Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

^^ in good taste. I personally think the changes on POTC were borderline Blasphemous, they weren't changes that were a necessity thematically or techno-wise...Autopia is just Smoggy, Noisy and old

• Hooterville, USA

Let's replace it with yet another Innoventions!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney Lover Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Let's replace it with yet another Innoventions!
    I wouldn't like that much, Innoventions is okay, not that high in the rating list, as you never see a big line for the line.

If I could do something, update it with a different form of Autipia, like Aquatopia (Boats) or something, although Aquatopia is highly unlikely.
    My Flickr

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

On the most basic level, Autopia is the most theme appropriate ride in tomorrowland. Every kid grows up watching mommy and daddy drive, and they all know that one day they are going to be in that drivers seat. being able to skip ahead a few years to that turning point in their life is a magical experience for the kids.

But Disneyland was never meant to be JUST for kids, adults and teens should be able to enjoy everything right along side the younger family members, so here is what I propose.

1.Enclose all of Autopia inside a show building, essentially making it a dark ride.
    2. Inside, guest would drive through the streets of a futuristic city, or the rouged terrain of a alien planet, really anything that can make the experience more like an adventure and less like a morning commute for the older drivers.
    3. For the love of God give the people their electric cars!!!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Disney Lover Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    On the most basic level, Autopia is the most theme appropriate ride in tomorrowland. Every kid grows up watching mommy and daddy drive, and they all know that one day they are going to be in that drivers seat. being able to skip ahead a few years to that turning point in their life is a magical experience for the kids.

3. For the love of God give the people their electric cars!!!
    +2
    My Flickr

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
    Everyone (almost everyone) is hoping for Autopia to be removed and replaced. This probably won't happen, but if it did, what would you want to see happen with that land? I would want something like SW or PM so I can try some classic DLR rides that I haven't been able to before.
    Okay .. I'll bite

1. My Number One choice would be to completely take out Autopia altogether. Since Nemo wrecks the Tomorrowland theme ... this where the whole area should be rechristened an "aqua" themed land that works as a transition to TL and Fantasyland .. as it sort of does already. This would just "complete" a process already kinda happening now. In place of Autopia .. an "Aquatopia" with lanes. Unlike DisneySea's that traverses around one large open pond .. this one has "lanes". And a few caves to go through. This idea works with the sub showbuilding that cannot take too much of a load on top. The vehicles would be no heavier than the Autopia cars. A shallow pool of water .. would actually be lighter than the heavier loads of soil and heavy trees that sit above it now. And then Motor Boat Cruise area .. would give into another "aquatically" themed ride. Perhaps Aquatopia would take place primarily above the subs showbuilding ... while another attraction could sit along side the DLRR track.

2. My Second suggestion would be something someone here on MC actually came up that I like. A "moon buggie" Autopia ... with a lunar landscape. Maybe not our moon .. but a moon from another world .. with some really strange vegetation, and some futuristic props to theme it better to Tomorrowland .. as the current Autopia's theme is just this overgrown modern-day "Southern California" landscaping.

3. This idea is more rooted to what the future probably will entail ... and that's that Honda will sponsor the Autopia with all electric cars .. and hopefully have some futuristic themed props along the "highway". And cut back on some of the greenery allowed to grow out of control, these last few decades.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    1) I wouldn't replace it.

2) I'd enhance it with new electric cars and new themeing.

3) I'd take out the Peoplemover tracks before a ride that's still severely popular with the general public.

That's if PM track is never used again.

But I think the Autopia is more obsolete than a Peoplemover is .. if we are talking Tomorrowland, here.

And Autopia is slow to load ... so .. we can continue to talk it's perceived "popularity" .. but I can come up with concepts that don't date the land to "todayland" like Autopia is doing. Even as electric vehicles .. nostalgia is just holding Tomorrowland back from "opening up" with better and more futuristically themed ideas.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Starters you could make them electric cars that look, sound futuristic.
    Then have them drive thru their area and have it made to look like a futuristic town with AA figures of robots and or people etc and really do a good job of lighting it so that not only the scale buildings but the landscaping and the roadway are lit up using various types of animated lighting like leds and EL.

And have the whole thing powered by solar panels and vertical wind units that are incorporated into this town of the future you would drive thru.

If you have ever played Wipeout on PS3 you have some idea of what they could do.

will they do anything so cool ? probably not.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Hot FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    ^^ in good taste. I personally think the changes on POTC were borderline Blasphemous, they weren't changes that were a necessity thematically or techno-wise...Autopia is just Smoggy, Noisy and old
    Just because Autopia lacks an elaborate romanticized story to it doesn't make it any less of a classic attraction changes or not. they're not nearly as bad as people make it out to think on here. I personally don't want Auto to leave...rather let's just work with what is there and make it as great as it was day one.

but if I HAD to get rid of it, Hmm...well the space can be used for an Indy style ride...but to make it unique it would be with Boats...though I wouldn't want to clump 2 water rides together but hey that's what I thought of on the spot that wasn't mentioned yet.

...seriously

• Artistic integrity

As long as there are Monorail and Peoplemover tracks above .... I don't see how any "Indy style ride" could ever happen. We're talking large showbuildings here. And even if PM tracks come down .... I don't see Disney touching the monorail beam at all. I have great hopes for this decade for DL. But something tells me their days of being so ambitious as to re-arrange the Monorail track ... are gone forever. I hate to say that word. But I get this feeling Disney is going to just keep recycling Tomorrowland's current infrastructure over, and over again. I think the most that will happen will be electric cars .. and maybe some thematic props along the roadways to remind people they are in Tomorrowland.

They could keep Autopia and still better utilize the space. First, the section of track that goes over the old MBC would be rebuilt on top of a new attraction building, whose entrance would be in the old MBC loading dock. Second, the RIDICULOUSLY HUMONGOUS Autopia queue and car storage area would be rebuilt to half its size. That current bit of land would fit an entire attraction of the size of Space Mountain or TLM. So rework the queue to be much smaller and free up some land for retail/restaurant.

For theme, I agree some kind of more futuristic setting and electric cars would go a long way to making everyone happy and kids could still have their Tomorrow-istic driving experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    As long as there are Monorail and Peoplemover tracks above .... I don't see how any "Indy style ride" could ever happen.
    See above. There is plenty of space in the old MBC for a huge show building "inside" the current Monorail and PM tracks. However, the Autopia tracks would have to ride on top of that show building. This new show building would have its queue in the MBC loading area with a passage under the Monorail and PM tracks, ala TSMM.

•   
    • Minion

Find a way to make it more futuristic and keep it would be my choice.

2 options:

1. I would put in a fantasyland expansion. Heading East from the Matterhorn, you would pass through huge, gnarled trees and vined-covered ruined walls (hiding the monorail) into the square from Beauty and the Beast. There are little cottages to the North and the South, with a fountain in the middle. Directly East, past the fountain is a copy of the upcoming WDW Snow White mine cart ride. To the North, you see a forced-perspective B&TB castle on a hill beyond the cottages. You enter Beauty's cottage and go down into the basement to board a HM style omnimover which then carries you through an elaborate B&TB ride. In a couple of cottages to the south is a smaller, more traditional Cinderella darkride. The queue area of Autopia is turned into a new Tomorrowland ride based on Treasure Planet.

2. Put in a huge Indiana Jones/WWHP-style ride based on the upcoming Hobbit (to be PG) movie and the LOTR, plus a couple smaller Disney-charactered rides like Cinderella and B&TB.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would replace Autopia with Autopia

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    2 options:

1.based on Treasure Planet.

2. Put in a huge Indiana Jones/WWHP-style ride based on the upcoming Hobbit (to be PG) movie and the LOTR,
    That would be "a tad" difficult .. as those properties belong to other studios (Hobbit: Warner Bros. LOFTR: New Line Cinema)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast