Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Disneyland Ghost Stories (not a debate thread)

And please, at the outset, hear me out: there is already (and have been) threads about whether or not ghosts are real, debunking videos at Disneyland of 'ghosts', pros and cons of the supernatural, lack of evidence...etc etc. This thread is not about proving the existence of an afterlife, or proving or disproving ghosts exist ever. This is a thread for stories/personal experiences/accounts to be shared, and all accounts shared are not presumed to be proof of ghosts: but what happened to a specific person. This is related to Disneyland, as folks tend to experience things or hear accounts on places they have a strong attachment or interest to, and all here should reflect that: this is not the place to come in and say, Ghosts are fake forever, or, I can prove they exist: it's a thread to share ghost stories and accept them as such, reported accounts, for those who are interested in that. Savvy? I personally exist squarely in the middle: Interested but seen no solid proof, and like ghostly tales for the same reason I love horror movies and the Haunted Mansion: they are interesting and appeal to my interests. Please respect the "no flaming of other side" or ghosts are fake/ghosts are proven to exist argument....this is not the place.

Now, onwards to a personal account, recounted to me by a friend who used to work ODV at the park in the early 2000's. I make no claim of the veracity of his personal conclusions or what might have happened here, but his words are his own and I trust him as reporting what actually happened without exaggerating, and usually the simplest explanation is the correct one (as he states himself in said account). Name has been changed where used, since is a former DL employee:

“Disneyland has a lot of well-documented haunts and origins thereof (ashes of a loved one spread in the Haunted Mansion, little girl who was lost on Tom Sawyer’s Island never to be seen again…except as a ghost, kid who died on the PeopleMover on Grad Night, etc.), so I’m a bit surprised that I haven’t been able to track down the story behind what I experienced.

I used to work in Outdoor Vending. Most carts are brought back to a main warehouse each night for cleaning, but the popcorn carts are much harder to move (they are lighter, but are much harder to steer and there’s a lot more to disconnect than a power cord) so they stay in the park each night.
    Since they aren’t brought back to be cleaned, the vendor who closes the cart has to clean it on stage. Naturally, sometimes vendors just want to go home after a long day, and don’t do a very good job. At the end of the day, someone goes out to “close the park,” which in vending-speak means to inspect the carts and make sure they were cleaned properly (this person also has to finish the job if it wasn’t done, but the closing vendor will get in trouble for not doing it themselves next time they work).

This was one of my favorite jobs, because I got to walk around a nearly-empty Disneyland. About 45 minutes to an hour after the park closed, I would head out to close the park. I would usually start in Toontown…guests are still in the park, so I wanted to start where the crowds were gone. Then the cart by It’s A Small World, the Matterhorn, Tomorrowland, then back through Fantasyland to Frontierland (Main Street would still have too many people). Then after Frontierland and New Orleans Square, I would head back to Main Street, where I usually met the vendor as they were finishing up their cleaning.

That was a roundabout way to tell you why I was walking along Big Thunder Trail from Fantasyland to Frontierland one night at around 2:00AM when it was very dark and nobody was around…more or less.
    Where most of Disneyland has area music in the background, this area has sounds playing of crickets, birds, frogs, coyotes, and other wilderness sounds. I had heard it so much that I knew when to expect each sound, if I was paying attention to it. So when I heard my name whispered in the dark, it stood out…I’d never heard anything in those sounds that sounded like “Andrew.”

I turned towards the sound of the whisper, and didn’t see anybody. I shrugged it off as my imagination and kept going. After a few seconds, it came again, slightly louder than a whisper this time. “Andrew!”
    It sounded like it was someone speaking to me from about five feet away, behind me and a little to the right. I turned, and once again there wasn’t anyone there. I knew I had heard something this time, so I wasn’t as quick to dismiss it and move along. Thinking a coworker was messing around, I got out my flashlight and started searching. I wasn’t quite to the bridge across from the abandoned mine train tunnel, and the only possible hiding place was in the foliage to my right.

I searched around, and didn’t see anyone, nor did I hear anyone moving through the plants (which are numerous there). The nearest fake rock with a hinge where someone could open it up to hide with a water pump was still well ahead of me.

After a couple minutes, I gave up and decided that, once again, I was hearing things. I turned off my flashlight and started back towards the hill down to the Mark Twain Dock. I hadn’t taken two steps when, right at my ear, there was the sound of my name being shouted. “ANDREW!”

A quick glance showed nobody there, and I ran like the pirate being chased by the large lady in Pirates of the Caribbean, except not in circles. I made a beeline for the popcorn cart that was on the Golden Horseshoe side of the Mark Twain Dock, where things were well-lit and other Cast Members were around. I still wasn’t sure what had just happened.

So I finished my rounds of the popcorn wagons, looking over my shoulder once in a while, but I didn’t see or hear anything odd after getting off Big Thunder Trail.

I went back to our warehouse behind the Disneyland RR’s New Orleans Square Station. One of my good friends was working that night and I pulled him aside and told him the story. He went kind of pale, and said “You too?”

Apparently I’m not the only one who’s been called on that trail. I only spoke to three others who heard their names at night there, so I’m not sure how well-known the story is. I think I told it once before on here, but I don’t have a large following.

For the skeptics: Yes, I realize that it’s possible that this was a prank. If so, however, my normally loud and rowdy coworkers suddenly became ninjas to pull it off unseen and unheard as they moved. Plus, at 2:00 in the morning, the closers usually kind of want to finish up and go home, and everything got done on time that night.

So yes, I am a believer in the hauntings of Disneyland, and (after reading the earlier post about George), at Walt Disney World. I tend to look at things with a skeptical eye and not believe every story I hear, but it’s easier to believe when you’ve experienced something out of the ordinary yourself.”

So...anyone else got ones to share? And please, given there's already a thread discussing ghosts are fake/cultural mental construct/the discussion for both existence and non existence...let's leave this one solely for sharing accounts taken merely as that, stories shared for fun for people interested in hearing them.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Disneyland Ghost Stories (not a debate thread)

There's the one about the boy and a girl in their car and a man with a hook for a hand who's on the loose.

You know where that's going.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    There's the one about the boy and a girl in their car and a man with a hook for a hand who's on the loose.

You know where that's going.
    Is it an Autopia car, though? If is about Disneyland...

• formerly very helpful

I saw that hooked guy running around Disneyland! He was dressed like a pirate.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Is it an Autopia car, though? If is about Disneyland...
    Yes. I'm almost done with the first draft.
    It's more a scary story than a ghost story, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

ooo creepy! If I had been "Andrew", I would've been running like it was a 100 meter sprint in the olympic finals towards main street (or towards wherever people were around) after the first whisper!! hah (yes, i gt freaked out very easily)

excited to hear more fun disneyland ghost stories!

flower gleam & glow...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

“Disneyland has a lot of well-documented haunts and origins thereof (ashes of a loved one spread in the Haunted Mansion, little girl who was lost on Tom Sawyer’s Island never to be seen again…except as a ghost, kid who died on the PeopleMover on Grad Night, etc.)
    What whaaat? For my own curiousity please do share the documentation on this one, I've never seen any articles or seen any TV coverage on this one, seems like ideal front page or top story at 11 material. How are there no picketers outside the main entrance daily demanding the entire area be re-searched and exacavated?

Or is the little girl who lost a finger in 2001 story:
    Disneyland Yanks Toy Rifles After Accident - Los Angeles Times

And so ghosts can read CM name tags, nice.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    What whaaat? For my own curiousity please do share the documentation on this one, I've never seen any articles or seen any TV coverage on this one, seems like ideal front page or top story at 11 material. How are there no picketers outside the main entrance daily demanding the entire area be re-searched and exacavated?

Or is the little girl who lost a finger in 2001 story:
    Disneyland Yanks Toy Rifles After Accident - Los Angeles Times

And so ghosts can read CM name tags, nice.
    The story of the child with TSI he mentions could be the source getting confused with the boy who drowned in the Rivers of America (actually happened) or CM talk/legend....not my story heh, so don't have much more info on this one, only what my friend (the source) has said. Can post that account up later if this is still going however, as he heard the story.

Fascinating! Thank you for sharing!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Thank God for this thread! I myself am a hard-core skeptic but I can still enjoy a good ghost story.
    Looking forward to seeing what people have to share, the story regions posted was fantastic.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Grim Grinning Ghost

More stories please, even if their just CM talk/legend. I was at the park last Friday and was walking around a little after closing and was thinking about the possibility of ghosts at the park after reading the other thread. Love me some Disneyland and love me some ghosts/ghost stories. =)

"I Want That Simple Life"

B.F.F.=Brian Fyfe Forever
    4-8-1983 to 4-28-2010

• Mrs. J. Depp

You know what would make a good show? Ghost Hunters at Disneyland. I'd watch for sure.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Forgotten Spirit

Take my story as you wish, I know what I experienced wasn't as CM joke.

This occurred a few months back in this spot (circled):

(approximately in the corner to where the arrow is pointing to)

Anyways, my father and I were literally one of the only people on the Haunted Mansion that night, it was seriously dead for a Saturday night..no pun intended. I don't think we realized we were the last people in line until we heard, and felt, someone jogging behind us. You could feel the footsteps behind us; the CM loading whoever into a Doombuggy turned around and so did we, it was almost unnerving.

The freaky part, no one was behind us. My dad and I looked at each other wondering if it was just one of us who heard it.

By far the weirdest night on the Haunted Mansion.

:P then again, no one ever believes my spirit tales, usually its only me who experiences stuff...luckily my dad was there to prove i wasn't some nut xD

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Thank you for sharing, MrHG! Did the CM working load say anything about it at the time, or just kind of shrug it off...?

• Forgotten Spirit

Thank you for sharing, MrHG! Did the CM working load say anything about it at the time, or just kind of shrug it off...?
    He did the twirl around thing and looked a bit startled at how loud it actually was.

I always wish for something weird to happen on HM, so far this is the only "supernatural" thing to occur. I rode in DB #55 with no prevail either (No, i didn't wait for it, i just happened to luck out xD)

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast