• See you there!

Parade, Fireworks and HC seating

I am still researching for my parade viewing (A Christmas Fantasy Parade) and fireworks and HC arrangements, and I have a few questions:

1. A few years ago I thought Disneyland had a special area for HC seating where folks in wheelchairs and scooters could park and their friends and family had a bench close by to sit, but I do not see this marked on the maps.

Do they still have these arrangements?
    Are there any available for the Small World viewing area?

2. On a weekday, say Dec 7, what time would I need to find a space in the Small World Viewing area for the 6:30 PM parade?

3. Is there a better area in the Small World viewing area?

Closer to IASW?
    Closer to Matterhorn?
    Closer to the middle of the Small World viewing area?

Thanks for any help.

CU@DL

Andy

• Defeats the Huns

Re: Parade, Fireworks and HC seating

There is still a small area assigned for wheelchairs along the parade route near Small World Mall. It's on the Fantasyland Theater side, across from the set of stairs.

On Dec 7, Parade of Dreams will be at 4:30. And that parade starts from Town Square, ending in Small World. So, it probably won't reach Small World until right before 5:00. Which means there isn't much time between that and the Christmas Fantasy Parade, which starts at 6:30, and starts on Small World side. So people have been planting their butts down, or at least leaving people to save seats for them right after the Parade of Dreams ends. The Small World area also contains the Christmas Tour/VIP Seating (right across from the "it's a small world" entrance). So expect to be there quickly after the Parade of Dreams.

I think that if you find a good spot right up against the railing in that area that is raised higher (across from it's a small world") you would have a really good view of the parade.

And remember Dec. 5 and 6 the parade times are earlier because of the Cast Member Holiday Party (one Christmas Fantasy Parade at 4:00pm on those days).

• See you there!

Re: Parade, Fireworks and HC seating

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    There is still a small area assigned for wheelchairs along the parade route near Small World Mall. It's on the Fantasyland Theater side, across from the set of stairs.

On Dec 7, Parade of Dreams will be at 4:30. And that parade starts from Town Square, ending in Small World. So, it probably won't reach Small World until right before 5:00. Which means there isn't much time between that and the Christmas Fantasy Parade, which starts at 6:30, and starts on Small World side. So people have been planting their butts down, or at least leaving people to save seats for them right after the Parade of Dreams ends. The Small World area also contains the Christmas Tour/VIP Seating (right across from the "it's a small world" entrance). So expect to be there quickly after the Parade of Dreams.

I think that if you find a good spot right up against the railing in that area that is raised higher (across from it's a small world") you would have a really good view of the parade.

And remember Dec. 5 and 6 the parade times are earlier because of the Cast Member Holiday Party (one Christmas Fantasy Parade at 4:00pm on those days).

Thanks for the info, much appreciated,

CU@DL

Andy