- Neverland looked more attractive and immersive.

(Though it's nice to see the old marquee - - I'd move to the Harbor entrance for the parks).

• -

I love a good tiki bar. The atmosphere is so relaxing for just sitting and sipping a drink. I just hope that along with the fancy-pancy fru-fru drinks, they also stock some good scotch!
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

We may never make it into the park!
    The Mur

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Too bad the entire pool/marina area isn't Tiki/island themed - - a lush Polynesian paradise.

Not sure about that tacky Monorail homage waterslide -- Neverland looked more attractive and immersive.

(Though it's nice to see the old marquee - - I'd move to the Harbor entrance for the parks).
    I agree! does seem a little bit of a theme clash!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by ozmacity View Post

And...I hope you're not serious. Keep alcohol out of the Happiest Place on Earth. Why would anyone want there to be drunkards running all over the place. Keep it family-friendly, it's what Walt wanted.
    Really? I think we adults can use our own judgement and everything will be okay. Disney security stays on top of things like that anyway. Besides, Walt was fine with alcohol - especially with all the dinners he hosted.

Can't wait to stay a weekend once all the work is done. It'll be nice to see everything all shiny!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

I'm thrilled for these openings, but the menu is...as is typical with most of Disney today..rather limited. Even cheap coffee shops have over 25 main dishes on their menus and yet again, they've got what..under 10? It's just being cheap.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

It all sounds nice, but it's probably one more restaurant I can't really afford. I mean, I've only been to Blue Bayou twice since 1976.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ozmacity View Post
    And...I hope you're not serious. Keep alcohol out of the Happiest Place on Earth. Why would anyone want there to be drunkards running all over the place. Keep it family-friendly, it's what Walt wanted.
    There is alcohol in Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disneysea, Disneyland Paris, Epcot, DCA, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Studios Paris and I imagine the rest mins MK. And I know from direct experience from drinking at a few of these places . And yeah, 99.9% of the time people handle their alcohol just fine! Are you telling me if they put it DL, people will suddenly become 'drunkards' going through the park causing problems?

Look, its fine there is no alcohol in DL. Its a tradition, we all get that, but its a silly rule in this day and age. I'm NOT advocating they serve alcohol there, but when you serve it in DTD, DCA and all three hotels, its not like the resort is a dry free zone to begin with. When it was JUST DL, thats one thing, but now its all around you already minus that park.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-04-2011 at 04:24 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    It all sounds nice, but it's probably one more restaurant I can't really afford. I mean, I've only been to Blue Bayou twice since 1976.
    Actually its just an over the counter restaurant and more fast food kind of stuff. I imagine most of it will cost like alot of these places, from $8-$15 average. I think the point is for a more casual experience or a quick bite to eat, a few drinks and chill. Nothing too fancy or high level. And I only been to Blue Bayou only once as well, my first time last year! Eh...
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Actually its just an over the counter restaurant and more fast food kind of stuff. I imagine most of it will cost like alot of these places, from $8-$15 average. I think the point is for a more casual experience or a quick bite to eat, a few drinks and chill. Nothing too fancy or high level. And I only been to Blue Bayou only once as well, my first time last year! Eh...
    So it has service like a McDonald's, but with Sizzlers prices and at least Sizzlers quality?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Banned User

Yeah exactly! I DONT know the prices, but if its like all the other counter service prices at the park, thats the general range! I doubt anything will be more than $15. And I prefer that frankly! If you want to spend $20-30 for a table service restaurant, the hotel already has two of them and DTD has TONS of them anyway which is a few feet from the hotel. So a more relaxed and on-the-go is needed!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Seriously. I was missing The Lost Bar but now that the same area as a Tiki theme and what looks to be some decent eats... I'm thinking this could be one of my new favorite places to hang out and eat and drink in the resort.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Definitely going to take a look at this, as will be there on a trip from the Bay Area opening day by coincidence...look forward to checking it out.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

Well it's about time they bring back some classic tiki culture to Disneyland, where it belongs, even if it is the Disneyland Hotel and not the park itself. This is most welcome news!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast