Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Lover Supreme.

What would YOU replace Autopia with?

Everyone (almost everyone) is hoping for Autopia to be removed and replaced. This probably won't happen, but if it did, what would you want to see happen with that land? I would want something like SW or PM so I can try some classic DLR rides that I haven't been able to before.
    My Flickr

• Banned User

Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

Build an entirely new land...Autopia is dated and noisy and smelly. They could keep the subs and re-theme it. and make it more of an Adventurers and Explorers theme like DisneySEA. that pad of land is so huge and severely underutilized

Steam Punk land and incorporate the Nemo subs

• -

Maybe replace it with a newer version that uses something more futuristic like mag-lev technology.

The Autopia is one of those classic Disneyland rides that just needs to be updated to make it relevant again.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Cut back the track and turn it into Hovertopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Infinitized!

Turn into more retail and dining options...

...just kidding.

• Minion

leve as is that the autiptia is beeen here in disneyland sice 1955 so dont think its going its going anywhere
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Banned User

^^ if we left everything as it is in the park without changing or updating things purely out of nostalgia, we would have a very boring and outdated park. Autopia is no better than a slick track at your local Miniature Golf Park, it has no theme and that land could house 3 attractions...time to let autopia go, theres still plenty of original Walt attractions in the park
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 05-04-2011 at 03:14 PM.

• Banned User

1) I wouldn't replace it.

2) I'd enhance it with new electric cars and new themeing.

3) I'd take out the Peoplemover tracks before a ride that's still severely popular with the general public.

• Disney Lover Supreme.

I agree with taking it down, but so many kids love it, they feel like they can drive. I want them to make the cars electric, the fumes an noise of all the cars kill ne whenever I'm riding it or in line.

• Banned User

Maybe they should tear out the People Mover Tracks and rebuild/reroute it, make that the new Autopia with electric vehicles on an elevated track and tear out Autopia and put something worthwhile there.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
    Everyone (almost everyone) is hoping for Autopia to be removed and replaced.
    You never asked my opinion on the matter! Let's put up a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
    This probably won't happen, but if it did, what would you want to see happen with that land? I would want something like SW or PM so I can try some classic DLR rides that I haven't been able to before.
    ??? People Mover tracks run right overhead in the Autopia area, so hate to break it to you... The PeopleMover Crowd can't let go of Autopia or there goes the whole neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    Build an entirely new land...Autopia is dated and noisy and smelly. They could keep the subs and re-theme it. and make it more of an Adventurers and Explorers theme like DisneySEA. that pad of land is so huge and severely underutilized
    I'm all for futuristic HKDL style landscaping and electric cars and a GM VOLT or HONDA INSIGHT sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Maybe replace it with a newer version that uses something more futuristic like mag-lev technology.

The Autopia is one of those classic Disneyland rides that just needs to be updated to make it relevant again.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    leve as is that the autiptia is beeen here in disneyland sice 1955 so dont think its going its going anywhere
    And for kids who dream of driving their own cars when they're adults, what could be more TOMORROWistic?

^^ if we left everything as it is in the park without changing or updating things purely out of nostalgia, we would have a very boring and outdated park. Autopia is no better than a slick track at your local Miniature Golf Park, it has no theme and that land could house 3 attractions...time to let autopia go, theres still plenty of original Walt attractions in the park
    Bah! No way.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    1) I wouldn't replace it.

2) I'd enhance it with new electric cars and new themeing.

3) I'd take out the Peoplemover tracks before a ride that's still severely popular with the general public.
    Excellent work.

• Future Imagineer

^^^That wouldn't work, unless you want like 2 hour lines, since there only is one lane. I wish it would work but sadly it won't.

• Hot FIRE!

and yet people hate the changes many classic attractions are getting...Pirates anyone?

back to Auto though I feel it really just needs a re-theme to make it once again the highways of tomorrow

...seriously

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast