Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm wishing

Anyone else love it when Disneyland opens really early in the morning?

Hi all,

Maybe I'm alone in this, but although I am NOT a morning person, I absolutely love it when Disneyland opens really early for some reason. I've been there a few times when it's just gotten light out (for CHOC Walk, and also for nights when they've closed early and made up for it by opening early). There is something just beautiful about the way the light hits the park at that time of day...maybe it's just because it's so different from the way I usually see it, but I find it really enchanting.

So, I'm going to try to get up super early and be at the gates at 6:30am on Saturday (May 7th, the new Pirates movie is being premiered that night, so they are closing the park early and opening up at 7am)!

Anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?? Also, if anyone wants to meet up for an early morning walk and a few rides, just PM me, and we can exchange contact info (don't forget that unfortunately it is a block out day for all except premium passes).

Julie

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

Re: Anyone else love it when Disneyland opens really early in the morning?

We went super early a few years back with the Park opening at 6:30AM. It was still dark when the gates opened and my daughter and I saw the sun rise over Space Mountain from the middle of the Autopia track. It was truly a splendid and lovely morning.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• LOL

One of my favorite memories is going to the park early in the morning. New Orleans was so empty that it felt like I had the place all to myself. Spent time chatting with some cast members who were just standing outside of their shops waiting for people to show up. It was so wonderful.

Earliest I've been at Disneyland is probably 8:00 not that early.. :/

Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty, ride all my favorite by ten am, love it!!!!

• Minion

I agree, I am NOT a morning person in day to day life, but I am at Disneyland. Early morning is my absolute FAVORITE time of day in the park.

I haven't been earlier than 8:00am, but I do love the mornings as well. And, I like those "June Gloom" mornings; the cool mistiness adds a certain atmosphere.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Hi all,

Maybe I'm alone in this, but although I am NOT a morning person, I absolutely love it when Disneyland opens really early for some reason. I've been there a few times when it's just gotten light out (for CHOC Walk, and also for nights when they've closed early and made up for it by opening early). There is something just beautiful about the way the light hits the park at that time of day...maybe it's just because it's so different from the way I usually see it, but I find it really enchanting.

So, I'm going to try to get up super early and be at the gates at 6:30am on Saturday (May 7th, the new Pirates movie is being premiered that night, so they are closing the park early and opening up at 7am)!

Anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?? Also, if anyone wants to meet up for an early morning walk and a few rides, just PM me, and we can exchange contact info (don't forget that unfortunately it is a block out day for all except premium passes).

Julie
    Hey Julie, I will also be there for the pirates premiere, on Saturday. And I am with yah I love Disneyand in the morning and at night, its great when the suns coming up or going down, Actually I really love it at night at well. The lights are great.

• Minion

At first I was going to say "oh hell no!" since I despise mornings, but since you brought up the CHOC Walk I have to say, I completely agree.

• Minion of Chernabog

I love mornings, afternoons nights. Pretty much the entire day. But I suppose do you mean if that's my favorite. Nah, I prefer the night. All of the cool lighting is on. That and it's awesome to ride Big Thunder Mountain while fireworks go off overhead.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

• The magic is in the shoes

Yeah, I love the morning when it's still a bit cold and there's no one there, you can hear all the music and it's one of my favorite past-times.

• Johnny and Me!

Usually it is quiet and beautiful, but not this Saturday! You will have a lot of company!!!

• I'm wishing

I'm happy to see that other people feel that "special something" about early mornings at Disneyland. I hope that many of those getting there early will be grabbing their spots along the red carpet and won't be in the rest of the park area!

As far as preferring Disneyland at night, I totally see what you are saying, nights are the best, but I am often there at night, whereas I am probably only there before 7am once a year or less, which makes it more special.

Getting up that early will be tough, but hopefully worth it....

Early mornings and late nights are the best. Anytime the park is peaceful and fairly empty really.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I am by no means an early morning person, but one of my favorite MiceChatters meet was the sunrise meet we did for I think the first Pirates movie premiere. We watched the sun come up as we walked into Disneyland, and it was just magical to have the park sparkly clean, and all to ourselves and a few other die-hards. By 10 am, we had pretty much gone on everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast