View Poll Results: Where Should Marvel Themed Attractions Be Built?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland - Building Marvel attractions in Disneyland is fine with me

13 5.04%
  • DCA - Building Marvel attractions in DCA OK

25 9.69%
  • 3rd Park - Put Marvel in a 3rd park only

120 46.51%
  • Anywhere Disney wants to put them

45 17.44%
  • Nowhere - they don't belong in any Disney park

55 21.32%
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: The Gospel of Marvel from the Book of Al Lutz - Save Disneyland

Both my kids LOVE this video -- the ending with Batman is lame (the video creator has a whole thing with Marvel vs DC so it seemed like he was just throwing it in there - but if you like that sort of thing, you have to see his Deadpool vs Green Lantern!)

I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

I have no problem with Disney building Marvel attractions for Disney parks, even putting one inside Disneyland. Creativity means that you try NEW things, pioneer new frontiers and new concepts. To say that Marvel does not fit in Disneyland is just very narrowminded in my opinion. Why doesnt it? if the Imagineers can make an interesting concept, and fit it so its theme-appropriate into one of its lands, then WHY cant Marvel get an attraction?

If we had Micechat back in the early 90's before Indiana Jones opened, we all probably would have said the same thing we are currently saying about Marvel, "it doesnt fit Disneyland" .."its not very Disney" etc etc. Give things a CHANCE, trust that the imagineers can come up with an amazing concept for these unique characters that Marvel has. Why close our minds to something that could be great?

Disneyland is not holy land, its not a museum, to say that Marvel is somehow not "good enough" for it, is just ridiculous in my opinion. The place is about history, imagination, science etc. ..not everything at Disney has to be princesses and pirates, let Disney expand its horizons, because I am sure thats what Walt would have done if he was still alive.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Second Star View Post
    I know there a multitude of people who will disagree with me, but hey...

I think, judiciously applied, the Marvel brand could be a good fit to revitalize TomorrowLand.

Just a thought.
    The closest known characters get to being appropriate for Tomorrowland is Howard and Tony Stark, but that relationship is derived from Walt Disney and the original Tomorrowland. So why not just give people an honest, old school Walt Disney approach to Tomorrowland?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I have no problem what so ever with Marvel or Disney owning Marvel. However, this is one time when Synergy and One Disney initiatives could really hurt Disneyland. Listen to the Marvel and Disney fans and give the Marvel characters their very own worlds in which to play. Don't ruin Disneyland and the other Magic Kingdoms in the process! Let the properties exist as brothers and not Siamese twins.

Can I hear an AMEN?!
    Amen! Well said, Dusty. As a longtime Disneyland fan AND Marvel fan, I agree that mixing the two in any one theme park will not work.

A request: would it be possible to move this thread to the Disneyland forum?
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 05-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    A request: would it be possible to move this thread to the Disneyland forum?
    Absolutely. I probably should have put it here to begin with.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• First star to the right..

I call on a third gate! The water park we have all been waiting for!!!!!

• I'm from Canada eh!

If done right I would suoport a ride or a little area in Tomorrowland or DCA. Why Tomorrowland or DCA? I dunno, I guess it feels like the right place to go, much more so than the other areas for sure.

But Like others have said, a third park in the area would be the best place for it. Disney already has a lot of great properties that are somwhat forgotten, lets showcase them instead.

• Wish upon a star!

Marvel doesn't mesh with Disney at all. At least the Pixar movies "play well" (stolen right out of the text of the OP) with Disney themes, but Marvel is completely different. They certainly need their own park.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by grimgrinningjesi View Post
    I thought that Disney had purchased additional property next to California Adventure (I could be mistaken on this), why not incorporate another "Land" that's a home for Marvel?

And what about Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios Orland...? They have an entire section there devoted to Marvel Comics. Ughs.
    1. You might be referring to the strawberry fields nearby which is currently the Toy Story Lot. Specualtions are that a 3rd gate could be placed there in the near future and the Toy Story Lot was put there until Disney can (if it's still true) make Pumbaa another parking structure. This 3rd gate could well be a Marvel Theme Park.

2. Part of the deal when Disney bought Marvel is that they would honor any contracts that Marvel has with Disneys competitors (including Universal), so IOAs Marvel section is unaffected by Disney acquiring Marvel.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Closed Account

Let me get this straight:

It's OK to have Star Wars and Indiana Jones in Disneyland...but not Marvel? Does not compute.

I eagerly await the Stark Expo to replace Innoventions and the thermonuclear backlash that'll cause.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Folks, I've added a poll. Let us know what you think.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• "I Break Things"

but but but I wanted to see Mickey in an Iron Man suit... and Donald get angry and turn green with bulging muscles! Or have Goofy shoot webbing out of his hands as he scales the buildings of Main Street Marvel Town!

I also would have gone with "The Gospel of Lee according to Lutz" as the title... since Stan has taken a prominent stance in bringing the Marvel properties to the big screen (and thereby the purchase from Disney).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

My call on it is this:

In California, put it In Disney Adventures (California Adventure) and change the name of that park)
    In Florida, either put it in Hollywood Studios, or make a Marvel-themed Thrill Park.
    David Foxfire of Foxfire Studios
    http://foxfirestudios.net

• LOL

Never in Disneyland. DCA would be okay. But preferably a third gate.

• -

I think that there is a way to introduce the characters slowly in Disneyland. I posted the idea on that thread about the princess show in Fantasyland Theatre. Here is an excerpt from that post:

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Personally, I think that they should rip out that princess thing that is in the former Videopolis location. This would be a perfect place to add Marvel without being too disruptive of other lands. It's off to the side of Fantasy land in its own area. They can put a nice transition between Fantasyland and the "Marvel Theatre" to keep the two separated and not be intrusive on each other's theme. This way, we can have a show with more testosterone that young boys would like to go and see, and maybe meet some of their favorite superheroes after the show.

As stated above, this area is almost completely isolated from the rest of the park, and with the right theming and transitions can be completely separated from everything. If the overall feeling is then that Marvel fits in well here, it can be expanded. If the feeling generated from fans is that Marvel is not well received, all they need to do is put in a new stage show.

It would be so cool to see a live action Avengers show, or since Captain America comes out this summer, a show set during WWII featuring the Invaders.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast