Thumbs up Great experience at First Aid department!

Fortunately, I have never had to visit the First Aid building until last night, but when we did, it was great! We were sitting on the ground watching the sneak peak of Pirates 4 when something crawled on my husbands arm and when he swatted it away it bit him in two places. He immediately started itching horribly! So we went to First Aid to see if they had any anti itch cream. They did! But the nurse in there was so nice. I really felt like they cared about us. They were even helping another lady with a new canula for her oxygen machine when we came in. Anyway, I would like to hear about other chatters experiences at First Aid! What other great things have they done in there?
    Well Gawrsh!

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Great experience at First Aid department!

Yeah, first aid is the best! Very generous with the blister band-aids!

The bugs were out in force last night. I was bitten a few time as well, also during the POTC4 sneak peek.

• Future Imagineer

^^Glad, you had a good experience at first aid, but sorry that your husband had to get bit to do so.

• Minion

We've had NOTHING but excellent experiences at First Aid. We've taken a dog in because there was gum on the ground we didn't see and it was stuck in her fur. They got us vasoline to help then one went to Plaza Inn and got us Peanut butter so we could get it out. They didn't want us to cut the fur, and did a great job helping us!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!

They are wonderful there. When I dislocated my toe they buddy wrapped my toes for me. And they did it so quickly too! They are a great service.
    MEOW.

• formerly very helpful

When my son was a toddler he had pretty bad asthma, so we had to sit several times a day with his nebulizer machine. We were able to store the machine in first aid. then the nurses there were real good with my son. they'd keep him smiling and occupied. Made it a lot easier on us.

• Future Indy Castmember

First Aid is nothing short of excellent service.

4 Years ago, while at Disneyland, I started to get sick. Around early afternoon, I didn't feel right at all so I went to first aid to rest. While I wasn't allowed to lay down (I learned that you have to be over 18 unless you had an adult with you. I was 15 at the time), they did give me some medcine (after getting permission from my dad via phone call) and allowed me to sit down. After an hour or so, one of the CMs came over to check on me and I told them I started to feel a bit better. They then recommended certain things like not going on certain rides and eating certain foods (they recommended Carnation Cafe) while i'm at the park. After signing in, I left and did what they did. I felt fine for the next few hours till the medicine wore off and the sickness rolled in again and I had to leave early.

I went back to first aid sometime after that to get a band-aid after cutting myself (forgot how that happened) and they were quick on providing me one.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

I hope you paid the CMs who helped you a compliment at Guest Relations or City Hall! If you didn't, you can still do it online.

Always wanted to be a nurse at Disneyland.

When I was little, I have a distinct memory of going to First Aid for some Tylenol - I came down with a fever at Disneyland!

I don't remember the First Aid people so much, but what I do remember is sitting outside of First Aid with Chip and Dale. They found out that I was sick and sat with me and let me sit on their laps! It was such a treat for me as a little girl and it's a memory I still look back on with great fondness.

• Zephyr Pilot

Quick Tip: You can even go to First Aid to get a swab of lip balm when your lips are chapped.

• Banned User

You guys will love this one..

This was back in 2003 when Winnie The Pooh was doing soft openings.

My aunt and cousins were out from Colorado, and we were at the resort during spring break. We're in line for Splash Mountain, and being the typical 10 year old boy, I was showing off for my cousins, as they were for me. Well, I thought it'd be wise to slide down the railings, and roll off and walk on very smoothly.

Well, I slide down the railing, but before I know it, I hear my shorts rip, and I'm dangling upside down on the railing. The handle of the railing was missing (the splash railings have a long piece of wood, then a bracket holding a smaller piece of wood to grip with your full hand. The smaller piece was missing at the bottom of the steps, revealing the metal bracket), and I landed on that as I slide down.

Well, my parents look at me, check my leg, and it got a pretty good gash in it (about an inch long, and 1/2 an inch wide). Fortunately not a lot of bleeding. They asked if I needed to go to first aid right then, or if I could wait. I told them I wanted to wait, and ride splash mountain (are you kidding? I'm a disney fan. a little leg pain and a cut won't put me down!). So after we ride, I walk up to Main street to get checked out.

Well, the lady working the first aid saw how good I cut my leg, and she pretty much lost it (but professionally. lol she asked a lot of questions, and made sure I was legitimately ok).

I told her I was fine, and that it didn't really hurt a lot (10 year old boy's ego got in the way. That cut hurt like hell.). She asked where I got cut, and I told her, and mom told her the fine details of exactly where in line, and as soon as she knew where in the queue the handle was missing, she radioed maintenance and got them out there to fix it.

she butterfly bandaged my cut together (not deep enough for stitches), and asked if there was anything I needed. All I wanted was ice cream, and she gave me like, 3 or 4 meal comp tickets to get ice cream! Had I known about club 33 at that age, I should have asked for dinner there!

But overall, my one and only experience with first aid at Disneyland was really awesome, and extremely professional. They really handle their work well.